Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Story of Your Season & Career - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1692811-story-of-your-season-career/7.htm

Author:   Tweety Pie
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 3:24pm (PST)
Subject:   Perhaps the Finest Root and Branch I Ever Did
-------------------------------------------
Mission for FM12: do this with a small club

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

2010-2022

Season 2010/11 | 2nd 83pts | EUROPA LEAGUE Winners
Season 2011/12 | 1st 95pts | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners
Season 2012/13 | 1st 92pts | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS | Treble Year
Season 2013/14 | 1st 84pts | CARLING CUP Winners | FA CUP Winners | Domestic Treble Year
Season 2014/15 | 1st 94pts | FA CUP Winners | Double Year
Season 2015/16 | 1st 87pts | COMMUNITY SHIELD Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners
Season 2016/17 | 2nd 84pts | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | WORLD CLUB CUP Winners | Cup Treble
Season 2017/18 | 1st 89pts | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners
Season 2018/19 | 1st 98pts | COMMUNITY SHIELD Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA Cup Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | CLUB WORLD CUP Winners | Sextuple
Season 2019/20 | 1st 97pts | COMMUNTIY SHIELD Winners | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | . CLUB WORLD CUP Winners | Septuple
Season 2020/21 | 1st 97pts | COMMUNITY SHIELD Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA Cup Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | CLUB WORLD CUP Winners
Season 2021/22 | 1st 91pts | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA Cup Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | CLUB WORLD CUP Winners

All-Time Best XI (4-3-3)

Pepe Reina ; Martin Kelly ; Danny Wilson ; Daniel Agger ; Jack Robinson ; Lucas ; Suso ; Jonjo Shelvey ; Junior Stanislas ; Juan Mata ; Alexey Rudenok
Subs: Ben Reid ; Sergej Akhmetov ; Dominic Wilson ; Luis Suarez ; Daniel ; Daniel Pacheco ; Glen Johnson

SEASON 2022/23

Community Shield

9. Suso - captain

European Super Cup

Club World Cup

Carling Cup

The Premier League

FA Cup

The Champions League

Major Honours 2011-23

Premier League Winners - FA Cup Winners - Champions League Winners

L.F.C The Squad

Keepers

#99. Ben REID | | History | The England and Liverpool keeper is well known across the world for his catlike reflexes and accurate throw, the Liverpool-born man with the golden locks is the last line of defence and first line of attack
#01. Andy THOMPSON | | History | Long-time backup at his hometown club, Andy has spent time on loan at Premiership and Championship clubs as well as watching his more talented Liverpudlian take the glory
#13. Adam CLANCY | | History | a decent Irish international at 19, the youngster still looks unlikely to supplant Reid and will probably leave Liverpool once mature

Full backs
#20 Dominic WILSON | | History | England and Liverpool's first choice, the London-born player came through the academy an adopted scouser, and after a loan spell at Bristol City came back to overthrow Glen Johnson and Martin Kelly. Physical powerhouse with great tactical awareness.
#02. Matt BURDETT | | History | Suffered a cruciate ligament injury a few games into the season, affected his current ability, the danger being that having hit his peak so early the youngster will crash even earlier. A very solid wing back.
#08. Jack ROBINSON | | History | Much like Burdett, hit his peak in his teens but was deposed first as leftback by the youngster then as captain by Suso. This season was first choice and excelled, leaving a selection headache for 2023/24
#03. Martin KELLY | | History | The veteran fullback who has been edging closer to a coaching role in recent years (recently Insua took on a fulltime staff position), still an Anfield hero
#31. Callum MURRAY | | Youth | A strong fullback who has had two loan spells at Middlesbrough in both League One and the Championship. Ready for a step up to first team backup.

Centre backs
#04. Danny WILSON | | History | Scotland captain and Liverpool legend, the pacey ball-playing centre back has been the stalwart of the Reds for over a decade. Alan Hansen for the modern era.
#23 Srgej AKHMETOV | | History | A walking giant, the German-born Kazakh international is no Borat, with no discernible weakness and a model professional. Has been predominantly backup but was first choice due to injury to Crossley. Cult hero.
#05 Jimmy CROSSLEY | | History | The Salford-born player took the trip down the East Lancs at sixteen and hasn't looked back, fitting in beside Danny Wilson perfectly before a niggling knee injury ended his season. The quick, strong archetypal modern centre back will hope he can recover.
#19 Braulio MEDINA | | History | Within five months of arriving in England last year the six foot six Uruguayan had netted the winning goal in a European Cup final against Manchester United. A very good player with high hopes.
#24. John McWEENEY | | History | Symptomatic of Liverpool's strength in depth is that a 20 year old England international is fifth choice at the back, will be looking to forge a future partnership with Crossley or Medina.

