Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Story of Your Season & Career - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1692811-story-of-your-season-career/5.htm

Author:   FIFAleachy
Date:   Nov 17, 11 at 10:50pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Story of Your Season & Career
-------------------------------------------
quote Drachbo
So you went with Porto again eh FIFAleachy. Your domestic dominance is outstanding, despite the BWIN loss and the way you performed in Europe is definitely worth praise as well. Now that you're resigning, will you be looking for a new job or a whole new save?
A new save, this one was to break in FM11 with an easy save. Will be venturing down into the fifth tier of England next.

Author:   GunnaGee
Date:   Nov 18, 11 at 7:55am (PST)
http://www.youtube.com/user/GunnaGee
There are my current youtube saves. Check 'em out!

Author:   Drachbo
Date:   Nov 18, 11 at 10:55pm (PST)

2013/11/27

A START
     2011/7/5 - 2012/5/27   Jevnaker IF 

My first job as a manager, in my aim to become the most successful one ever. Was appointed to save third tier Norwegian side Jevnaker, who were struggling in the bottom of the table. My entrance didn't revolutionize things, but at least we was able to end the season decently and finish 7th out of 14, a lot thanks to Lars Lafton up front who managed to become the top scorer of the whole division. But a struggling economy a long side an aging squad limited my possibilities to build onto it and four games into the second season I decided to leave, leaving room for a manager who hopefully would be able to bring in more motivation than I could.

HOME TURF
     2012/8/16 -            FC Trollhättan

Turning back home across the boarder I was given the seat at FC Trollhättan, a team not performing as well as they were capable of in the Swedish third tier. I enjoyed a great start to my spell, taking over at the end of the season and flying up the table, at the end finishing a respectable 5th of a table consisting of 14 sides. Sadly, the star player in the side, Tom Pettersson left as a bosman at the end of the season and with the previous manager already having signed a load of players joining at the end of the season I had troubles shaping the team accordingly to my own plans. A bit to big squad, inconstancy and struggling to find the right formation hindered us in our hunt for promotion the upcoming season. It was only thankfully to the league being a very tight affair that we was able to hang on to a top position. At the end of the season we came as close as you can get to promotion thanks to a late form but three consecutive draws at the end made us slip down to second and in the last game we lost to a 92 minute goal, placing us 3rd. A few young Africans, Patricé Kone, Mouhamadou Gomis and Khalifa Jabbie have joined the side and will hopefully be able to add some extra quality, all being capable of playing on a higher level when they grow of age.

tidus04.

Author:   CupidStunt
Date:   Nov 21, 11 at 5:01am (PST)

Blyth Spartans
2011/2012
BSN

Aim: Simple. Get Blyth to be the dominant force in domestic football.
It's something i've started to do on every FM, but never stuck with it all the way.. Hopefully, I will this year

Basically just gonna show achievements and various stats

TRANSFERS: So, yeah.. People say it's not realistic for non-league teams to be buying loads of foreign players.. I don't care. I can do it, so I will do it.

LEAGUE: This was the main focus. Get promotion to the BSP. Simples.

Scoring completely for fun all season, falling just shy of a 4 goal average, and defence wasn't too bad.. Can't complain at a +135 GD

My players just absolutely dominate in the stats, Farro, Mussard & Guichard in particular were immense. As well as Casalinuovo who joined in January.

CUPS: Always nice to have a good cup run, particularly with the money it can bring in to such a small club.

FAT was incredibly disappointing tbh, as I had hoped to do better.
FA Cup was better, and I believe I would have beaten Morecambe had it been at home.. Was 1-0 up at HT, but fell apart 2nd half..
Not too bad, but hopefully will improve in both next season

SUMMARY: Delighted with performance in league, looking forward to playing in BSP next season..

Wages are well under control for now, but that will probably change next season, and finances will probably go into the red, unless we can put a good cup run together.

BRING ON BSP!

P.S - Some good updates, and some great reads in here!

Author:   SLB
Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 5:43pm (PST)
CupidStunt,really nice update mate.Good luck in the BP

Author:   john1992
Date:   Nov 22, 11 at 11:46pm (PST)
Rangers 2011/2012 season review!

League cup

I beat Peterhead in the third round with a cagey 2-0 win at home then in the quarters got put out on penalties by hearts in a game I should have easily won.

