Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Liverpool FC [2] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1713211-liverpool-fc-2/

Author:   Severance
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
Subject:   Liverpool FC [2]
-------------------------------------------
quote seanburns92
Seeing as they're already looking a popular choice this season and proved to be so last season I figured I'll get this up again, after all it was my team discussion in 2011

Liverpool Football Club

Introduction

Liverpool FC were founded way back in 1892 after local rivals Everton refused to pay to play at Anfield, so the owner needed his own team to fill the stands. They are a team used to success, with their major trophy count at 18 League titles, 7 FA Cups, a record-holding 7 League Cups, 5 European Cups and a record-holding 3 UEFA Cups.

Tragedies

The club has experience horrific events which no football club should ever endure, events that has brought the club and its fans closer than any other club. The Heysel incident happened before the 1985 European Cup final between Liverpool and Juventus took place. 39 Juventus fans were crushed after one of the stadiums walls collapsed on them. It was the first European cup final Liverpool lost.
Hillsborough happened before the FA Cup semi-final tie against Nottingham Forest and Liverpool, where 96 Liverpool fans were crushed at the gates. It remains the deadliest football-related disaster in Britain history over Heysel.

Success in the Past

Their most successful times came during the 70's and 80's under the regimes of Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan and Kenny Dalglish where they won a combined total of 32 trophies. Of course none of these are reknowned as the club's greatest manager, that honour lies with Bill Shankley, a man who transformed the club from a struggling Division Two club to a complete challenging side in the Division One.

Last Decade

Despite these successes in the past the club took a turn for the worst in the 90's, winning just 2 trophies in the entire decade, one under legend Graeme Souness and another club legend Roy Evans. By the turn of the year Frenchman Gerard Houllier had taken the hot seat. Houllier put Liverpool back on the global map with his treble-winning side in 2000-01, winning the League Cup, FA Cup and UEFA Cup. During the close-season they also won the Charity Shield and the Super Cup, however these 5 trophies were the only one's won under Houllier reign. Rafa Benitez took over for the 2004-05 season after Mr Houllier failed in his return of a league title in a 5 year stint. Rafa guided the team to it's first European Cup final since Heysel in 1985 and won in the most exciting final ever, coming back from 3-0 down against decorated Italians AC Milan to win on penalties. They managed another trophy the season later, a penalty win over West Ham. Unfortunately for the club this is their last trophy to date.

Your Target

And so you've chosen to manage Liverpool. You'll follow in the footsteps of Kenny Dalglish and have a measly £2m to spend as Title Challengers, or £2.6m as Winners. You're initial target is to take the club back into the top 4 and into Champions League football, but be warned; Tottenham, Arsenal, even the likes of Everton and Aston Villa will be fighting to push for this, it will be tough.

This message was edited by Modiga(449334) on 2012-04-02T06:40:24-07:00.

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 2:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Liverpool FC [2]
Decided to get a new one up with the old one on 31 pages now.

I'm starting again as Liverpool, anyone got any suggestions as who to buy and sell? Really I'm looking at trying to move on Jones, Skrtel and Adam from the top of my head.

Author:   dlwaite1
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 2:58pm (PST)
I've sold...

Brad Jones - 1.5m
Aurelio - 2.2m
Maxi Rodriguez - 6.5m
Suso - 2m
Skrtel - 7.75m
Spearing - 2.5m
Jack Robinson - not sold but Real Madrid came in with an offer, I have negotiated with 7.5m so if they offer that then I will be accepting

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 5:18pm (PST)
Completed my summer dealings then. Re-vamped the staff and made some cracking signings. For the first time on a Liverpool save I'm confident we can mount a title challenge.
OUT
Brad Jones Valencia £1million
Maxi Rodriguez AC Milan £6.5million
Lucas Leiva Arsenal £17million
Suso Coventry Loan
Conor Coady Wycombe Loan
and a lot of releases.

IN
Bashkim Kadrii OB £1million
Joel Valencia Zaragoza £1.4million
Andile Jali Orlando Pirates £350'000
Jackson Martinez Jaguares £3.2million
Seydou Doumbia CSKA Moscow £18million

Still got £9million in the bank too, but that's for any January dealings. I've kept Skrtel but planning on selling at some point for £8-10million.

Author:   careermode
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 5:31pm (PST)
new to liverpool, any tips who to sign etc.

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 5:52pm (PST)
Andile Jali's a cracking young CM who's cheap and has a very good re-sale (once saw him sold for £19million after 2-3 seasons). Because you have such a poor budget you're stuck really between keeping your current squad or selling Lucas for a high fee. Also, Andy Carroll's dogshit.

Author:   hullfclegend
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 5:54pm (PST)
a s**t striker LOL ^

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 7:50pm (PST)
I need big help please

Could anybody please help me on a tactic to play, Liverpool are flaming useless with trying to play my 4-4-2 I use...

Here is the thing though, I still want to use 2 upfront as I have Suarez and Carroll and Trezeguet and Doumbia

If you could help me with a tactic (including team instructions and player roles) then that would be great

Even if you say 4-4-2 then that would be great as I bet your instructions would be different to mine

Thanks in advance

Author:   JohnRush
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
All you guys are *bleep*ing retarded! Selling Suso, Maxi, Skrtel and LUCAS!

WTF!

Also Andy Carroll is good on this if you know what you're doing. He got 14 in 21 for me 1st season + 8 assists.

Might carry on my save now. Hmm decisions...

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:23pm (PST)
quote JohnRush
All you guys are *bleep*ing retarded! Selling Suso, Maxi, Skrtel and LUCAS!

WTF!

Also Andy Carroll is good on this if you know what you're doing. He got 14 in 21 for me 1st season + 8 assists.

Might carry on my save now. Hmm decisions...

In that case then help us all JohnRush, tell us how to utilize Carroll to his full potential

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:32pm (PST)
quote JohnRush

How the hell...  Tell me, and I shall sacrifice dlwaite1 in your honour.

Maxi's old, on big wages and there's better out there, I prefer Coates to Skrts on this and he always cries if I don't play him, I don't like selling Lucas, but as I've proven yo can get a nice price for him, but I agree selling Suso's retarded.

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:35pm (PST)
quote Severance
How the hell...  Tell me, and I shall sacrifice dlwaite1 in your honour.

why me

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:36pm (PST)
You were the last person to comment, sorry 

Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:40pm (PST)
I guess thats fair... I think

Author:   JohnRush
Date:   Feb 02, 12 at 8:46pm (PST)
...And you were just idiotic to sell Suso, and Jack Robinson, I don't give a shit if it's 7.5m thats a wank deal for him!

Maxi's awesome!

1st Season
9(9) games
7 goals
3 assists

Mid-Second Season
8(10) games
5 goals
8 assists

The guy is the ultimate super sub!

And I just play Carroll in target man attack. Somebody putting a ball onto his head.

Got him and Defoe rotating. Defoe got me 15 goals + 10 assists in 27 games with a 7.54 rating. Genius move.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.