Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Home Dressing Room - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1757669-home-dressing-room/7.htm

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Home Dressing Room
-------------------------------------------
quote harbin91
quote arwelt
quote harbin91
Anyone know a good individual team talk for a player who is complacent? Neymar is feeling like he can score before the ball even reaches him... he already hit the post with one one-on-one.

EDIT:
I've found 'No pressure' often works with a complacent player.
Now you see that is not what I'd have thought.

Neymar for overall has been one of those that gets good match ratings but generally doesn't score or assist much.... which is why I'm considering dropping him for Wickham... as soon as he comes back from his 3 week injury... towards the end of April.
I remember originally going for 'expect a performance' and that made them play terrible, so went with the opposite and they usually do good.

Had gone every league game unbeaten before this, knew Bilic would get City back in shape

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
quote arwelt
quote harbin91
quote arwelt
quote harbin91
Anyone know a good individual team talk for a player who is complacent? Neymar is feeling like he can score before the ball even reaches him... he already hit the post with one one-on-one.

EDIT:
I've found 'No pressure' often works with a complacent player.
Now you see that is not what I'd have thought.

Neymar for overall has been one of those that gets good match ratings but generally doesn't score or assist much.... which is why I'm considering dropping him for Wickham... as soon as he comes back from his 3 week injury... towards the end of April.
I remember originally going for 'expect a performance' and that made them play terrible, so went with the opposite and they usually do good.
TBH I usually just use Passionately>Have Faith... gets a positive reaction from pretty much all players.

Like the fact my team has started playing the ball out of the defence, hate the fact that players keep dribbling the ball out of play when its near the edge of the pitch. Also hate the fact that the media are criticizing Suarez for not having luck in front of goal (heard that one before) even though he's now an attacking midfielder. Suarez is now my creator in a narrow 4-4-2 diamond....

....unless you count a trequartista type as a striker then its 4-3-3
or unless you count the wing backs as part of the midfield then it's 2-6-2 or 2-5-3.

We need a standard for these type of things to make it easier to describe stuff. Where's the International Standards Organisation? I want to standardise football positions.

Wish media would actually recognize where the players play instead of their natural position.

EDIT: Cheers for that FM... just injure Suarez one minute before full time why don't you

Author:   Skadoosh
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 1:26pm (PST)
well, after 28 long years..

quite easy in the end. everything just clicked this season, the main difference being a 4-6-0 formation that I began using for some away games, often controversially dropping my main striker Daniel Diaz who still managed to hit a ton of goals. also won the Champions League for the second time in the sweetest of fashions.

I set out when I started this game to make it as realistic as possible: no signing players over 48 months, aim for top four each season, make a few additions each summer and play attractive, controlling football. what's more, seven seasons on, I still have ten of the starting squad at my club: Reina, Robinson, Coates, Wilson, Gerrard, Shelvey, Henderson, Lucas, Agger and Suarez. only 40% of those started against Lyon in what was my first-choice eleven - Reina, Coates, Wilson and Lucas but the 38-year old Gerrard aside, all had important roles to play through the season. transitions have been smooth, with no massive squad overhauls and young players integrated into the first team where possibly. I've no academy graduates in my first team squad yet, but the standard of youth intake is steadily increasing as chances are given to previous batches of youngsters.

so yeah, in many ways it's pretty disgraceful that it took me seven seasons to win the league with Liverpool, but it was fun to do it the way I did. screenshots are available to those who ask.

Author:   liverpooljohn88
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 2:12pm (PST)
Started a game on Tottenham the other day on MUF's update and am just approaching the end of my first season. In the summer I signed Damiao(£25m), Owen(free) and Lee Chung-Yong(£7m). I added Geoffrey Kondogbia on a loan to buy deal in January. My only sales happened in January and they were Adebayor(£16m), Defoe(£2.5m) and Gallas(£500k).

Had an excellent season after a slow start and with just 5 games left I am 5pts above Chelsea with a game in hand. I am also in the FA Cup final where I will meet Reading and I have just beat Olympiakos 5-0 in the 1st leg of the Europa League semi-final at WHL. Lost to Everton in the Capital One Cup 4th Round.

Best players by far have been Sigurdsson (who has kept Dembele and Dempsey out of the team) and Damiao (who started off slow but now has 28 goals and 7 assists in 41 games).

Iago Falque (10(4)games with 6 goals and 5 assists) and Coulibaly (7(8)games with 8 goals and 2 assists) have been my best youth players.

Author:   RM99
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 6:23pm (PST)

Think that has to be my most dominant final performance, scoreline-wise.

Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 11:04am (PST)

OK. So a good performance, a decent win, and got two goals, but can we have more clear cut chances and goals please, eh lads?

Author:   liverpooljohn88
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 2:36pm (PST)
quote liverpooljohn88

Finished the season fantastically, a 4-0 win over Chelsea gave me the league title with 2 games to spare. Chung-Yong and Dawson got the goals in a 2-0 win over Reading in the FA Cup final and a 1-0 win over Montpellier thanks to a Scott Parker penalty gave me the Europa League trophy aswell.

Author:   DJ ones
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 2:08am (PST)
Leigh Griffiths just scored 6 goals for me in the League Cup final and still only got a rating of 9.8... don't understand this game at times.

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 10:32am (PST)

What a season . Money from this will be huge, it's all going well so far.
The CL comes back to us! Absolutely delighted, really am enjoying this save now, and the money from all of this will be huge!

Date:   Sep 05, 12 at 2:12pm (PST)
Refuses to believe Sam Vokes can beat Mats Hummels in the air.

Either way, just had a very strong 4-0 win against Middlesbrough in the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Link up play between my front two was good. 8 clear cut chances... just need to learn to take them all instead of queuing up at the end of matches to score.

Best passer? Conor Coady who completed all 29 passes of his.

Just need a few more crosses from my wing backs when the chance arises instead of them stopping and doing that twiddly thing on the spot... and Suarez playing better killer through balls instead of passing to the feet at times.

Infact, Suarez had a poor game today. So far though, positive feed back from my attacking 4-4-2 diamond that is actually a 4-3-3.

Arsenal next. Let's see how it does against the historical pass-masters. When I played them at Anfield earlier in the season in my true 4-3-3 I scored a 5-0 win.

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 3:47am (PST)
Just found my new stadium only 6k seats more then my last one can't be upgraded ever what a waster of 500mil

Author:   Skadoosh
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 1:00pm (PST)

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 06, 12 at 1:05pm (PST)
quote Skadoosh
[img][/img]

good win there, Koln have started strong I see - they always do, they'll be up there come the end of the season.

Author:   ho1mesy2011
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 1:00am (PST)

great way to start the new season after the shock of winning the quadruple last year

My Honours on this save now stand at

Premier league 2012 2013
League Cup 2012 2013
Fa Cup 2012 2013
Europa League 2012
Community Shield 2013 2014
Champions league 2013
Olympics Gold 2012

A super cup and club world championship victory would complete my objective for this save in just 2 and a half seasons

Author:   Madman
Date:   Sep 07, 12 at 6:35am (PST)

The curse of the former player strikes again, probably our best performance of the season. This should confirm our place in the final where I'll no doubt lose to City and my wait to win any trophy will continue!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.