Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/3.htm

Author:   Matt_Mk1-Golf
Date:   Feb 04, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
Thanks for quick response bro.
Defoe is on fire for Spurs atm with 10 goals in 8(8) Games. Just netted 5 against QPR.. So i doubt they will let him go cheaply.
Ill have a look at Sow. Thanks.

x

EDIT: Just noticed Liverpool have that Marco Bueno joining for £2m. So I think ill try get a 1st choice right winger in.

Author:   Gilbert the Legend
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 12:14am (PST)
Im in my third season with Liverpool now and have won the title in both previous seasons. This is my team but i am trying to strengthen it.

I have scrolled down so you can see the rest of my team. Im trying to sign Jack Wilshere, have had an offer for £20 mil accepted but he wont sign a contract as he has just accepted a new one for Arsenal so will just keep trying. I am also trying to sign Gotze but dont think i wil stand a chance, I need some new defenders though. Got the young Liverpool lads coming through (Flanagan, Kelly, Robinson) but dont know if they will be good enough right now.

This was also Cavani's Stats last season.

He is some player

Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 7:46am (PST)
Nice team, Gilbert.
How does Suarez perform in the AMC Position ?
Also, how is Sterling coming on for you ?
Cav has been epic for you.

Just finished my 1st season and came 4th, not brilliant but at least its European football next season.

Managed to sign Saviola on a free and Van Persie for £9.5m as he was listed by request.

Trying to offload Jones, Skrtel, Aquilani and Cole.

Thinking of snapping up Barton from recently relegated QPR as a back up to Lucas..

Sold Johnson in the January window to Spurs for £13.75m as he was underperforming and getting sent off a few times. Kelly has been superb in his place though.

F.C Twente in Champions Cup Playoff.
Give an update around December time.

x

Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 3:39pm (PST)
quote Matt_Mk1-Golf
Nice team, Gilbert
Thanks mate, Suarez plays ok only got 12 goals last season but was injured for 6 months but did finish with 7.39 ave rating I usually rotate him and Neymar with the striker position. Only just brought Sterling into my first team so still trying to get his stats up which tbh seem pretty crap but i have heard he gets good.

You will really struggle to sell Cole and Aqui just because of what they are asking for wages so let me know if you do, i managed to sell Cole to Birmingham for £1mil but still pay 11k wages a week till his contract ends this season.

Im trying to sell Johnson and Enrique myself but dont want to lose out on money.

Author:   chidley
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 3:50pm (PST)
Robinson becomes best england left back so use him, also coates turns into a beast id use him over Carragher and Skrtle is decent in this game too, i wouldnt buy a young left back tho if u sell enrique cause Like i said robinson turns into the #1 england leftback. Kelly does a good job at RB, flangan id sell tho but hes good for backup to LB/RB id also sell danny wilson as he doesnt progress at all and isnt that good. This could be ur backline for quite awhile

Robinson-Agger-Coates-Kelly and it would do quite good, only weak part there imo is Kelly maybe look to try and get kyle walker as tottenham usualy dont play him in this game.

Date:   Feb 06, 12 at 5:37am (PST)
So, currently in January now.
Got a bid of £12.2m on Ashley Young and a £7m bid on Carlos Tevez, both of which have been accepted. Just waiting to offer contracts now.
Need to invest heavily I think, just got smashed 4-0 by Arsenal.

Breezed passed FC Twente and got drawn in a group with Barcelona, Juventus and Basel. Probably the hardest group this season.
Nevertheless we qualified for the next round via 2nd place and got drawn with Real Madrid .

I can not get my team score for the life of me.
Robin van Persie: 19(2) Scored:2
Suarez: 23(3) Scored 10
Andy Carrol: 10(5) Scored: 2
Saviola: 5(6) Scored 1
Any advice ?
Also, if Tevez agrees to come, I will be trying to offload Saviola..

Comes to something when Suso has my highest goal to game ratio with 6 in 8.

Still no luck in getting rid of Cole, Aqui and co..
Just offered them out again along with Bellamy and Jones.

I agree with chidley, Robinson is amazing at left back, Man city, Madrid, Milan are all after him. And Coates is epic, he won my fans player of the season 1st season!

Author:   chidley
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 3:06am (PST)
Gl with Tevez, asshole asks for ridiculous money ur prolly gonna have to give him lots of bonuses to reduce his wage. Also I hate Tom HUddleston i tried to sign him in 2020 as a backup for my midfield hes on 56k at man city and not playing for them and I can buy him for 300k at 33 is a good backup but the asshole wants 80k!! are u kidding me? ur on 56k and not playing and im giving u a chance to join the current best team in the world, wat a dick.

Author:   dlwaite1
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
I am just about to start my second season now with Liverpool...