Central Midfielders
#09. Jesus SUSO | | History | Arguably the best player in the world and Liverpool's playmaker. Since bursting onto the scene in 2010, Suso has been integral to the pass and move style. Has recently also developed a keen eye for goal.
#10. Jonjo SHELVEY | | History | A box to box midfielder who has tailed off over the last two seasons, still played his part in key matches but has lost the verve which held his name on the team sheet.
#16. Darren TYLER | | History | The heir to Lucas Leiva's throne, it's a wonder the powerful anchor man hasn't made his international bow yet. With an eye for a pass and a knack for football, the academy lad could be a hero.
#18 Robert vd BERG | | History | The slick Dutchman can replace any of the midfield trio and his slick passing game coupled with explosive bursts forward mark him out
#26. Dave LEWIS | | History | likened to a young Jonjo Shelvey, the slender Scouser burst onto the scene with winning goals against Chelsea and Arsenal last season but has struggled for consistency thus far.
#21. Liam GRANT | | History | Signed from Everton in their relegation year, the former blue has hovered on the verges of both the Liverpool and England squads since making the big time with his physical style.

Wide Forwards
#15 Jun STANISLAS | | History | The former West Ham man has become a Premier League and England legend, universally acclaimed as the right hand prong of the Liverpool attacking forward, Junior's pace and quick feet astound.
#17. Filho DANIEL | | History | A wonderkid in Brazil and Germany when loaned out as a youngster, the silky samba man has had to wait for his chance at Anfield but has taken it with aplomb
#11. Juan MATA | | History | A legend, still appeared on cue to finish out important matches, of special note his double against Man United. Of great value as a coach to young players coming through the ranks
#14. Isaac BOATENG | | History | Quick and every now and then a thrilling player, but more often than not flatters to deceive and is in danger of being moved on from the squad at Melwood

Central Forwards
#07. Ben TAYLOR | | History | Had an injury plagued term but still turned up for two final appearances which will never die in the memory of the Kop. A big game player with a perfect finish when he is in the mood.
#12. Alex RUDENOK | | History | An incredibly strong and pacey forward but one who can only survive at the top level due to the sheer amount of chances he creates. His abject finishing can reduce any man to tears. Still a hero.

Selected Youth Players

Eduardo BIRO - £2.1m from São Paolo aged 18
Stefan HOFMAN - £2m from Groningen aged 17
Josef GRUNDEI - £2m from Werder Bremen aged 15
Luigi TOSCANO - Academy
Andy JOHNSON - £1.4m from Doncaster aged 17
Alessandro PATANÉ - £40k from CRB aged 18
Gareth McNEIL - Academy
Andy WILLIAMS - Academy

A fairly poor set at the moment after some fallow years in the academy and my scouting talent pools, signed 6 youth players in three years, some of whom have failed to train on enough and been sold on. Hoping for a new generation to come through soon though, my backups will soon be wanting bigger things and the old guard (Kelly, Mata, Wilson, Stanislas) won't hang around forever...

The Legend

Lucas LEIVA - Finally retiring with his number 6 shirt after being the basis for the strongest team in footballing history, his stats may not look much anymore and his career looks average but he was the pillar of my pass and move team

HERO.

Author:   Jabba Overkill
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 3:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Story of Your Season & Career
quote Vangelis21
hello guys.
I will be posting my story in a little while but could someone tell me how to make my pictures appear like seanburns92 ?

If you are talking about the ones in spoilers...
[spoiler=Spoiler Name][img]Image_link here[/img][/spoiler]

If it's about the others...

[img]Image_link here[/img]

The black square around the picture is simply made with paint..

Author:   Jack L
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 6:31pm (PST)
Tweety Pie awesome read, so glad you took the time to post that. Very well done.

x3

Author:   Crowy
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 7:22pm (PST)
^ Agreed, a fantastic career, Tweety!

