Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Story of Your Season & Career - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1692811-story-of-your-season-career/2.htm

Author:   Jono
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 3:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: Story of Your Season & Career
-------------------------------------------
seanburns92 hows zaha coming along?

Author:   seanburns92
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 3:33am (PST)
Not really had the time to check him out. Looks like he could really be the part, just lacks a bit more composure and finishing. Going to send him on loan this season and see how he does and develops. Done wonders for Wisdom and Coady this season, both in my "team" at the minute.

EDIT: Jono, Zaha just finished top goalscorer at the French Invitational for the Under 21's, 5 goals

Author:   Jono
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 10:03am (PST)
too bad he's only a -8 on the editor

Author:   Drachbo
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 12:07pm (PST)
Nicely written ricky706 and seanburns92. Enjoyed reading both your progresses.

Author:   jackknife
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 3:59pm (PST)
yeah really liked ur story m8, but ur already playing southampton stoy now i need to find other team go make a story, bit more original, right?

Author:   ricky706
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 4:51pm (PST)
Na you can still post your season progress on here it will be interesting to see how differently 2 seasons can be with the same teams in terms of players in and out and results over the season etc.

Author:   jackknife
Date:   Nov 02, 11 at 12:18pm (PST)
allright i guess ill start this weekend with my seasons preparations

-buys/sells players
-team/starting 11 and the formations

end eventual rest will be a suprise, be aware i am not perfect with my english

Author:   berglufc
Date:   Nov 02, 11 at 7:21pm (PST)
will update my spurs at end of season. only 5 games in at the mo so along way to go ha

Author:   Danger
Date:   Nov 02, 11 at 8:02pm (PST)
Started off as PSG, I'll give a run down on how the past two seasons have went for me.

Paris Saint-Germain
Season 2011/12

Transfers In

Transfers Out

League Table

Domestic Cups

Europe

Paris Saint-Germain
Season 2012/13

Transfers In

Transfers Out

League Table

Domestic Cups

Europe

After taking Manchester United to penalties in the Champions League Final, I decided it was time to move on as I didn't think I could improve PSG to the standard to compete with the likes of Man Utd, Barclona and Real Madrid, despite the owners being billionaires but are rather stingy with the money!

Sir Alex Ferguson decided to call it a day at the end of the season and I was linked with the Man Utd hotspot and decided to declare my interest in the position to be offered the job the following day, which I accepted.

Manchester United
Season 2013/14

TBC...

Date:   Nov 02, 11 at 8:47pm (PST)
Nice stuff Danger, but why United :'(

Author:   garthy1706
Date:   Nov 02, 11 at 9:54pm (PST)
quote seanburns92
Nice stuff Danger, but why United :'(

Because they won have more league titles than anyone else

Date:   Nov 03, 11 at 3:44pm (PST)
False, Liverpool have won 20 top flight titles, but 2 don't go to our record because they were won during World War 2 when the league was split between North and South, but we still beat United to 2  FACT!

I'll hopefully be posting my 2nd season some time tonight, 11 league games left so I should hopefully have it up in a couple of hours.

Author:   garthy1706
Date:   Nov 03, 11 at 7:42pm (PST)
Eastleigh FC 2012/2013

After staying clear of relegation and nearly getting into the play-offs the board wanted to get promotion this seasons, whether it was winning the league or through the play offs. I was fairly confident with the players I had, but Pablo Counago left the club as he wouldn't sign a new contract. I managed to keep Jamil Adam though and he managed to score lots of goals.

Transfers

After keeping the nucleus of the squad from last season they weren't many position I really needed to strengthen but the youth at the club were poor so when the big clubs realeased there youth players I decided to sign some of them with a view of them being in the first team in a couple of years time. The only position I really needed to strengthen was in the middle of the park, out on the wing and someone to partner Jamil. I raided Queens Park of a couple of there good players as I knew I could get them for nothing. I also signed a regen who was released by Brondby who has some good stats for a non league player.

I also released a lot of players who didn't perform much last year to free up some funds for the wage budget.

FA Trophy

When the competition started I went out with the feeling that we could go far so would play my strongest 11's. In the first couple I gave my youth a chance as we were playing teams below us, so took replays to settle the ties. I then played my best 11 and beat Ebsfleet comfortably. When it came to playing Woking though my first team were tired and I wasn't fussed if we progressed further so played my youth and lost easily.

FA Cup

I really wanted to do well in the FA Cup as the clubs finances are poor so a good cup run would do wonders. We had a pretty easy draw to the 1st round and dispatched of each team quite comfortably. When it came to the first round draw I wanted a League One side at home to bring in some revenue. It wasn't to be and we faced Weston Super Mare away. A 2-0 win was enough to send us through to the next round were we travelled to Barnet. I was confident of pulling off an upset and they did winning 3-0. In the third round I wanted to go to Old Trafford or The Emirates but instead we travelled to Dagenham and Redbridge. We managed to draw 1-1 to bring them back to Easleigh, where a fantastic first half performance meant we won 4-1. We then got a decent tie at home to Stoke. The games was on TV so netted the club £140,000. This is where the dream ended as Stoke won 5-0.

Blue Sqaure South

We had a great first half to the season only losing 1 game and drawing 5. We set ourselves up nicely for the 2nd half of the season and if it carried on then I would get the team promoted.

We continued the fine form up until the end of January when tiredness started to take control and games we were winning before, we were now drawing or losing. I brought a couple of loans in to help freshen up the squad and it did the trick ensuring we went into the last 4 games 3 points ahead of 2nd placed Ebsfleet.

With only 4 games to go the title was in our hands. Win the reaming games and the title was ours. We started off with a win against Weston Super Mare. We then played already relegated Gloucester, winning quite easily. To make things even better Ebsfleet lost which meant a point from the last 2 games and the title was ours. It was a nervy affair against Boreham Wood but we got the point that sealed the title. We then went and beat Ebsfleet on the last day of the season.

Date:   Nov 03, 11 at 8:07pm (PST)
Gratz garthy, a good season there and a good FA Cup run! Had a game with Eastliegh last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good luck in the BSP, fingers crossed for back-to-back promotions eh? 

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Nov 03, 11 at 8:39pm (PST)
Nice stuff Garthy. Well done on promotion and the good FA Cup run!

Keep it up for next season, mate!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.