Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 19

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/19.htm

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
quote 11seasno11
I also find this incredibly annoying, even when the player hasn't scored before, they go for it, get in a perfect position, yet somehow miss, my midfielders are awful for it, particularly Chamberlain and Lucas, I ususally end up with 60/70% but still somehow only end up scoring once, or in some cases loosing considerably...

Mainly Suarez who seems to keep hitting the post like he does IRL. Happens with all my strikers though.

quote xpronic
quote Saul
Final Positions 1st Season:
*img
*img
So close in the league, but at least you won the two domestic cups!

quote harbin91
New season has come along. Neymar was travelling with the Brazil squad so he was unable to start against Spurs, meaning Wickham gets his first start of his Liverpool career. In the end finished a 3-0 win to my team, getting revenge for them beating me in the FA Cup Final. Cavani also started with his first hattrick of the season. But look what happens:

Bring on Kelly as a sub, after 70 minutes since Hummels had a yellow, and Wickham gets injured for 5 weeks

Atleast I could make a sub, but still... He did get an assist though.
Happens all too often. Random long term injuries. :<

I think we just need a bit more intelligence when pressing, since they did get a few chances, and I would like a few more chances from my team and a bit more possession, but all in all happy with that performance. My team only attempted 324 passes though, M'Vila only made 48. I want them to constantly move the ball... not do that thing where the full back stops and keeps doing 360s.
Do you have a playmaker type player in your midfield? I find having 2 midfielders with short simple passing and a creative central midfielder with dictates tempo and tries killer balls often ppm helps me create more clear cut chances.
I have two. M'Vila as a DLP in a CM position who really should be the only one to play longish balls (don't mind long balls in general but only when my team has a certain chance of actually receiving the ball), and Wilshere as an AP in a CM position.

Annoying thing there, is when I have a throw in close to the byline, they throw it short (like they always should) but then they'll just stand outside the box waiting to get tackled. My team usually have no problem creating chances (although not alot of clear cut chances in that), but I often find they waste alot. Ideally I want my AP to get around 10 goals, and a shit load of assists from my midfield and wingbacks with my striker, and wing forwards to get atleast 20 goals and a few assists in the league. Just doesn't happen though.

Author:   xpronic
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 4:52pm (PST)
What do you have time wasting set to? If its already set to rarely, maybe untick hold up ball if you have it set for your central midfielders.

Author:   Hogan
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 6:33pm (PST)

liverpool team going into first game of season, preferred starting lineup when all fit.

transfers

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 28, 12 at 11:45pm (PST)
quote xpronic
What do you have time wasting set to? If its already set to rarely, maybe untick hold up ball if you have it set for your central midfielders.
Time wasting is low because. Only Lucas (DM) and M'Vila (MCL) are the ones to have hold up ball ticked, mainly because I want M'Vila to play as Xavi and Xabi Alonso in one... tons of passes if playing short, whilst crossing it out wide to the wide players from time to time.

I tried hold ball up with my forward three two seasons ago, to try and get them to wait for support and use it but that didn't work because not one would make a move into the box

Author:   11seasno11
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 3:18am (PST)
My team tactics (what I usually play)

My former tactics in the 2013-2014 season

quote xpronic
From the screenshots, it looks like you just lack the extra bit of fire power to push on and win the title. Either you need better attackers or you're just playing too cautiously.
Fire power is fine at the beginning of the season, but as the season goes on, goals become sparse, as in my current season both Hazard and Suarez have almost 20 goals each, but it's most likely to stay around 20 for the rest of the season.

Author:   Saul
Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 3:54am (PST)
Why couldn't I do this when I played them last season?

Community Shield:

Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 10:16am (PST)
WILLIAN!

quote 11seasno11
My team tactics (what I usually play)

My former tactics in the 2013-2014 season

quote xpronic
From the screenshots, it looks like you just lack the extra bit of fire power to push on and win the title. Either you need better attackers or you're just playing too cautiously.
Fire power is fine at the beginning of the season, but as the season goes on, goals become sparse, as in my current season both Hazard and Suarez have almost 20 goals each, but it's most likely to stay around 20 for the rest of the season.
I usually can't stop scoring until the league is mathematically won, then its like the game flips a switch and my strikers and defenders turn to derps who can't score or defend. I guess you could say they have nothing to play for, but I want to score more damn it lol!

Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 10:17am (PST)
Just got inducted into the Hall of Fame after winning the Champs League back to back....but yet I still can't win the prem, came 2nd by a point to Arsenal, not pleased at all...

Author:   berglufc
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 10:43am (PST)
Seems like a active forum, so thinking about giving it ago! Realy struggling to get into a game and getting frustrated so gonna crack down with this.

Gonna make my own tactic and try and condem it so i can use it all the time and players get used to it. Friendlies will put that together

hoping for a top 4 finish in the 1st season and get the club back into Europe and then push on from there.

How much did everyone get M'vila for?

Author:   pippool
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
Hows everybody gettting on with Liverpool. Have just finished my 3rd season and have won the leauge for the first time and also the champions league. Have just started the next season and benzima is on fire. 8 goals in four games not bad for a new signing. but of course has now got injuried and will be out for 3 months!! dont you hate when this happens

Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 6:11am (PST)
quote pippool
Hows everybody gettting on with Liverpool. Have just finished my 3rd season and have won the leauge for the first time and also the champions league. Have just started the next season and benzima is on fire. 8 goals in four games not bad for a new signing. but of course has now got injuried and will be out for 3 months!! dont you hate when this happens
This is why you obtain sufficent back up to a striker on form Javier Pastore seems to keep getting injured for lengthy periods for me, but with sufficent back up like Wilshire and Lucas Mora there is barely any worry what soever.
So far I've won, 2 League Cups, 1 FA Cup, 2 Community Sheilds, 1 Europa League, 2 Euro Super Cups, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 Club World Championship, 3rd in the 2012 Olympics, and I'm now currently managing Liverpool and England.

quote berglufc
As no-one has responded yet, I might aswell put my hands up and say I'm probably the only one who didn't buy M'vila, personally I'd buy Alan Dzagoev

Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 9:20am (PST)
quote pippool
Gz on league and champions league wins, bad luck with the injury to Benzima. :<

I'm back on my old Liverpool save (2018/19) after the game decided it was going to ninja assassin all my strikers with long term injuries. Cavani 5 months, Willian 6 months, Sanogo 6 months. NOPE! >_>

quote berglufc
£30m second season.

Author:   pippool
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
xpronic thats unlucky with all them injuries.
i do have cavani and tevez and fierro so my strike force isnt too bad but hate when the inform stricker gets injuried.

Author:   Severance
Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 4:19am (PST)

Liverpool FC
2019/20

Transfers

We broke the British transfer record with the signing of Bieler. Corral came in to replace Vrsaljko while Acuna replaced Coates as our towering defender at 6'8. The rest were just youngsters to boost our poor numbers.

Community Shield

First bit of silverware of the season against our biggest challenge of the season. Very happy to get one over them early on.

Carling Cup

Scraped our way to the Quarter Finals but came up short against Arsenal. A shame we couldn't defend the trophy which eventually ended up going to United.

FA Cup

Defended this one well. After beating United in the Semi Final it was always going back to Anfield.

UEFA Champions League

Having got to the final last year only to lose to United (their first trophy since the Community Shield in 2011) I was more determined than ever. Instead we were handed the easy group of all time, only to *bleep* it all up against Schalke. 3 years without ol' big ears then, very annoying.

Premier League

Completely dominated, scoring goals for fun. Shouldn't really have lost to QPR or Fulham early on, our only blemishes on an otherwise perfect season.

Like I said, scoring goals for fun. Would've been ridiculous if we didn't win the league, but Norwich, West Brom and Tottenham all done us favours against Arsenal. In your face Mancini!

A team of awesomeness, but our standout players were definitely Abdalas, Damiani and Iturri. Iturri won English Footballer of the Year or something, Damiani finished as the 2nd top goalscorer in the league. Iturri also finished as runner-up in the Ballor d'Or. A god and well worth the £34million we paid for him.

Just got this message through. Although I think it would've been more realistic if it was named after Gerrard who retired in 2019, I prefer it to be named after the King rather than myself. About time we expanded anyway, been stuck in a 55'000 stadium for years now.

Author:   Benjamino
Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 4:40am (PST)

Ergun, I love you so much. Misses a few chances but can be sensational.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.