Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/7.htm

Author:   wakie
Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 11:12am (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
Yeah fair enough, that's usually how I play as well to be honest, hence Wilshere last summer. But I have bought a lot of youngsters and they are gelling in already, much quicker than I thought.

I love a long game, even when you pretty much win everything. England is always a real challenge I find. How many trophies have you won? presumably pretty much the lot almost every season! And do you play Suarez and Neymar up front together or just 1 up front?

As for the end of this season, I'm slightly torn really as to what to do from a signing point of view. The whole team seems good and I only want to offload Cole and Carroll, but they never feature at the moment so are not losses at all.

I'm not short of wingers, that's for sure, I have a tonne of good youngsters there (Sterling, Dixon, Vadillo) as well as Downing, Hendo and Cole. Also have enough depth in central/attaching midfield, signing hargreaves up for another season and Gerrard and Lucas as well as Henderson cover. Then Wilshere and Suso.

Up front I'm probably weakest, but I only play one striker (Suarez) with Saviola coming in from time to time, so is it worth buying an awesome player like Neymar here? I would LOVE Neymar but I feel that might be heart over head!

Then in defence I have Enrique, Agger, Coates and Johnson with good enough back up in Robinson, Muniesta, Carra and Kelly (and flanaghan).

I genuinely look at the squad and think I don't need to spend any money! Maybe a CB for the future, maybe a striker... my shortlist for the summer is basically Ramsey, Neymar and Hamsik but don't know which to plump for, if any.

This message was edited on 2012-02-22T05:54:58-08:00.

Author:   carlpeterdawson
Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 3:49pm (PST)
I am trying to use youth players more. Likes of Coady, Suso, Sterling and Spearing and make one big signing each season.

1st season
(11/12) i finished 3rd with no trophies.

in:- Afellay LOAN. Rochina £8M. Emre Can £6M. J. Dos Santos SHORT LOAN. A. Morata SHORT LOAN.
TOTAL: £15M

out:-Hansen FREE. Silva LOAN. Maxi £4.9M. B. Jones LOAN FEE + £180K. F. Aurelio £2.2M. McGiveron FREE. A. Wisdom LOAN. K. Adorjan LOAN.
TOTAL: £7.25M

TOP SCORER: Suarez 20 GOALS in 35 GAMES.

HIGHEST AVG RATING: Suarez 7.57 (36 APS)

======================================================================

2nd season
(12/13) i finished 1st.
Winning Champs League (R.Madrid)
Carling Cup (Wolves)
Defeat in FA Cup (Man City)

in:-Areola (£8.5M), Muniain (£20M), Bueno (AUTOMATIC), D. Costa (£17.5M), K. Gibbs (32.5M)<<<<< is £3.25M
TOTAL: £51M

out:-Carroll (£8.75M), Gulacsi (£725K), Cole (£3.8M), Doni (£1.8M)
Kohlert, Amoo, Mendy, Robers, Walsh, Stepehens FREE. Kuyt (£5M), Bijev (£450K), Peterson LOAN, Jones (£1.4M). Makepeace, Suso, Silva, Ward, Wisdom LOAN.
TOTAL: £22M

TOP SCORER: Muniain 22 goals in 36 games

HIGHEST AVG RATING: Suarez 7.30 (48 APS)

Now into 3rd season and bought Cavani.

This message was edited on 2012-02-22T11:11:45-08:00.

Author:   chidley
Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 4:04pm (PST)
I played them up front together they played brilliant for like 4 seasons but now that suarez has lost his pace I play him behind neymar and hes getting way less goals but alot of assists.

Also Suarez for last 2 seasons has be getting big injuries hes had 2 3-5 month injurys in last 2 seasons. Neymar just got injured for 3 months this season I might actually not win the league this year. Ive won it every year since 2015 and have only managed to lose it once in 2014 to Man Utd. But this Man Utd and Man City are only like 3 points beyhind me half way thru the season where im usually destroying. Last season I got 101 pts and 135 goals, wasnt even my best season as I managed to go undefeated in 1 season.

Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 4:55pm (PST)
quote carlpeterdawson
Now into 3rd season and bought Cavani.
How much did you pay for Cavani? What formation do you play at the moment, he is supposed to be a beast alongside Suarez.

Sounds like you're doing really well though! How come you bought Gibbs though with Enrique and Robinson?!

quote chidley
Also Suarez for last 2 seasons has be getting big injuries hes had 2 3-5 month injurys in last 2 seasons. Neymar just got injured for 3 months this season I might actually not win the league this year. Ive won it every year since 2015 and have only managed to lose it once in 2014 to Man Utd. But this Man Utd and Man City are only like 3 points beyhind me half way thru the season where im usually destroying. Last season I got 101 pts and 135 goals, wasnt even my best season as I managed to go undefeated in 1 season.
Sounds like things are getting pretty tight for you Chidley - Must be pretty nice to have a challenge after so many good championship wins though!

Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 7:07pm (PST)
How much did you pay for Cavani? What formation do you play at the moment, he is supposed to be a beast alongside Suarez.
£35M - going to £43M. (I have another game and i am at 2020 and he is amazing there so yep he can be a beast)

Striker is alone with AM behind. Striker is mainly played as poached but maybe TM at times.

I have 3 in MID with the MC right of CENTER. DM Centered and straight back 4.

Sounds like you're doing really well though! How come you bought Gibbs though with Enrique and Robinson?!
Robinson and Enrique got injured out for 3/4 months. Wilson wasnt comfortable and Carragher thinks he Alonso in that position.

Date:   Feb 22, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
quote wakie
Sounds like things are getting pretty tight for you Chidley - Must be pretty nice to have a challenge after so many good championship wins though!
Yup i agree I kinda like that im being challenged this season in the league Im always challenged in the Cups even tho i won Champions Leauge 6 years straight but lost in 2020 to Man Utd in Semis, but then won the next season. I am the greatest manager ever in the game now in the Hall of Fame. Considering Liverpool has something like 27 League Titles, 12 Champions League, 10 League Cups and 11 Fa cups. Im prolly gonna resign in 1-3 seasons and just try and win a Trophy for england and then end the save.

Date:   Feb 23, 12 at 5:00pm (PST)
@ carlpeterdawson

fair enough, are you going to sell enrique then when he get's back from injury?

@ chidley

seems a pretty decent plan, you'll need to win back the title if it does go somewhere else before quitting! How's the season going?

I've been bring this young winger, Dixon, through this season and he really is dynamite. Even prefers being up front, but on the wing he is ridiculous enough! Think he will probably replace Downing next season permanently to be honest, I might well flog Downing.

And for those interested in most of my season so far - losing the cup final to Everton was absolutely gutting, but the win over Milan (just) was really satisfying!;

Date:   Feb 23, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)
Were still right in there Man Utd are top 1 point ahead of us but we ave 2 games in hand, we lost to chelsea in the FA Cup 3rd round, went down 3-0 and got 2 back with 2 minutes to remain but couldnt get the 3rd, lost 2-3 in first away leg of carling semi-final to swansea.

With Neymar out we are really struggling, luis suarez is 34 now and is declining so I cant rely on him anymore so I have to rely on these regen strikers who arent consistent enough, still think well win the league but yea were definitely not walking the league this year.

Author:   Gilbert the Legend
Date:   Feb 23, 12 at 9:20pm (PST)
Wasnt confident for this game as Barcelona have beat me everytime i have played them.

Should manage to win this tie in the second leg.

Date:   Feb 24, 12 at 1:30am (PST)
quote wakie
fair enough, are you going to sell enrique then when he get's back from injury?
No intention. He is great player and one that i would not sell unless got really crazy money but then who would you get to replace?

Gibbs, Robbo and jose is good depth for the LB pos. Not want players to be moaning they want games. Up to now they havent.