Board expectations were they didnt care about this but I felt this was a missed opportunity to win some silverware.

Scottish Cup

We beat Raith, Buckie Thistle, Falkirk and then Dundee United in the semi finals which set up a scottish cup final against Hibernian who amazingly finished the season in 2nd place!

Champions League

Awful performance I went out in the 3rd qualifying round to victoria plzen 4-5 never heard of them lost about 12 million pounds so gutted and the board werent happy about this result

Europa League

I qualified into the group stages and was seeded 1st with a group of palermo,litex and zurich - I won 4,drew 1 and lost 1 so topped my group and this was all the board wanted to reach the group stages.
I then faced paok in the last 32 and won 5-4 over 2 legs,next was shaktar and won 5-2 but then went out 1-4 to dortmund in the quarters.

SPL

I won the league with 88 points and won by 19 points from 2nd place hibs with celtic coming a close 3rd, I also beat celtic 3 times and only lost once when the league was won.
Made it 4 in a row!

Key players

Jamie Murphy - signed for 1.3 million as my only signing and he finished season with 39 goals in 52 games or 28 league goals in 37 league games he finished season top SPL scorer by 8 goals

Steven Naismith - This wee player ( my captain) was argubly my best player, played on the right side of my midfield he scored 23 goals and 15 assists in 48 games.

New signings

Scott Allan - signed this talented youngster for £950k and he will partner Steven Davis in midfield

Yaya Sanogo - Free transfer one of most talented youngsters on the game so he will partner murphy upfront as jelavic wants to move to a bigger club and couldnt persuade him

Author:   CupidStunt
Date:   Nov 23, 11 at 4:41am (PST)
Thanks SLB
Btw, just seen the player in your sig. Looks awesome! New Messi indeed..

Author:   Ma_sk_i
Date:   Nov 25, 11 at 8:45pm (PST)

Season: 2011-12

Was a bit of a mixed bag this season, whilst I got promoted I feel the team should have performed much better. I would have probably finished 2nd if I didn't go through a horrible run of form in Febuary where I went 9 games without winning. A late run of form at the end of the season saved me a spot in the play-offs, thankfully Birmingham lost on the last game of the season so I could sneak in as 6th (Hi, Danandersonkro). The team showed there promise in the Play-Offs with good victories against West Ham (Allardyce has been sacked now and got the UK job over me, tosser) and Forest in the final thanks to a goal by Emnes. Oh and yeah, Portsmouth somehow won the FA Cup so that's why they're in Europe. But yeah, back in the Premiership boiz

(Benrollo)

Due to the fact Middlesbrough are poorer than a student I needed to sell a few players before I could think of buying anyone. Since 'Boro have loads of central midfielders I let Bailey and Zemmama, and since I got Geremi for free I got rid of Hoyte cause his wages were stupid. I wanted more width in midfield so I brought Geremi, Sestu and Del Nero. Geremi and Del Nero were a bit of a disappointment but Sestu was one of the stars of the team setting up a shit load of goals for McDonald. I brought van de Laak in January but he was shite so I'll probably sell him.

As you can see; Emnes, McDonald, Sestu and Smallwood were the stars of the show. Basically my entire midfield and strikeforce.

If the screenshots are too big, then buy bigger screens.

Author:   Benrollo
Date:   Nov 25, 11 at 8:47pm (PST)
Why on earth were Forest playing Kieron Freeman in the playoff final?

Author:   Ma_sk_i
Date:   Nov 25, 11 at 10:29pm (PST)
'Cause you didn't want to get promoted and McClaren wanted us to go up :>

Author:   DanAndersonKRO
Date:   Nov 26, 11 at 3:33am (PST)
Shut up Maski

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Nov 26, 11 at 11:57am (PST)

Wisla Plock - Season 1

This is the first and so far only game i have started on FM12 so it has taken me quite a while to get the first season done. I started it with the aim of having a game that would last me for the whole length of the game. I picked Wisla Plock who start in the Polish Second Division as they had a good young squad, a good stadium, decent facilities and a bit of money although they are exactly rich. Also they have a pretty cool name XD.

