Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 25

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/25.htm

Author:   berglufc
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 2:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
Will play this along side my Juventus game

will only be signing 2 players (probs a strikers and a defender)

As im a narrow manager i dont realy like playing wide so may try and use a 4-1-3-1-1 with a DM and 3 CMS. But if nothing works during pre season i will change to 2 wingers ( suarez & sterling / borini )

Author:   kingy221
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:54am (PST)
i just beat man utd 5-4 kuyt scored 4 and bellamy got the other
then i went on to beat newcastle 4-0 with kuyt getting another 2 so hes 6 goals in 2 games and am currently top after 10 games

Author:   berglufc
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:23am (PST)
quote kingy221
then i went on to beat newcastle 4-0 with kuyt getting another 2 so hes 6 goals in 2 games and am currently top after 10 games
you not playing on the latest update ?

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 5:01am (PST)
quote berglufc
quote kingy221
you not playing on the latest update ?
nope no point fm13 is out next month if am correct

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 6:14am (PST)
quote kingy221
quote harbin91
Hi Kingy221 shame the HDR and the LFC discussion threads are deader than Aggers medial ligament.
i know bud aint played in ages but might still play as liverpool till fm13 comes out though. hows it goin anyways bud
Not bad. Most of my updates have been in the HDR due to lack of activity.

Dominating domestically like I've never done before on an FM. Had two seasons where I went unbeaten in the league, hitting the 100pts mark on the last one of them, with a record of 31-7-0.

Cavani has been sheer class for me, he's been the best player I've ever had on any FM, even beating my FM10 Rovers team. Not even the awesome Crouch and Bellamy partnership I had on FM07 comes close to him. His height and his goal return has been that good. Best £30m I've ever spent on a striker.

On a more somber note:

That is my CL history. The one major competition I would happily throw a league title for, and I just can't *bleep*ing win the bastard. 2017 I actually managed to beat the Barcelona *bleep* (just, clinged on in the second league to win on away goals), only for Madrid to get me in the final.

Other than that, can't get my tiki-taka perfected. Hold possession well but maybe due to the match engine, can't get the passing going. Struggle to hit 400 passes a game at times, yet the squad is stronger than Barcas... not hugely bothered about M'Vila hitting 100 passes a game yet, just want my team to pass the ball more.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 8:34am (PST)
what skin is that harbin91

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 12:10pm (PST)
quote kingy221
what skin is that harbin91
The Silence

The progress panel is a Blyth Spartans one... can be changed but I forgot how. Can't really find any decent skins since FM09 when Three and Four existed. Really want to do my own. Alot of them feel too heavy or are just plain awful... like this one.

Author:   JimmerDawg
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 2:19pm (PST)
Premier League is clos on my first season Suarez has been a beast so far 37 in 40

Author:   DragonAndLance
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 9:16pm (PST)
Has anyone played Suarez on the wings? I can't seem to get him performing there ._.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
quote DragonAndLance
Has anyone played Suarez on the wings? I can't seem to get him performing there ._.
First season I played him up front alternating with Kuyt, before using Kuyt up front and placing Suarez on the right. He is a good inside forward albeit he tends to mess up a few one on one chances and has an average goal return.

When you can get a better replacement for the right when, then I played him on the left as an inside forward to favour his stronger right foot. Does better there but still somewhat incosistent on his goal return.

Author:   JimmerDawg
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 6:43am (PST)
quote DragonAndLance
I played him up front on mine as a trequartista, and he scored over 40 in all comps try him there?

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 11:25am (PST)
quote JimmerDawg
quote DragonAndLance
I played him up front on mine as a trequartista, and he scored over 40 in all comps try him there?
Did you have wingers either side of him?

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 11:50am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote JimmerDawg
quote DragonAndLance
I would imagine so, either that or a true 4-3-3. A trequartista isn't exactly designed to play all up on his lonesome with no one else near him.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
quote harbin91
quote Liverpool_96
quote JimmerDawg
quote DragonAndLance
I would imagine so, either that or a true 4-3-3. A trequartista isn't exactly designed to play all up on his lonesome with no one else near him.
So he doesn't have a striker so to speak? Like a number 9?

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 12:27pm (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
quote harbin91
quote Liverpool_96
quote JimmerDawg
quote DragonAndLance
So he doesn't have a striker so to speak? Like a number 9?
Depends on how he is deployed. I'd class the trequartista up in a lone STC position as a false-9 depending on how he is deployed. That's not to say he won't bag goals but unless otherwise specified, the game puts him as the default playmaker. Trequartistas work best when there is someone else to play in, be that inside forwards or strike partners.

Hit WBA 5-1. My young strikeforce grabbing the headlines.

This message was edited on 2012-09-30T13:11:28-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.