Date:   Feb 24, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
quote carlpeterdawson
No intention. He is great player and one that i would not sell unless got really crazy money but then who would you get to replace?

Gibbs, Robbo and jose is good depth for the LB pos. Not want players to be moaning they want games. Up to now they havent.
I can't get him to play particularly well for me to be honest with you, Averages around 7 per season at left back - weird.

Followed beating Milan in the Champs league with getting knocked out by Zenit in the quarters! 3-1 on agg after a 0-0 at Anfield... awful. We didn't even feature in that second leg, we were hammered. We should have been 2 up after the first leg though, really annoying.

Managed to win the Prem, just in front of Man U and also managed to beat Arsenal 1-0 in the FA Cup final, very cagey affair, but a good win nonetheless, thanks to Henderson. So did the domestic double which was great, need to challenge a bit more in Europe next season though, that's for sure.

Best players - Suarez top scored with 23 prem goals, 30 overall, great stuff from him - he was epic in the second half of the season. Wilshere top assists with 23 overall and he chipped in with about 10 goals too, great signing he was, he brings everything together nicely. Coates was my best performer, avrg over 7.60 and scored about 20 goals - Good backbone of players!

Transfers 2nd season;
Out
Carroll (£5m - Spurs)
Downing (£7.5m - West Ham)
Cole (£1.5m - West Ham)
A few on free and then trying to offload Suso and Aquilani at the moment and Vadillo on loan.

In;
Oxlade-Chamberlain (£8m)
Regen from Spain RW/STR (£9m)
Hamsik (£17m)

Oxlade-Chamberlain is in to replace Downing really - Downing played ok but with Dixon coming through, I don't feel I really need him - He's on a big wage to be sat on the bench most of the time and isn't the youngest (about to turn 29 anyway).

Line-up next season will look something like;

GK - Reina
DL - Enrique/Robinson (Robinson is better than Enrique now I think)
DR - Johnson
DC - Coates
DC - Agger
MC - Lucas
MC - Gerrard/Hamsik
AML - Dixon/Chamberlain/Sterling
AMR - Henderson/Chamberlain/Sterling
AMC - Wilshere/Gerrard
FC - Suarez

Bench - Branescu, Muniesta, Kelly, Hargreaves, Sterling, Chamberlain, Saviola

Question is - I still have about £50m to spend, do I try and get in Neymar as well? Could just about manage that... either that or I try and sign a defender maybe.

This message was edited on 2012-02-24T04:20:37-08:00.

Date:   Feb 25, 12 at 1:37am (PST)
Think Enrique is alot better than he is portrayed in the game. I had 7.14 & 7.22 in his overall avg rating of a season

Author:   ant1206
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
Just started a Liverpool game, inspired me after our great triumph in the Carling Cup! ;-)
Only signing English players as I feel foreign players wrecks the atmosphere of the club.

Out:
Kuyt - 10m
Skrtel - 13m
They were my senior sales... And as top earners at the club, freed up a load of funds, so I took them over to my transfers...
In:
Shawcross - 13m
Adam Johnson - 18m
Huddlestone - 15m
Butland - loan

Author:   Severance
Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 2:54am (PST)
Started up another Liverpool game, taking a little break from Montrose and chose this over a Porto save.

Brought in an entirely new backroom, let a lot of youth go out on loan, including Robinson and Flanagan. Also sold Brad Jones form £1million to Valencia. In I've signed Taras Stepanenko from Shakhtar, a loan fee of £750'000 and an option to buy for £3million if the loan's successful. Had him in my Euro 2016 squad with Ukraine and he seems like a brilliant 2nd choice for Lucas. Also brought in Scott McFadden as a backup for Downing, seeing as Afellay rejected me for Atletico Madrid and Giorgios Samaras on loan to play as backup for Carroll, although fingers crossed I won't have to use him.

Author:   RAT_Dave
Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 4:45pm (PST)
So boys...this is harder than I thought.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.