Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [QUIZ] The Impossibly Hard Football Manager Elimination Quiz - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1759546-quiz-impossibly-hard-football-manager-elimination-quiz/3.htm

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 4:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: [QUIZ] The Impossibly Hard Football Manager Elimination Quiz
-------------------------------------------
:Missing men and Title Winners was hard i went for the same team for the first 3

Author:   shandy
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 6:55am (PST)
Is it too late to join Modiga?

No bother if it is.

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 7:04am (PST)
quote shandy
Is it too late to join Modiga?

No bother if it is.
Go ahead, just no joker available this round

Author:   blueboy123
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 10:32am (PST)
Just joined this. Difficult start Think I know a few of the players and the rest were guesses...hopefully good guesses!

Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 3:05am (PST)
I said I wouldn't be able to notify again but as there's only three left (from the signed up lot) who haven't replied, I might as well before I go away.

parmar1993 ho1mesy2011 Skadoosh

I will be back Sunday evening at some point so even though the deadline is 20:00 it might be like 22:00 when I have the results and answers up.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 14, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
just sent it in, first time i have gone on my laptop since i sent joined the quiz. guessed nearly every single one of them.

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   Sep 15, 12 at 2:09pm (PST)
Modiga

I have made a new acc. tag lloyd instead.

Author:   ricky706
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:19am (PST)
Modiga

I have sent my answers to you, I know I missed the join up date but thought I would have a go anyway!

I am not sure if it sent though as it seemed to be having problems on this computer at work. If not then don't worry I will just keep my answers and see how I did myself.

Author:   Andy4EFC
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 6:16am (PST)
Im in, pm'd you already Modiga

ricky706 the deadline for round one is 8pm tonight so you should be fine in being a participant like myself

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 12:08pm (PST)
quote ricky706
Modiga

I have sent my answers to you, I know I missed the join up date but thought I would have a go anyway!

I am not sure if it sent though as it seemed to be having problems on this computer at work. If not then don't worry I will just keep my answers and see how I did myself.
On my way home on the train, just to let you know I haven't received your pm, if you're around try again. As I said before, shall try and have answers up at ten so there's still a bit of time if you need

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:29pm (PST)
Round 1 Answers!

Here are the answers to the first round, I know a lot of the answers require guessing but it can be done through educated guesses.

------------------------------------------

All but one got Torres and everyone got Fellaini. The keeper was a toughy but if you knew FM enough you could see it was the sort of midtable good keeper type stats. (Someone put a not PL keeper, clue in the question). Carlos Tevez was the hardest as most people fell into the Rooney trap, unfortunately Rooney is accomplished as an AMC. Well done to those who got that one and special mention to Skadoosh who got 10 points, for getting all of them along with playing the joking here.

I will admit to saying this was a very hard round and it was about seeing the patterns in the other teams final positions. The main thing was guessing which Manchester club underperformed in the first couple of seasons. The third question was probably the hardest (even though Liverpool winning the 4th is hard to imagine I know) because Man City finish outside the top four in the first two seasons (unless you thought they won it those years). To get the Liverpool one you have to trust their previous three seasons.

Probably the hardest round involving the most guess work. The main thing was that you had two clues to work out the answer. Most of you probably just used the one clue of the position in the team but another major clue was to look at the shirt number and to see where in the squad this player probably was. Not an easy round and only one person got two of them correct (liverpooljohn88).

You had to have a good knowledge of La Liga just to know which teams were missing in general. It was definitely a round of two easier and one much harder team. Trusting that Athletic and Malaga hadn't been relegated got two easier marks but the much harder relegation battling side of Sporting made the job of getting the bonus point pretty difficult. But congratulations go to afcbJamie for getting all of those correct.

------------------------------------------

Here are the standings so far:
Skadoosh		13
IcarusAbides 12
liverpooljohn88 10
CupidStunt 10
parmar1993 9
afcbJamie 9
roger23 8
Maski 8
ho1mesy2011 8
YidArmy617 7
simeon88 7
LegendOfNufc 7
lloyd 7
Crowy 7
harbin91 6
blueboy123 6
justplayingitcool 5
jmg_95 5
shandy 4
Drachbo 4
Andy4EFC 4
11kgm 4

Now remember that the first three rounds are totalled together before the elimination takes place and I can now announce that THREE PEOPLE WILL BE ELIMINATED after the third round. If anyone disagrees with their mark (and there's a good chance I added up wrong somewhere) then just make it known in the thread and I shall double check.

Now it's time to place your Round 2 Joker, with the second round coming up during the week.

The categories are:
  • Collage of faces (5 points)
  • Name the manager (4 points)
  • Missing men (4 points)
  • Name the player (5 points)
  • Missing link (5 points)
Just to clarify, the missing link will be something that links all the answers together and by placing the joker on the missing link you could get yourself a bonus ten points.

Author:   lloyd
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
Name the player, me thinks.

Author:   Maski
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:33pm (PST)
Safely in the top half of the table, can't complain.

Joker: Name the manager

Author:   Drachbo
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
Boo!

Nicely presented, I can't do any worse from here on so up we go!

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:36pm (PST)
Wow. 12 I really thought I'd done badly. I guessed Ter Stegen for the GK.

erm, Missing Link for my joker in the next round please.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.