Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 17

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/17.htm

Author:   Denners
Date:   May 06, 12 at 9:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
Looks good Severance. Other than you 4-3-3 do you play any other formations?

Author:   Severance
Date:   May 06, 12 at 9:55am (PST)
Denners Never played a different one  It's an absolute treat at home (lost once in the league since I started) but you're suspect away. Still got some considerable success with it, even if it's taken its time. I now have a team I've built to suit it perfectly.

Author:   LFC_Conner_YNWA
Date:   May 07, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
Not done nothing really with the team. Loaned out a few player.

Sold Skrtel for 7.5mil and sold Danny Wilson for 4.5mil

Ive only bought one player.. jordi Gomez from wigan for 2mil. Played 3 games scored 2.

First 3 games:

Stoke 1-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 3-1 QPR

League Cup
Liverpool 5-0 Colchester

Suarez Has scored quite a few. he is doing really well.

Anyone know any good cheap transfers ?

Date:   May 07, 12 at 3:52pm (PST)
quote Severance

Liverpool FC
2015/16

So last season we won our first trophy and completed a league and Carling Cup double, so I was keen to build on that. We won the league though after I re-loaded after 2 defeats (Chelsea and Everton) shattered my confidence from title challengers, to league 2 strugglers so I was determined to win it properly this season.

Transfers

I was very happy with my team, but felt I had to streamline it a bit. A few underperformers left, such as Suarez, Sanogo and Sterling. I was also willing to have a gamble on some of my younger players and allowed Benitez, Agger and Giroud go. Son Heung-Min was a player I had been chasing since I took over and was really looking forward to managing and Traore looked like the perfect target man. The rest of them were regens, although Jos Schouwenaar and Xavier would feature throughout the season. Schouwenaar had spent last season at West Brom and had impressed, Xavier cost me twice as much as he would've done 2 years ago, but he had come a really long way.

Community Shield

Fantastic way for Son Heung-Min to introduce himself. 2 goals and more silverware, perfect.

Carling Cup

We won it last year and it certainly didn't make it easy for us this year. We started with Norwich who had become a solid mid-table team, then had to get rid of Arsenal, United and Chelsea to face Aston Villa in the final.

Much more comfortable than last year where we won it on penalties. Never had any worries, just a bit disappointed it wasn't more.

FA Cup

We went out last season in the quarter finals by Norwich and very nearly faced them at the same stage this season. Unfortunately they were knocked out by Chelsea in the 5th Round and the cockney bastards turned us over at the Bridge.

Champions League

We hadn't set it alight since our return. I mean, we reached the final and deserved to win it in 2014, but other than that it was out in the last 16 and the quarter finals, both by Atletico Madrid. This time we couldn't even get past the group stages. It was a difficult group, but all we had to do really was beat Valencia at Anfield and we couldn't even do that. Attentions then turned to the Europa League, an easier way for us to achieve some European success.

Europa League

We completely tore it apart and showed why we should be in the Champions League. The only team to give us a tough time was Spurs, but after losing 2-1 at White Hart Lane I was confident we could beat them at Anfield and done so. It meant we were up against Swansea in the final who had done brilliantly in Europe this season.

As I expected. We ripped them to shreds. At 3-1 it was smooth sailing and Fierro capitalized on their gung-ho approach with time ticking away. More silverware, thank you very much. A platform to build on then.

Premier League

I'm not trying to say I didn't care about the other trophies because I did, but I would've traded them all to win this properly. Unfortunately we had a poor start. Our first half of the season wasn't exactly disastrous, but it looked it with City not losing at all.

So City were controlling things in the league and if we were to stand any chance we had to start performing better. We weren't tha far behind, but a fall in form and that could all change.

In the second half of the season we looked a much meaner team, although we suffered our first home loss in the league in 4 and a half years against Southampton of all teams. That result and the draw to Everton I would look at as the reuslts which cost us the league.

Yeah. City also lost to Newcaslte, as then Spurs in the 3rd to last game of the season, and then Villa on the final day. Disastrous to say the least, but our fixture list was just too compact in the end. Maybe next season then.

The Players

My player of the season would definitely be Xavier. He was more of a sub in the first half of the season and I gave him more game time in the second half and he repaid me with goals and assists. We looked a lot better with him in the team as our Trequarista than Rodrigo and he might have played his final game for Liverpool. After the season I would say I made a mistake in signing Son Heung-Min because Fierro is more than up to that task as well. Next season will be difficult then with Heung-Min, Xavier, Traore and Fierro all needing to play and I will have to find something that works.

