Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 15

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/15.htm

Author:   Jake
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
Probably going to do something a long the lines as you kingy221 who did you sign first season? I'm looking at Labyad/Fierro/Sanogo/Kovacic/Jano at the minute, not really sure though tbh..

Author:   kingy221
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
first season i signed kadlec, willian, badejl

Author:   harbin
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 10:54am (PST)
Just struggled to a 1-0 win against Wolves... another game where we absolutely dominated, but only grabbed one goal. Need to put more chances away... seem to be as reliant on Cavani to score during games as much as Arsenal are reliant on RVP.

Wouldn't mind my attacking midfielders grabbing a few more goals, but they're rarely shooting, and the shoots they do take often go off target. Gonna see if I can tweak their player instructions a little bit.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 10:58am (PST)
am playing wolves now first game of the season

Author:   carlpeterdawson
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
1st Season

IN

Keita [LOAN] Afellay [£3.7M]

OUT

Ngoo [£100K], Eccleston [LOAN], Silva [LOAN], Coady [LOAN], Wisdom [LOAN], Adorjan [£500K], Aurelio [FREE], Pelosi [£350K]

WON

Carling Cup

Arsenal 1 - Liverpool 3
Park Chu-Young (28) Skrtel (19) Suarez (35) Carroll (84)

Premier League

W27 DRN7 LST4 FOR87 AG23 GD+64 PTS88

2nd Man Utd PTS83
3rd Tottenham PTS82
4th Arsenal PTS81

TOP SCORER Saurez 25 from 31AP(4)
TOP ASSIST Gerrard 18 from 35AP(1)

Author:   JohnRush
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:32am (PST)
Into January 2014 now, this is my current team:

A rotation policy is working quite nicely I feel, most of my players are performing pretty well. Had a few long term injuries, such as the likes Skrtel and Carroll most notably.

Hoping to sell sell Jermain Defoe this window after failing in the summer, with Sean Richards coming in from Walsall I think i'll give him a little run in with some tutoring, however he joins with a dislocated shoulder

He has the potential to be better than Neymar apprently!

With 12 goals plus 7 assists in 17 games for Walsall in League one with a 7.74 average, I think he could be brilliant in just a couple years.

With £11m left I have enough to bring in a viable replacement for Defoe, I may not even bring in a replacement! Stewart Downing has been pretty poor also, so if at the end of the season he is stilll playing average, then i'll let him go in the summer. Kagawa has been pure shite so im selling him also hopefully.

carlpeterdawson how have you played Suarez?

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:35am (PST)
omg i got beat by wolves 1-0 and only beat barnsley 1-0 with strong squad

Author:   JohnRush
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
There must be some kind of virtual recession in my save or something, not one offer for any of my players!

I have managed to secure the signing of Vaclav Kadlec for free of Porto! He's progressed nicely and should do well as a replacement for Defoe at the end of the season. Theo Walcott is tranfer listed so lining up a move for him too

Author:   carlpeterdawson
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
quote JohnRush
carlpeterdawson how have you played Suarez?[/size][/color]

Barring the current Attacking Strategy as I begin as a Counter-Attacking team.

Never use to have him as a Striker but not very confident in Carroll and Saurez & Gerrard linked well so as long you got good playmaker which Saurez is also good in providing the Striker is good also.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 1:33pm (PST)
2 wins in a row now just beat villa 4-0 away and beat sunderland 2-1 away

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
The more I watch Agger play against fast strikers, the more I start to think he needs replacing... his agility and acceleration are seriously letting him down against Yarmolenko... who is faster than Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Cavani and Torres. Even M'Vila as a holding midfielder isn't helping that much.

Probably be more than just Hummels coming in June. Could really do with another defender that is pacy and agile. Personally wouldn't mind signing Phil Jones or Chris Smalling (because they're kinda similar to what I'm looking for and English), but they play for United, price will be sky high and there's a greater chance of getting £1b on 1st Aprill than signing them. Should've signed Shawcross when I had the chance... to late now, he's at Everton.

EDIT: Full backs on this game piss me off... they continously beat my players when they drift out wide, but mine have no clue on how to defend... they can't even beat wingers.

Beat Arsenal 2-0 though. Cavani or Neymar didn't score. Suarez bagged both of them, the latter being pure class.

This message was edited on 2012-04-12T14:23:34-07:00.

Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 2:01pm (PST)
suarez is a beast

Author:   Celtic67
Date:   Apr 13, 12 at 6:54am (PST)
Just finished my first season with liverpool and came 4th in the league, put out in the semis of the FA cup and quarters of carling cup. Made a few signings in Lucas moura, honda, capoue and cisse from newcastle in january. First 2 have been impressive, the other 2 not so much. Not guaranteed champions league yet as arsenal came 5th but are in the champions league final. Hoping to raid athletic bilbao once i get my budget as they have been relegated and a few of their players are unhappy, also looking to sign sigurdsson and a cb

Edit: City beat arsenal 3-0 in the final so I do have the champions league spot

Date:   Apr 13, 12 at 8:00am (PST)
do they give you any money in january?

Date:   Apr 13, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
Gonna blow SI sky high for creating the most *bleep* up excuse of a match engine this side of the universe.

How can a team dominate so much and still lose on penalties.

What pisses me off even more is that Gareth Barry scored their third penalty and this is the first game he's played all season... yet Eduardo and Neymar with their vastly superior finishing skills can't even put the ball in the net.

I know it's only the League Cup, but that doesn't change the fact that I would've liked winning it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.