Author:   Vangelis21
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 7:29pm (PST)
quote Jabba Overkill
quote Vangelis21
hello guys.
I will be posting my story in a little while but could someone tell me how to make my pictures appear like seanburns92 ?
[pre]
If you are talking about the ones in spoilers...
[spoiler=Spoiler Name][img]Image_link here[/img][/spoiler]</code>[/pre]</div><!-- endcode 0 -->

If it's about the others...

<!-- code 1 --><div class="codesnippet"><pre class="prettyprint linenums"><code>[img]Image_link here[/img]
<!-- endcode 1 -->
The black square around the picture is simply made with paint..

</pre>
thank you but I was mostly referring to ho clear they are. mine are usually blurry (you can see some in the home dressing room

Author:   SLB
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 8:28pm (PST)
Tweety Pie...awsome work mate,really enjoyed reading it (took me a while lol) i wish i could display my save like that

Author:   PaulCustus
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 9:08pm (PST)
TweetyPie wow just wow you have led Liverpool to a world great mate.

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 10:14pm (PST)
Fox Slator

LA Galaxy

2012 season

Just finished my second season in the MLS to the top challenge and have had a much more successful season than previous. I brought in a few players to bulk up the squad but most of the first eleven were similar to the previous season.

US Cup

3rd Round v Reading Utd Away 3-1
Qtr Final v Chicago Home 2-0
Semi Final v Houston Home 4-0
Final v Salt Lake Home 4-1

Again it was not seen as a major goal but winning it is always nice and it helped that it was achieved through quite a bit of ease with only two goals conceded in the competition.

NACL 11/12

Qtr Final v Municipal Home: 2-0 Away: 1-0 (3-0)
Semi Final v Monterrey Away: 3-1 Home: 2-0 (5-1)
Final v Pumas Away: 1-4 Home: 6-3 (7-7 a)

The final was really hard to take as we came back from four goals down to take control and we only needed one more goal to win it, it was so close to an excellent comeback but unfortunately lost the final on away goals.

NACL 12/13

1st) Q Pumas 6 +15 15
2nd) Q Los Angeles 6 +12 15
3rd) Tauro 6 -10 6
4th) I. Metapan 6 -17 0

Met Pumas again in the group stages and ended finishing level points but their 2-0 against us was better than our 2-1 against them putting the side top. We dominated a lot of the other games and it's always vital to progress from the group stages of the competition.

MLS

1st) Los Angeles 34 +41 70
2nd) Portland 34 +28 64
3rd) New York 34 +16 60
4th) Salt Lake 34 +17 59
5th) DC United 34 +10 53

The league wasn't as easy as it was in the previous season with the first half of the season showing a lot of shaky performances. We were always hanging around the playoffs but nothing was certain but from the second half of the season we really went into gear and only had about one defeat in the second half. It gave us a strong points lead and meant we finished top of the table.

Playoffs

W. Semi Final v Philadelphia Away: 3-0 Home: 3-3 (6-3)
W. Final v Portland Home 2-1
MLS Final v New York Neutral 4-0

The playoffs showed a mixture of performances starting with a strong 3-0 away win to Philadelphia but the second leg we dropped off, going from 2-0 up to 2-3 down; we managed to equalise and keep hold of the strong lead. The Portland game was always going to be the hardest as they have been the challenges to LA this season, they scored in the first minute and dominated the first half but somehow we managed to grab two goals against the run of play in the first half. The second half was more even and we progressed from a tough game. The MLS final was a lot more comfortable and the team showed what they did best in winning and I got my first MLS Cup on the game!

For next season: Have a go at trying to win the NACL and have a team that dominates the MLS.

Author:   Jack L
Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 11:15pm (PST)
Have to say it's brave following up Tweet's career, but that's another good read Modiga. You're ticking along nicely. One more year to have another crack at the NACL or are you trying to move on now?

x3

Date:   Dec 21, 11 at 11:18pm (PST)
quote Jack L
Have to say it's brave following up Tweet's career, but that's another good read Modiga. You're ticking along nicely. One more year to have another crack at the NACL or are you trying to move on now?

x3

Think need one more season before moving on, previously I've had three years in the MLS before I move across to Europe.

Author:   TheNathanael
Date:   Dec 22, 11 at 1:53am (PST)
LFC -

Liverpool have called upon Nathanael Roberts to lead them from now on, after Kenny Dalglish resigned. Roberts, 24, has led several other clubs to glory; Stevenage to the Championship, Plymouth to the Europa League & even Reading, his home town, to Premier League success.

