Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [QUIZ] The Impossibly Hard Football Manager Elimination Quiz - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1759546-quiz-impossibly-hard-football-manager-elimination-quiz/10.htm

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [QUIZ] The Impossibly Hard Football Manager Elimination Quiz
-------------------------------------------
No problem, going to extend the deadline to Sunday evening. Probably more fair on the busier members to have a week to do it, rather than the four (week)days that I gave. Although no more notifications for this round as won't be around to give them.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 11:33am (PST)
Deadline of 21:30 GMT tonight for Crowy, Maski, LegendOfNufc, Skadoosh, simeon88 and Andy4EFC

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:12pm (PST)
Round 3 Answers!

A tough week with some low scores about and a few blanks as well making the scores interesting.

------------------------------------------

Pretty difficult round for most here with the clues not being as obvious as previous. The majority got the first correct with each fact of information linking it to Samuel Eto'o. A high capped player does rule out a lot of players making it not too hard. The second was mainly correct from all with having to pick a player who has made it through the Barcelona ranks in recent years. The amount of years at the club might have stopped you thinking of Pedro. Six members got the third one correct, having to focus on the player being a very good striker with strength being a key part of the player. Some said Ibrahimovic which similarly fits but just see what type of player it must be. Only five got the last right with the main clues being a striker who is old playing for ___er, akak Inter. Howver hard the round was, five managed to get all of them correct.

Definitely the easy round of the quiz this week. All but one got David Villa in the top left as you can see a lot of his face in the collage. On the other hand, Filippo Inzaghi as the top right was much harder although about half of you still managed to get it. I was surprised that most of you saw the bottom left as the beard of Xabi Alonso and Lionel Messi as the bottom right (and background) was answered by the majority as well. Six got all correct with half using jokers as well to get ten points.

Probably the hardest round with the lowest scores. The first was definitely the most difficult question this week even with part of the name revealed. Many of you said Tunchev but it is in fact Dmitry Alenichev (you may have not heard of him but the Missing Link could have helped). The second was answered by the majority as Ronald Koeman as you knew his history as a manager. Ruud Gullit was answered by about half, picking a well-capped Dutchman. Two people got full marks, ho1mesy2011 and jmg_95 with the latter also getting double points for using their joker.

Obviously the educated guesses round but all but one did guess the first as AC Milan, a still good amount but less at about half guessed the second as Inter. A handful got the third as Juventus and only a few got the last as also being Juventus. Quite a few said AC, Juventus, Inter, Inter/Napoli which was close but not close enough. Well done roger23 for being the only one to get all answers correct.

A very difficult link, compared to last round, with a few of you saying that the link was winning the CL/EC which is not actually true as some did score while not winning it. Two did get the link, very well done to parmar1993 and ho1mesy2011.

------------------------------------------

Here are the scores from this round:
ho1mesy2011		27
parmar1993 25
jmg_95 14
roger23 14
blueboy123 13
shandy 12
harbin91 11
Drachbo 11
killaAshley 11
afcbJamie 9
CupidStunt 9
liverpooljohn88 8
justplayingitcool 7
YidArmy617 7
11kgm 6
IcarusAbides 6
LegendOfNufc 5
Maski 0
Crowy 0
simeon88 0
Andy4EFC 0
Skadoosh 0

Here are the Round 1-3 standings:
ho1mesy2011		48
parmar1993 45
shandy 40
Skadoosh 39
harbin91 39
liverpooljohn88 38
CupidStunt 37
blueboy123 30
roger23 30
jmg_95 28
afcbJamie 25
IcarusAbides 25
LegendOfNufc 23
Maski 23
killaAshley 23
Drachbo 23
11kgm 21
-----ELIMINATION ZONE------
YidArmy617 20
justplayingitcool 20
Crowy 17

-----AUTO ELIMINATION------
simeon88 7
Andy4EFC 4

The first set of eliminations! The bottom two drop out for failing to answer in two consecutive rounds while the next three are the three with the lowest combined scores. From the next round onwards it is all round by round! That means you have to perform well each time. We're now left with 17 and Round 4 shall contains another three members eliminated, pressure is on. From next round onwards, there will be three eliminated including those who do not send in their answers and there will be a tie break if there are equal points across the relegation zone (unless it's between four+ people on 0 points, they will all be eliminated).

I am also introducing that there is a prize for getting the highest score (starting with ho1mesy2011) in that you get a bonus five points next round if you place in the elimination zone, to help you out. That shall be the reward for the next few rounds at least.

Also once again, if you think your score is wrong, just ask in here or pm about it and I will go over/double check.

Now it's time to place your Round 4 Joker, with the fourth round coming up on Wednesday.

The categories are:
  • Name the player (5 points)
  • Name the club (5 points)
  • Name the manager (4 points)
  • Missing teams (4 points)

Author:   IcarusAbides
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:24pm (PST)
Oh very dear.

Joker - Name the club.

Author:   Justplayingitcool
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:29pm (PST)
So am I out of the competition? Or is the wording completly confusing me?

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:34pm (PST)
quote justplayingitcool
I read it as you're out. Unlucky.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:36pm (PST)
Round 4 Joker has to be Name the Manager for me, i've done alright on that so far.

Author:   Justplayingitcool
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:40pm (PST)
quote IcarusAbides
quote justplayingitcool
I thought so.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:45pm (PST)
quote justplayingitcool
quote IcarusAbides
quote justplayingitcool
I thought so.
I'll be joining you next time.

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:46pm (PST)
was hoping for another Face collage as I have done well in them so far.

Name the Club then.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:50pm (PST)
quote justplayingitcool
quote IcarusAbides
quote justplayingitcool
I thought so.
Sorry for the bad wording, very tired But yeah, you're out I'm afraid.

Author:   Crowy
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:50pm (PST)
I thought I'd be alright actually but just simply didn't get chance to get round 3 answers in. Oh well not to worry.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 2:51pm (PST)
I put the missing link as played either for or against Inter. Completely did not get that missing link, lost 20 points with that. Xabis beard was easy. Knew I saw Inzhagis face before... just could not apply the name. Can't recall if I got Messi right but I nearly put him down. Not a bad score though.

Joker = Name the players.

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 5:31pm (PST)
name the player

Author:   CupidStunt
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 5:42pm (PST)
You're all cheats
Joker - Name The Club

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.