First Season:
Bought:
Anthony Vanden Borre, Jelle Vossen, Aaron Lennon, Roman Pavlyuchenko (absolutely brilliant signing), Seydou Doumbia and Tom Cairney

Sold:
Stewart Downing, Brad Jones, Fabio Aurelio, Martin Skrtel, Jay Spearing, Suso, Danny Wilson, Jonjo Shelvey, John Flanagan and Vanden Borre (at the end of the first season)

I then went on to win the league by 9 points over Man Utd. I was knocked out of the League cup by my bogey team Bolton and then I was knocked out the FA Cup by Coventry whilst giving my youth a run out... I had the top goalscorer in Doumbia and I also had the third/fourth top goalscorer in Pavlyuchenko.

Second Season:
I am just about to start my second season now, been handed the Great Britain post so I am aiming to guide them to the Gold Medal!!

Bought:
Tom Huddlestone, Lionel Pelletier, Giovani Dos Santos, Ezequil Munoz, Luis Guilherme, Leandro Damiao, Angel Di Maria (transfer listed, only 9 mill), Christian Fuchs, Mehmet Ekici, Yaya Sonogo and Marco Antonio Bueno

Sold:
Charlie Adam, Doni, Andre Wisdom, Joe Cole, Alberto Aquilani, Glen Johnson, Peter Gulacsi, Andy Carroll, Jose Enrique, Jelle Vossen, Craig Bellamy, Maxi Rodriguez and Dirk Kuyt.

I still am sat on 33.5mill transfer budget so might look at trying to sign Ganso from Man City and I am also looking for a RB as I only have Martin Kelly and then Carragher for back-up...

Tactic:
I have three tactics loaded up but as far I only play one, 4-2-2-2 with two centre mids, two wingers and two strikers.

This is the team I usually play -

Reina
Kelly/Carragher - Agger - Coates - Fuchs
Lucas/Huddlestone - Gerrard,
Lennon,------------------------------Di Maria/Suarez
Doumbia - Damiao

Bench: Carragher/Munoz/Kelly, Dos Santos, Mehmet, Crainey/Henderson, Huddlestone/Lucas, Di Maria/Suares, Pavlyuchenko

I understand many people will be baffled by some of my signings or sellings but I always go about things a little different and I like to mix things up and try out different people. I have only ever done one previous game with Liverpool on this game and in that game I did keep a lot of my youngsters and use them but on this game I wanted to try something different by selling most of the first team and youngsters and bringing in some of my own youngsters and just try something different. I also love Suarez on the left wing... plays so much better for me there than he does upfront.

I also signed Huddlestone because my brother bought him on his game first season for 5.25mill after selling Lucas (something which I cant do because he is a machine) and then sold him second season for over 17mill. So I am hoping for a nice profit from him eventually.

I also believe that Tom Crainey is a brilliant signing from Hull. A very good youngster whom last season ended with a better overall rating than the likes of Gerrard and Lucas. I think I ended up playing him and Lucas in the midfield at times because Gerrard was not performing as I expected. Only problem is is that he is prone to losing the ball, he has some excellent moments but at times I have found myself shouting at the computer screen as he has lost another ball. However I have put it down to his youth and hope he doesnt do it as often this season.

Author:   Taggz
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 2:30pm (PST)
quote Gilbert the Legend
Got the young Liverpool lads coming through (Flanagan, Kelly, Robinson) but dont know if they will be good enough right now.
Yo! where the hell is sterling?!

Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 5:35pm (PST)
quote Taggz
quote Gilbert the Legend
Got the young Liverpool lads coming through (Flanagan, Kelly, Robinson) but dont know if they will be good enough right now.
Yo! where the hell is sterling?!
I was talking about my defence here just so yano, Sterling is still definatly in there lol. Has anyone got any future screen shots of Sterling to see how good he actually gets his stats are really really low on mine right now.

Author:   Taggz
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 6:01pm (PST)
quote Gilbert the Legend
I was talking about my defence here just so yano, Sterling is still definatly in there lol. Has anyone got any future screen shots of Sterling to see how good he actually gets his stats are really really low on mine right now
Thats ok then ha

Im not sure if he always turns out great tbh man, might just be average at best in your save. Iv seen him end up at Madrid before and his stats werent all that high but he was one of their top players. So hopefully he will turn out good for you.

Author:   Severance
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 6:07pm (PST)
You've got to remember that pace means so much in this game, saw him go from Liverpool to City and then to Chelsea, always a star player and a bloody nuisance. Was using him in the 4th season and he was doing well, scored past Inter Milan in a 2-1 win 

Author:   Benjamino
Date:   Feb 07, 12 at 8:35pm (PST)
Good lord we miss so many chances. Suarez is a bastard for rolling it just past the post.

Author:   dlwaite1
Date:   Feb 08, 12 at 1:42pm (PST)
First game of second season and just beat Man Utd 4-0 I feel this could be a good year!!!

Date:   Feb 09, 12 at 12:32pm (PST)
The Neymar show:

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.