Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Home Dressing Room - page 26

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1757669-home-dressing-room/26.htm

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 9:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Home Dressing Room
-------------------------------------------

Expectation is only mid table too.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 2:04pm (PST)

Expected to get *bleep*ed out of this game but their shot was off target. Hart got man of the match, as Liverpool manager pissed off, as England manager over the moon... yet if my team put five past him I'd have dropped him in an instant

My team seemed to have had the same problem that Liverpool had against Stoke. Dominated, opposition turned up for a game of rugby, and we couldn't score.

DJ ones do you have him set as target man? What about his other settings (mentality, creative freedom, etc.) What about your inside forwards crossing settings? Run with ball settings? Not even I can get Cavani performing at that level, and as you all know Edinson Cavani greater than God... hell, he's even better than the Big Bang itself. What about the other settings (hold up ball, roaming from position, wide play)

What are the stats like for your inside forwards anyway?

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 5:05pm (PST)
quote harbin91
quote 11kgm
quote harbin91
Yes because I want them to make more supporting runs. Might notch their mentality back a bit though.
Maybe thats the problem push them back and then change them to wingbacks playing in the full back possie
Might have to do that. I just want them to be more specific on when they attack, but I don't want to lose that threat down the wing.

I think though it is because of the positioning. They're position is naturally to be in line with the DM which means that they're higher up the pitch than the line of defence so it provides an opening down the wings for players to attack. Even then, if the DM or the LWB would drop deeper in line with the CBs so they spread out more evenly they should atleast neutralise that, but then I want them forward enough to pick up lose balls that are poorly cleared in the opponents half.

I don't need them to be too deep though, with inside forwards I need some support down the wing. I also want to try and keep the triangles between players intact.

Would be nice if FM13 reintroduced wibwob.
Yeah maybe you can but then as wingback attack from the LB and RB possies

Author:   DJ ones
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:03am (PST)
harbin91 Liverpool_96 I'll upload the whole tactic this afternoon so you can both have a look round it yourselves, i've been working on it quite a while so the majority of the players have fairly extensive personal instructions. I first developed it at Barca so the Inside Forward positions are based on 2 players who can get up and beyond the Treq (Messi).

I originally used Villa on the left and Sanchez on the right then bought Neymar as Villa lost his pace.

With Sheffield United I have 2 regens who are primarily strikers and again have high finishing, composure, dribbling, pace etc.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 4:20am (PST)
quote DJ ones
harbin91 Liverpool_96 I'll upload the whole tactic this afternoon so you can both have a look round it yourselves, i've been working on it quite a while so the majority of the players have fairly extensive personal instructions. I first developed it at Barca so the Inside Forward positions are based on 2 players who can get up and beyond the Treq (Messi).

I originally used Villa on the left and Sanchez on the right then bought Neymar as Villa lost his pace.

With Sheffield United I have 2 regens who are primarily strikers and again have high finishing, composure, dribbling, pace etc.
Don't you get any issues with them shooting wide? Neymar and Suarez for me if they cut inside have a tendancy to mess up chances.

EDIT: Think Cavani is slipping. He missed a glorious one-on-one.

Won 2-0 against Anji away, but what an absolutely shite performance. Again, my team decides to bomb everyone forward on a counter (they're not meant to, STOP IGNORING MY TEAM INSTRUCTIONS), the amount of through balls I saw fly past my defence was shocking, the passing was shit, Cavani played a great cross with M'Vila and Wilshere both in the box (for some reason), all it took was a tap in from M'Vila, they both ignored it, Reina decided to hit it long at every moment. Created four CCCs, but let them have two, we didn't hold possession as well as I expected, key passes broke down when I expected them to work, and my team defended so narrow, at times it felt like I had two sweepers amd two CBs. Can't criticise them in the post-match team talk due to AvRs and demoralising the team, but that was just terrible. What happened to the team that dominated Man City in everything but scoreline?

If there is a reason I sit 2nd behind Celtic in the Champions League, that is it. I play them in the last group match, they better not *bleep* it up. I've qualified but I'll be pissed off if they go through in second.

Author:   kyleb1985
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 5:05am (PST)
Got a good game going at min but cant wait to get the Beta of FM13!

Am currently Gil Vicente 3 seasons in in the Liga Orangina (2nd League) after 2 seasons with Tamworth and 1 with Bangor City in Wales.

I am in need of a clinical forward as i feel i will struggle otherwise, anyone have any suggestions?

Author:   red man
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:27am (PST)

Anybody notice anything CRAZY about that? ^

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:32am (PST)
quote red man
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/nmgl20.png

Poor goal record in the league for United that season? Or the fact that he's a *bleep*ing giant yet has 17+ balance, agility, jumping and heading for a right midfielder? Or even the fact that England has won the World Cup

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:34am (PST)
quote harbin91
quote red man

Poor goal record in the league for United that season? Or the fact that he's a *bleep*ing giant yet has 17+ balance, agility, jumping and heading for a right midfielder? Or even the fact that England has won the World Cup
All of them plus his wages!

EDIT : Will there be an awards thingy for fm2012 like there was last year?

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51237/t1665612-football-manager-2011-forum-awards/#0

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 8:05am (PST)
quote red man
quote harbin91
quote red man

All of them plus his wages!

EDIT : Will there be an awards thingy for fm2012 like there was last year?

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/51237/t1665612-football-manager-2011-forum-awards/#0
Haha, was the thing I noticed first. How's your Porto save going btw?

Author:   kyleb1985
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:13am (PST)
£675k a week + £215K Apperence money! :/

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:27am (PST)
Liverpool_96 yeah it's good but I'm not playing it properly anymore! I got my staduim a 74000 seater named after me woop woop! so thats all I was playing for now I'm just messing about giving other teams in the league loads of money to see if anyone can challenge me.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:47am (PST)
Doubt I'll ever win the CL in FM12 before FM13 comes out. The only European competition I've not won (major competition). Not even sure I'll finish this season by then. Was hoping to atleast hit the 2020/21 season.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 12:38pm (PST)
quote red man
Liverpool_96 yeah it's good but I'm not playing it properly anymore! I got my staduim a 74000 seater named after me woop woop! so thats all I was playing for now I'm just messing about giving other teams in the league loads of money to see if anyone can challenge me.
fancy doing a little squad update for me in which you show your first 11? Want to compare your squad to mine. Can you also screenie your manager overview page?

Author:   Cowdenbeath rule
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
I need one last save on fm12, who shall I go guys?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.