The pre-season was inconsistent. LFC drew against Rubin Kazan after fielding a youth side. 2 goals from Danny Pacheco got the Reds some dignaty after a tough game.

They then went on their German tour, they were set to play Worlfsburg, Koln & league champions, Borussia Dortmund.

The Wolfsburg match was fast approaching and Roberts was handed a blow after Liverpool's experienced captain, Steven Gerrard, was out for 7 weeks with a torn hamstring, that he suffered in training.

Wolfsburg 2 - 3 Liverpool

Liverpool came out winners as Andy Carroll's late header in the 87th minute secured a win against the German side. Suarez & Lucas got the others respectively.

Whilst on the German Tour Nathanael Roberts was making transfers, he made offers for Ibrahim Affelay, Fabricio Coloccini & Fabrice Muamba. They were all turned down to start with, but Roberts made another offer for transfer-listed Affelay, 25. This offer was for £1.7 million and Barcelona subsequently accepted and the contract talks were far from easy. But, Roberts got there in the end, and signed his man.

Koln 0 - 5 Liverpool

Liverpool ran rampant on Koln in this friendly fixture. Man of the Match, Luis Suarez, scored 3 of the 5 goals, 1 of which was a long-range effort and it sailed into the top-right hand corner. Agger & Carroll the other scorers.

Yet another blow was suffered for Liverpool, although this time for Martin Skrtel. The Slovakian was ruled out for the rest of pre-season and it left Roberts with a dilema, play the out of form Carragher or give Coates a chance to prove himself?

Borussia Dortmund 2 - 2 Liverpool

Liverpool leave Germany feeling cheated after a penalty given to the hosts in the 90+3rd minute for a handball from Jose Enrique. "No way was that handball, Jose's arm was by his side." Roberts said sternly after the match. This incident over-shadowed the terrific perofrmance of the wingman, Stewart Downing. Downing grabbed 2 in his first game under Roberts and boy did he impress.

With pre-season over with, Roberts was focusing on the first league match, Arsenal. Then we had Southend in the League Cup, followed by a trip to Wales to face Swansea.

More will be posted, sorry for no screenshots, I got an old computer

Author:   Tweety Pie
Date:   Dec 23, 11 at 5:49pm (PST)
Mission for FM12: do this with a small club

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

2010-2023

Season 2010/11 | 2nd 83pts | EUROPA LEAGUE Winners
Season 2011/12 | 1st 95pts | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners
Season 2012/13 | 1st 92pts | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS | Treble Year
Season 2013/14 | 1st 84pts | CARLING CUP Winners | FA CUP Winners | Domestic Treble Year
Season 2014/15 | 1st 94pts | FA CUP Winners | Double Year
Season 2015/16 | 1st 87pts | COMMUNITY SHIELD Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners
Season 2016/17 | 2nd 84pts | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | WORLD CLUB CUP Winners | Cup Treble
Season 2017/18 | 1st 89pts | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners
Season 2018/19 | 1st 98pts | COMMUNITY SHIELD Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA Cup Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | CLUB WORLD CUP Winners | Sextuple
Season 2019/20 | 1st 97pts | COMMUNTIY SHIELD Winners | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | . CLUB WORLD CUP Winners | Septuple
Season 2020/21 | 1st 97pts | COMMUNITY SHIELD Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA Cup Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | CLUB WORLD CUP Winners
Season 2021/22 | 1st 91pts | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA Cup Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | CLUB WORLD CUP Winners
Season 2022/23 | 1st 92pts | COMMUNTIY SHIELD Winners | EUROPEAN SUPER CUP Winners | CARLING CUP Winners | FA CUP Winners | EUROPEAN CUP Winners | . CLUB WORLD CUP Winners | Septuple

All-Time Best XI (4-3-3)

Pepe Reina ; Martin Kelly ; Danny Wilson ; Daniel Agger ; Jack Robinson ; Lucas ; Suso ; Jonjo Shelvey ; Junior Stanislas ; Juan Mata ; Alexey Rudenok
Subs: Ben Reid ; Sergej Akhmetov ; Dominic Wilson ; Luis Suarez ; Daniel ; Daniel Pacheco ; Glen Johnson

SEASON 2023/24

Community Shield
Man Utd 3-2 Liverpool- We dominated with a weakened XI and Biro netted on his Liverpool debut after several successful loan spells. A last minute header ended our attempt for septuple doubling early though.

