Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Home Dressing Room - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1757669-home-dressing-room/15.htm

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Home Dressing Room
-------------------------------------------
Turns out Spurs actually want Gerrard as their manager. No chance of keeping him, since they've offered him a contract. Can't blame him TBH.

Due to prize money and TV revenue overall made a £119m profit this month. Be nice if the board used it to get rid of the £63m loan that's leeching off my bank balance.

Accepted a £13.5m bid from PSG for Kelly, should negotiations go well, he'll follow Johnson to Paris. Three senior CBs will be enough, and either Duffy or Beech will step into the space, they're both capable lads.

EDIT: Gerrard has joined Spurs as their new boss.

\/ Piss off or I'll find that Guest again to terrorise you

Author:   Ma_sk_i
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
harbin seems to be of the Rodgers philosophy of football, keep the ball longer than the opposition. YET FAIL TO WIN

Author:   xpronic
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 1:17pm (PST)
Revenge:

It tastes so sweet. That'll teach the nubs for sacking me.

quote Maski
harbin seems to be of the Rodgers philosophy of football, keep the ball longer than the opposition. YET FAIL TO WIN
LOL!

harbin91 very unlucky defeat to Real Madrid. I can't believe you've yet to win it. I would have rage quit and uninstalled the game by now lol. I domintaed Lyon in my CL final last season, yet only managed to win 1-0. Superman GK and defenders who decide they can all turn into Usain Bolt and clear certain goals off the line (GK got lobbed like 5 times >_>).

What are Gerrard's coaching stats like?

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 1:34pm (PST)
quote Maski
Don't make me find that guest to terrorise you again.

Alot of the time, I keep the ball longer than the opponents and win, then there are Spanish sides that manage to go Stoke City on me. Not to mention I used an imperfect version of my tactic.

quote xpronic
Decent but not brilliant. Main reason I made him a coach was because I felt inclined to. Like Carra, Bellamy, Kuyt, etc...

He's on more bloody money than me

City also want Neymar, and I'm seriously considering selling him to them. His ability to keep missing one-on-ones is second only to Suarez' Think I'll start to have a new front line from next season.

My hall of fame is broken. Apparently I've only won a major domestic cup and a league title.

EDIT: Doncaster Rovers have been taken over by a consortium.

Kelly has officially joined PSG for £13.5m.

Author:   Hogan
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 1:56pm (PST)
xpronic i'm pretty sure you spent your money over 48 months too, i'm in third season and still paying for alot of my players, some who have even since left, and i'm worried i'll go into financial meltdown, my team is *bleep*ing shite hot, and i expect to win the prem, fa cup, league cup and maybe champs league?

gunna get out high earners obi mikel and adebayor in jan as no longer needed and i have great regens coming through, most notably the gk, but here's screenshots.
third season by the way.

my squad can quite easily maintain the standard without additions now, so what ya reckon, next leeds?

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:03pm (PST)
Champions:

*bleep*ing Hernandez and Fierro wonder goals threatened to ruin it all early on. They snuffed out my creative force Ganso and injured him after only 30mins. With him gone, it was anyone's game to win lol. Pato put in a shocking performance (6.0) missing countless chances. With no alternative on bench to swap him out with (Neymar missed the whole shit through injury), I settled with his bullshit for the 115minutes he was on the pitch before he got injured lol.

quote harbin91
quote xpronic
Decent but not brilliant. Main reason I made him a coach was because I felt inclined to. Like Carra, Bellamy, Kuyt, etc...

He's on more bloody money than me
Hurr Durr 77k!

He has managed 2 teams on my save, Wolves & Fulham. Sacked from both jobs. He is a quality coach, but isn't ready for the step up to manager yet lol.

City also want Neymar, and I'm seriously considering selling him to them. His ability to keep missing one-on-ones is second only to Suarez' Think I'll start to have a new front line from next season.
Ask for £50m.

Hogan_fmf - You should be fine as long as you keep winning cups. The money you get from the EPL through sponsorships later on in the game is ridiculous. If the bank balance gets too low, our lovely chairman will just inject more money!
Liverpool is currently worth £782m and I have £378m in the bank lmao.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:09pm (PST)
Hogan_FMF do you not struggle to score with no out and out striker? I've been trying to utilise that false-9 role with mixed results.

quote xpronic
Ask for £50m.
They've been more worried about chasing young Dennis, offered £20m which was instantly rejected. His agent demanded a pay rise to £75k a week for him. Accepted because he'll be an awesome player for me, but wish agents wouldn't do that just because an offer was made for him.

30yr old Otamendi is apparently available for £11m... tempted.

Italy U21s got hammered by South Africa U21s 6-1, no hope for the Italians

Decided that whilst I'm tinkering with yet another version of my tactic, I'll rebuild the set pieces instructions. I would like more options regarding player positioning on them so for attacking corners, I can specifically place my defensive players properly. They defend too narrow and leave a gap in between the halfway line and the box that I want closed.

Gerrard's first transfer bid in charge of Spurs is for my CB Kyle Beech. Piss off.