» League

» Squad

Author:   JohnRush
Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 1:35pm (PST)
1st season with Sporting CP is over:

Lost the league by 1 point from Porto:
Pos   Team       Points
1st Porto 70
2nd Sporting 69
3rd Benfica 58

If my team wasn't corrupted with injuries then I probably could have stormed the league! Towards the end and right at the start of the season my team was untouchable! I was able to win some silverware however, beat Leiria 3-1 in the Taca de Portugal Final. Leandro with 2 goals and Alberto Rodriguez with the third.

Best players in the team were:

Leandro, well worth the sacrifice of the finances costing me £9m. Shame he was murdered with little injuries that kept ruining his form. Was still the league top scorer despite only playing as a striker for the second half of the season.

Fernandez, Could have been a lot more productive if he wasnt plagued with injuries but aswell quality performance.

Toloi, didn't cost me much and was very consistent in the defence, great player

Towarding the end of the season for most nations, my scouts are beginning to find some good talent now, the only one that my scouts have found so far is this guy:

Author:   shandy
Date:   Nov 27, 11 at 4:16pm (PST)
Season 1 - Apollon Limassol
Media Prediction : 5th
Board Expectation: 4th

Transfers In: Transfers Out:
Bhongolwethu Jayiya : £110k : 01.07.2011 Giannis Dimitriou : £20k : 08.07.2011 (Pegeia)
Valentinos Siellas : £200k : 01.01.2012 Helton Dos Reis : £100k : 01.01.2012 (Excelsior)
Ousmane Berthe : £60k : 06.01.2012
Hamed Namouchi : Free : 13.01.2012

Opening Stage:

The Cypriot top flight consists of 26 games, each team playing each other twice. The league is then split into 3, a Championship stage (top 4), a second group of 4 (5-8) and a relegation group (9-12) with the bottom two sides going down (13,14).

Key Results:

Apollon L. 3-0 APOEL
Apollon L. 3-1 Omonoia
Apollon L. 2-0 Ermis Ar.

Key Players:

Bhongolwethu Jayiya - CF
Mohamed Bangura - AMC
Miroslav Matusovic - AML
Antonio Nunez - AMR
Giorgos Merkas - DC

Final League Table

The final stage sees each of the top 4 play each other twice, the two games against APOEL being key. We also have a Quarter Final Second Leg to play and anything after that if we advance.

Author:   ConKaka
Date:   Nov 29, 11 at 12:17pm (PST)
FC PORTO 2011-2012 STORY OF MY SEASON.

SEASON REVIEW:

For me, this season was a huge success. We managed to pick up 5 trophies in total. We dominated the League and only lost twice all season, although we were 23 games unbeaten so to lose 2 towards the end was disappointing. We slipped out of the Champions League in the group stages after a poor final game. However, this left room for us to go on and dominate the EURO cup and we did that in style beating PSV, PSG, Lazio and Tottenham on the way to the final where we beat Man City 2-0. We also managed to win the Taça de Portugal, the Portuguese League Cup and the Supertaça.

TOP 5 SCORERS:

PLAYED SCORED AVR RATING

HULK 49 35 7.87
KLÉBER 45 28 7.51
SOW 30 24 7.73
JAMÉS 55 23 7.43
ROLANDO 48 18 7.73

KEY PERFORMERS:

JAMÉS; What a star, in my opinion the key player for me this season. Cutting in from the left wing to score 23 goals and assist 15. Big clubs are after him but I'm not selling.

HULK; What another star, some say he's too effective up front to be put on a wing but I thought I'd try something different. I put him in his supposed more "natural" right wing position and he excelled. Scoring 35 goals along the way and an incredible 29 assists.

MOUSSA SOW; Started his FCP career amazingly, would of finished top scorer if he hadn't of gotten injured. Expect him to be right up there next season if I can keep him fully fit.

ROLANDO & OTAMENDI; Both of these players deserve a mention, the former racked up a total of 18 goals from set pieces which was impressive. The latter, however, went about his job with minimal fuss. I don't want to break this partnership up for a while because they're two quality defenders.

FINAL SUMMARY:

All in all, a great season and a better season that I expected. Next seasons expectations are high but I'm up to the challenge. The finances are in need of some help so I aim to raise funds whichever way I can without letting key players go.

Any comments are welcome!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.