European Super Cup
Rubin Kazan 0-1 Liverpool- Another second string side coasted to victory in Monaco, Callum Murray scoring for the second Super Cup running, a solid easy trophy which has become customary for the end of August.

Club World Cup

A simple affair for a predominantly under 21 side as we needed penalties against Osaka before dispensing of Pumas with absolute professional ease.

Carling Cup

Easy compared to last year as only Chelsea and Man City provided any sizeable obstacle in our pathway to total domestic domination. And Chelsea were shit. So were Charlton.

FA Cup

Made a piss-easy path to the final difficult with contrived draws against lower league sides before finally kicking arses into gear against serious teams like Blackburn and Charlton. Man Utd weren't much cop as we got revenge for the Community Shield. Big time grudge against Thomas Tuchel for signing lots of very good players and churlishly not getting the Mancs relegated.

Champions League

Group that could easily have been Europa League then Real Madrid. Not lying when I say we were dominating both legs but in missing Rudenok and Taylor we were doing to third choice forwards and when Biro got injured it wasn't pretty. Also, their keeper played a blinder. Goodbye our run of eight consecutive triumphs. Didn't like you anyway. Bitch. Barca downed Real in the final.

The Premier League

Only dropped six points before Christmas. Despite Man City having an insanely good forward line (Sandrinho scored 53 goals. Thanks to his pace and acceleration. I could have signed him for £8m four seasons ago but stuck to my youth policy...), Man Utd dominating with fast wing player and a strong base, our defence and total possession football served well

100% record at Anfield was very pleasing as we recorded our best season yet in the league, perhaps due to our abject failure on the continental stage. Just look at Man City's goals scored column. Although they only demolished shit teams, they didn't score at Anfield or Old Trafford. Very much a big three in the league, but one dominated by me. Shame to see Everton go down on goal difference, we went easy on them and they still capitulated. Again.

Squad

IMPROVED PLAYERS: Murray DRL, The Boat AMR and Biro ST

Suso Footballer of the Year for second year running, with Daniel runner up, Isaac Boateng won Young Player of the Year, coming from nowhere after a poor season last year, managing only 8 league appearances

YNWA

Author:   ho1mesy2011
Date:   Dec 23, 11 at 7:06pm (PST)

arsenal 2011/2012 season review

the transfers

Mbaye Niang: A young striker for the future brought in for a reasonable fee didn't get much game time but still only 17
Leighton Baines: brought in for two reasons i wanted more English players in the squad and needed a left back as i didn't trust Gibbs or Santos.
Rafael Toloi: a young Brazilian centere back brought in for the future ended up sending him on loan as he wanted more game times hope that has helped him become a better player and he can get more games.
Marc-Andre Ter Stegen: needed a new back up keeper and heard good things about this guy didn't have the best first season but still got a lot of years left to improve
Leonardo Damiao: with van persie injured Chamakh going to the ACON and Niang being too young i decided to ask the bored to buy this guy which they did and he proved to be well worth the money
transfers out Almunia was the only person to leave permanently as he went to Real for 2million the rest of the transfers were loans either because they wanted to leave and nobody would sign them or for first team experience

the domestic cups

The domestic cups proved to be a disappointment as i excited both at the first attempt better luck next year i guess.

the premier league

The first half of the season saw some highs and lows the highs of playing at home beating Man City 5-0 which included 3 goals from Djourou and the lows of playing away losing 4-0 to Everton saying that the best result of 2011 came away at White Hart Lane to be precise when we beat rivals Tottenham 4-1.I went into January 15 points off the top.

the second half of the season saw us drop points on just 6 occasions one of them being a draw to Bolton making them the only team we did not beat the win at Home to man united was great as it kept us in the title race drawing to villa meant that i had not lost at the emirates in all competitions during the 11/12 season

2nd place in the premier league was great came close to winning it but not close enough maybe next year we can improve score a few more goals concede less and win the title

the champions league

we almost went out of the champions league in the qualifier only an 82 minute goal from Walcott saved us from the exit the group stages was good as i gave some fringe/young players a chance we got an amazing 17 goals in are group and were qualified going into the last game would have one the group but Olympiacos came from 3-0 down to get a point. the knockout stages were easier than expected as i won the home legs against Bayern 4-1 man city 3-0 and inter 3-1 while losing away 2-1 in each game as i got to the final in Munich

real Madrid route to the final had seen them score 36 goals including 7 against Barcelona at home and i went into this match just hoping we could give them a game.23 minutes gone corner whipped in Djourou header goal 1-0 up can it be no Djourou goes of injured and Mertersaker comes on some sloppy defending sees Ozil sent off we were then on the back foot for the next 30 minutes before Pepe got sent off extra time went by no winning goal it was time for the dreaded shoot out.