Xavier won the Players' Young Player of the Year award and fully deserved it and was our only player in the team of the year as a sub. For next season I am considering selling Erick Torres who has had a very poor season, Rodrigo who will now struggle to get playing time here, Delph because I have my eyes on a world class Argentinian kid and Asamoah, because Christian Eriksen is a don. Lacina Traore went on to break our goalscoring record by 11 (Kuyt scored 22 in my first season) and beat our worst disciplinary record by a yellow card. It was Flanagan with 12 yellows and 2 reds, Traore got 13 yellows.

Author:   chidley
Date:   May 07, 12 at 6:29pm (PST)
WHen did you sell Suarez? He retired with me at age 36 and played pretty good up until about 31/32.

Became liverpools all time league goal scorer with like 250+ league goals in his career.

Date:   May 08, 12 at 10:13am (PST)
chidley he scored 35 goals in 4 seasons, not good enough IMO. Besides, I'd take Xavier any day! 

Author:   clarky_LFC
Date:   Jun 01, 12 at 7:49am (PST)
anyone got the warrior sports liverpool kit to download???

Author:   LegendaryLegend
Date:   Jun 19, 12 at 5:59pm (PST)
Took over Liverpool in January 1st season. (I was Arsenal and 5th or 6th at the time.) I managed to finish 4th with Liverpool - about 8 points ahead of them! When i took over they had Adam in the reserves. I played him and he was immense, scored a few and got 10 assists in half a season.

In January i did this:

OUT:
Aurelio free
Dirk Kuyt 1mil
Clint Dempsey 3mil

IN:
Mohamed Diame 3mil
Koman 500k

Almost starting 2nd season now. So far:

OUT:
Brad Jones 1mil
Alberto Aquilani 5mil
Joe Cole 3mil
Maxi Rodriguez 3.7mil
Charlie Adam 10mil
Jay Spearing 2mil
Coates, Henderson gone out on loan

IN:
Simon Kjaer 14mil (rotation/backup)
Neil Taylor 5mil (backup)
Fabio Borini 10mil (backup)
Gylfi Sigurdsson 8mil
Nicolas Gaitan 7mil
Adam Johnson 10mil
Victor Moses 4mil
Andriy Yarmolenko 8mil

Author:   LegendaryLegend
Date:   Jun 24, 12 at 8:01pm (PST)
Bump

Continuing from my last post, I regret signing some of those. Not sure if I signed too many, or they need time to settle, but yarmolenko, gaitan, Moses have been crap so far, and Kjaer apart from some games. I also signed asenjo and regretted it, as I ended up signing a young keeper so he wouldn't have to be registered. Taylor is ok but Enrique is always playing, so maybe I could have coped with Robinson.

After my signings being dodgy, I decided to splash out and bring in cabaye & Ben arfa, who were good when I was Newcastle. So far sigurdsson has been my best player, scoring loads and getting assists. Adam Johnson only played few games because of injuries, but he's immense now. Cabaye & Ben arfa been good too, borini starting scoring, and I forgot to mention Ruiz was my first signing when I took over and he is quality. Currently 2nd joint top with Chelsea.

Author:   sparkytheman
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 3:24am (PST)
When do liverpool get a significant stadium expansion or new stadium? im in 2017 and have won premier league 5 years in a row, champions league twice,club world cup twice, fa cup twice, league cup twice, super cup twice.... also manager of italy.. i have made ultimatums if they dont expand the stadium (55k atm) then im off, but they surprisingly seem prepared to let me go rather than expand further

hold tight?? because now i am having to stop buying expensive players to try and get the bank balance up and rely on champions league success to keep me above £100M

Author:   Saul
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 10:30am (PST)
Thinking of loading this game up, is this chat active?

Author:   xpronic
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
Will be doing mini review at end of season (started new game).

quote sparkytheman
When do liverpool get a significant stadium expansion or new stadium? im in 2017 and have won premier league 5 years in a row, champions league twice,club world cup twice, fa cup twice, league cup twice, super cup twice.... also manager of italy.. i have made ultimatums if they dont expand the stadium (55k atm) then im off, but they surprisingly seem prepared to let me go rather than expand further

hold tight?? because now i am having to stop buying expensive players to try and get the bank balance up and rely on champions league success to keep me above £100M
Not sure. On my old Liverpool save (season 2018/19), Anfield was at 60k, and had been a sell out for the past 2 seasons, but got my request for a new stadium rejected with 260m in the bank lol.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 10:42am (PST)
Anfield for me is stuck at 55,000... meant to be getting a new stadium but that's going nowhere at the minute

Also:

Yes... yes you did have a splendid career. Yes you will be remembered for decades to come, yes you will stay at the club as a youth coach, and yes... I will retire the no.8 shirt for the greatest player ever to grace the Red shirt of Liverpool. #legend

I know I posted it in the HDR but NVM.

Author:   xpronic
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
Too much of a legend for just one thread! :>

Author:   Saul
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 11:49am (PST)
What a debut...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.