Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Home Dressing Room - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1757669-home-dressing-room/6.htm

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 7:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Home Dressing Room
-------------------------------------------
quote ResistanceFailure
arwelt You got enough time to be looking for a new one? Still deadline day?

I found a good few DC's in Italy. The one I bought is only 17 and has a two star CA and four and a half star PA.
Yup, the official time is 18:45 Not sure if I have enough time to test a team's patience though, think if I do go for one I'll just have to accept their price. Milan have the best scouted young CB, but he's 15 so could easily be shit in a few years if he doesn't follow up on his potential.

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 7:46pm (PST)
quote arwelt
quote ResistanceFailure

I found a good few DC's in Italy. The one I bought is only 17 and has a two star CA and four and a half star PA.
Yup, the official time is 18:45 Not sure if I have enough time to test a team's patience though, think if I do go for one I'll just have to accept their price. Milan have the best scouted young CB, but he's 15 so could easily be shit in a few years if he doesn't follow up on his potential.
I'm sure money isn't a problem with your Wrexham side.
I had to make two separate bids for mine, as he was co-owned by Chievo and Fiorentina.

Date:   Sep 02, 12 at 7:51pm (PST)
quote ResistanceFailure
quote arwelt
quote ResistanceFailure

I'm sure money isn't a problem with your Wrexham side.
I had to make two separate bids for mine, as he was co-owned by Chievo and Fiorentina.
It isn't but I'm trying to become the richest club in the world, and the Spanish giants are over 1BN ofc and we're only just above £400M so I'm trying to be more strict on myself when it comes to dealings. I have over £70M left, but I'm mainly just trying to buy where I need it, rather than for the sake of it. For example, I could've got a 17yr old German FB who had 3 and a half star potential for £20M, so rejected that and went for a 3 star potential FB for £5M, when usually I'd have gone for the former
My 2 main CB's are out injured, leaving me with 2 proper ones, and 2 versatile players to fill in if needed, so have decided against buying a CB.

Author:   Wembley_Way
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 4:23am (PST)
So i have started as Liverpool on a new transfer update, and these are the player i brought in.

Leandro Damiao - 17.5m
Rafael Tolio - 2.5m
Anatoliy Tymoshchuk - 2.0m
Thomas Carroll - 230k
Nery Castillo - 700k

My team don't seem to have the ability to score though, in most matches we will have 14 shots on goal, but only 3 will hit the target. We've started the season with one win and four drawn (three of them being 0-0 draws).

This is the tactic i have been using since the start of the season.

Gerrard is still not fully fit so he hasn't featured so far, also the players that are injured were all injured in our last game against United.

So have you guys got any ideas on why my side are not scoring?

Author:   stanDRFC
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:28am (PST)
Wembley_Way maybe out Leandro Diamao Target Man Supply to 'Feat'. can we also have a SS of your whole squad?

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:42am (PST)

stanDRFC

Author:   stanDRFC
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:50am (PST)
maybe swap Borini for sterling and try that? and play lucas DM and put Allen at MC instead of Tymoschuck(sp?)

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
quote stanDRFC
maybe swap Borini for sterling and try that? and play lucas DM and put Allen at MC instead of Tymoschuck(sp?)
Sterling was on fire before he was injured, 3 goals in 4 games, broke his leg against United so he wont be playing again. Just played my latest fixture against QPR which we lost 1-0. 11 shots on goal, 1 on target. It's shocking.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 7:58am (PST)

Happy to have got the win, made it much harder for ourselves though. Oh well, looking forward o the 2nd leg.

Author:   Benjamino
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
Pearce finally left England! That job better be mine, I'm the only viable candidate, also applied for the Spain job out of interest.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 9:24am (PST)

About time I had someone who could challenge me in the CC final, thank god for that late equalizer

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 10:17am (PST)
Anyone know a good individual team talk for a player who is complacent? Neymar is feeling like he can score before the ball even reaches him... he already hit the post with one one-on-one.

EDIT: Well done Vrsaljko, you've just earnt yourself a 1 week fine. I want you to wrestle players off the ball cleanly, not try and break them. I mean, if you win the ball cleanly and break them in the process then fair enough, but atleast try and get the ball without giving away fouls and getting booked.

Author:   Validation
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
Have I just been cheated out of a title?

Romania separates it with

H2H
Goal Difference
Goals Scored

I beat them 6-0 and drew 0-0.
Had +34 compared to +30
Scored 66 to their 71.

Why haven't I got the title?

Got to go to a play-off against Vaslui.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:03am (PST)
quote harbin91
Anyone know a good individual team talk for a player who is complacent? Neymar is feeling like he can score before the ball even reaches him... he already hit the post with one one-on-one.

EDIT:
I've found 'No pressure' often works with a complacent player.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
quote arwelt
quote harbin91

EDIT:
I've found 'No pressure' often works with a complacent player.
Now you see that is not what I'd have thought.

Neymar for overall has been one of those that gets good match ratings but generally doesn't score or assist much.... which is why I'm considering dropping him for Wickham... as soon as he comes back from his 3 week injury... towards the end of April.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.