the shoot out started Real Madrid to go first Carvalho shoots Szczeney save followed by a goal from van persie 0-1 arsenal. next set of penalty's Ronaldo steps up scores Chamakh's turn misses 1-1 the next two penalty's each go in as Ramos and Sarin for Real and Baines and Gervinho for Arsenal made it 3-3 with one penalty each left. Higuain shoots its wide im one penalty away from being European champions up steps Arshavin and .... Casilas saves it still 3-3 sudden death Marcelo and Song score one each for the teams before Arbeloa steps up and shoots Szczeney saves this is are chance up next is Vermalean can he do what Arshavin couldn't yes straight in the goal we are EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS.

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Szczeney was my number one for most of the season playing 34 times in which he kept an impressive 14 clean sheets his finest hour came when he saved two penalty's in the champions league final. Ter Stegen didn't have the best first season as he conceded 30 goals in 21 games and kept just 3 clean sheets one of them came against Newcastle as he kept arsenal in the game at times.

full backs Baines and Sagna were great down the left and right hand side as they played the majority of are 55 games Baines best game was in the champions league against Bayern in which he helped both the attack and defense while Sagna came Against Man u went he scored an amazing goal to round off a great performance. Vrsaljko had 4 games for the club at the beginning of the season playing very well but a damaged crucial ligament and did not feature again meaning i had to promote Jenkinson from the reserves Who played a few games as back up to sagna. Gibbs played as back up to Baines and had some good games but the best was when he came of the bench against Bayern and netted twice.

centere backs Djourou was first choice on the team sheet as he was a brick wall in defense but he also scored some vital goals like the one in the champions league final but his best scoring performance was a hatrick against Manchester City. the other brick wall in defense was Vermalean who helped with some great tackles as he kept arsenal in touch with the title race his man of the match performance in defense against Chelsea was by far his best game.Mertersaker was my third centere back and was a bit unpredictable playing great in some games but rubbish in others his best form came in the beginning of January when he scored 4 goals in 2 games against Olympiacos and Newcastle.

Midfielders Arteta and Song was my main midfield partnership Arteta as a advanced playmaker while song was a deep lying playmaker both have fairly average seasons although Arteta did chip in with the assists while Song made some good tackles there back ups where the young Ramsey and Frimpong who did Farley well concedering there age.
in the attacking midfield position i had Arshavin who was surprisingly good being involved in 18 goals unfortunately this will probably be his last season as his contract will come to the end in a year and i would rather cash in now as he wants 85k a week(top payed players on 80k) Wiltshire returned from injury against Bayern scoring in that game he then played another 15 games from then till the end of the season and looked like he had never been away.

Wingers Gervinho on the Left Walcott on the right both having fantastic seasons as they got first and second in the young player of the year award 3 other players played on the wing loanee Benayoun who did well when playing and youngsters Chamberlain and Miyachi both getting a few games.

strikers: started the season playing a loan striker Van Persie who scored some great goals either side of an injury without the injury he may have been top scorer Damiao came in January and was amazing striker scoring goals and setting them up.Chamakh and Park were surprisingly good when called upon and i regret not given Niang more chance as when played he played well.

next season

a few deals in and out have already been agreed and im hoping i can build a squad capable of better things my main aim is to get further in the cups and just get more points in the league the champions league run was nice but i don't except it to happen again.

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 1:09pm (PST)

Wisla Plock - Season 2

Season 1

Pre-season expectations were to push for promotion after securing a good midtable last season. We managed to achieve that with 5 games left to go and even managed to win the league on the last day of the season with a injury time goal which gave us the title. We are in the Polish top division now so i think just avoiding going straight back down is the main goal although it is going to be tough. I have a number of good young players who i feel can step up but i think we need a few more experienced quality players to keep us up.
» Squad and Transfers

» League

Polish Cup

Date:   Dec 26, 11 at 1:13pm (PST)
Well done AndyD_U, expect a long career game or to stick with the club?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.