This message was edited on 2012-09-16T14:29:29-07:00.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:22pm (PST)
[quote=harbin91|message:33541186]
Hogen_FMF do you not struggle to score with no out and out striker? I've been trying to utilise that false-9 role with mixed results.[quote] wot da phuck is a hogen.

and i only brought this tika taka back when i got beat by olympiakos 2-1, was *bleep*in ragin, so swerved the 3 at the back.

results;

still getting back into it, main creative force hazard has been out for months, wilshere's only just getting fit, and with robinson and kelly/flanagan now getting back in the fold, were not fully gelled. beating lyon home and away was amazing though, we was underdogs for both.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
quote harbin91
Decided that whilst I'm tinkering with yet another version of my tactic, I'll rebuild the set pieces instructions. I would like more options regarding player positioning on them so for attacking corners, I can specifically place my defensive players properly. They defend too narrow and leave a gap in between the halfway line and the box that I want closed.
Tweaking those set pieces makes all the difference. I rarely concede from them now, and in attack a few goals are scored from corners and free kicks if its not direct. I've also tweaked the throw ins, so that my advanced playmaker is more involved and defenders are better positioned in case we lose possession.

I changed my tactic for last season after toying with the 3 sweeper system the season before. It's not as attacking as the the 31231, but its much better defensively against the bigger sides and if the players are up for it, can easily destroy the best teams as Arsenal found out in the 6-0 FA Cup final drubbing lmao.

Tactic:

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:40pm (PST)
I said 'Hogan'

Just wondering what your team instructions are. When I play slow tempo, they end up passing the ball back to the keeper and having to boot it long.

quote xpronic
quote harbin91
Tweaking those set pieces makes all the difference. I rarely concede from them now, and in attack a few goals are scored from corners and free kicks if its not direct. I've also tweaked the throw ins, so that my advanced playmaker is more involved and defenders are better positioned in case we lose possession.

I changed my tactic for last season after toying with the 3 sweeper system the season before. It's not as attacking as the the 31231, but its much better defensively against the bigger sides and if the players are up for it, can easily destroy the best teams as Arsenal found out in the 6-0 FA Cup final drubbing lmao.

Tactic:

-- --

I did score 19 goals from corners, seven more than City in second. Alot of the goals seem to come from corners at times, mainly because players just seem shit in the air, despite marking players smaller than them.

Don't care about all the criticism of a corner tactic, it gets me wins that I deserve at times, and when you have Cavani, who isn't gonna exploit it with him. Free kicks I play short, unless it's near the box then I'd expect them to shoot. I do the same with throw ins, chuck it short... or atleast I expect them to, sometimes the game positions players wrong when they shouldn't, like sending my CB forward for some reason.

Bizarre shape on that tactic though. I've found that I can hammer Arsenal 5-0 then not win the next match.

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:48pm (PST)
Starting a save as Liverpool, downloading a tactic off of FM-base or something though as I cba making a few more tactics, no point when the next FM is out soon.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:49pm (PST)
fluid control

pass shorter, CF default, closing down more, tackling default, marking zonal, drill crosses, default roam.

def line highest push up, width normal, tempo one below lowest, time wasting never, focus through middle, counter attack yes, play offside yes.

team inst, keep possesion pass to feet play out of defence look for overlap push higher up exploit middle hassle opponents.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 3:05pm (PST)
Thanks for that, hopefully my players will just start pass-pass-pass movement now. Just hope they don't allow themselves to get closed down. We did set a benchmark with 22210 completed passes over the course of the season. Hope we can top that. Yann M'Vila being the pass master, with 89% of his attempted 2,314 hitting the target.

Amazingly, we've only scored 3 goals from direct free kicks. Got joint first with 13 goals from IFKs though.

Will be hoping to build it during pre-season since I'll be taking control of the friendly matches. I know it ain't a realistic benchmark but its some analysis. Gave Beech a new contract to deter more interest from Gerrard. Will look to clear out some reserves aswell.

This message was edited on 2012-09-16T15:25:47-07:00.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 3:25pm (PST)
quote harbin91
Thanks for that, hopefully my players will just start pass-pass-pass movement now. Just hope they don't allow themselves to get closed down. We did set a benchmark with 22210 completed passes over the course of the season. Hope we can top that. Yann M'Vila being the pass master, with 89% of his attempted 2,314 hitting the target.
How do you check for those stats?

Amazingly, we've only scored 3 goals from direct free kicks. Got joint first with 13 goals from IFKs though.
Don't you have anyone with free kick over 15?

Author:   Severance
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 3:30pm (PST)
Just loaded up my Liverpool game again after about a month and a half of not playing. In my 10th season and won the Premier League, Champions League, Community Shield and FA Cup last season and already beaten United on penalties in the Community Shield this season. Most recent signing is this guy, who arrived this summer on a free from Valencia 

Also, 2nd game of the season; sit down Chelsea! Felt a bit sorry for their manager though, only because it's Markus Babbel. About to play Dortmund in the Super Cup and drawn Atletico Madrid, FC Kobenhavn and AEK Athens in the CL, should be easy qualification.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.