Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Story of Your Season & Career - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1692811-story-of-your-season-career/14.htm

Author:   Cowdenbeath rule
Date:   Jun 10, 12 at 8:52am (PST)
Subject:   re: Story of Your Season & Career
-------------------------------------------

Fenerbahçe Spor Kulübü

Decided to start off in one of Europe's 'lesser leagues' and so started here with Sunday league rep so I could build it up and win as much as possible in Europe.

I started with very little finances and so signed Topal on loan and Meira as a free back-up centre back. I was then given £6,000,000 to spend in January so decided to splash out on Burdisso to shore up my rocky defense.

League Table

As you can see I finished second in the league by 2 points which meant when it came to the championship group I started off 1 point behind Galatasaray.

After the 6 games I managed to make up the extra point needed and won the Turkish Süper Lig by 1 goal.

Turkish Cup

Disappointingly I lost in the semi-finals to Galatasaray 2-1 and so my dreams of the double were over.

Top Performers

Volkan Demirel - 44 games - 43 conceded - 18 clean sheets - 6.93 avg rating
Guillermo Burdisso - 21(1) games - 5 goals - 1 assist - 7.54 avg rating
Emre Belözoğlu - 41 games - 4 goals - 8 assists - 7.08 avg rating
Alex - 41 games - 15 goals - 23 assists - 7.38 avg rating
Moussa Sow - 25(3) games - 23 games - 7 goals - 7.58 avg rating

Next Season

- Retain my League title
- Win the Turkish Cup
- Last 16 of the Champions League or the Europa League semi-finals

Author:   HazzaMatee
Date:   Jun 12, 12 at 6:06pm (PST)
Started the game as Aston Villa and got the sack for finishing 15th,So Ive taken over Norwich city who have been relegated to the championship,and would like to get promotion first attempt.

Author:   tommypritch
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 2:03pm (PST)
[img link=]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?num=10&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1366&bih=659&tbm=isch&tbnid=gvuYVS8K5QrRrM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Shakhtar_Donetsk&docid=-ozxPqwRXCP6gM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/20/FC_Shakhtar_Donetsk.png/150px-FC_Shakhtar_Donetsk.png&w=150&h=237&ei=OnTrT-zROcjY8QOs3OXLBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=182&vpy=187&dur=4013&hovh=189&hovw=120&tx=91&ty=75&sig=101666339122726343084&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=83&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:126[/img]

Shakhtar Donetsk

I am in January now, i will put pictures of table and team up but whenever i press print screen nothing happens, but dont worry ill do it, im currently top of the league and in the quarter-finals of the Ukranian Cup.

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 2:04pm (PST)
[img][/img]

Shakhtar Donetsk

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 2:09pm (PST)

Date:   Jun 29, 12 at 4:08am (PST)

Shakhtar Donetsk

I started 2 weeks ago and i'm top of the league after 15 games and in the quarters of the Ukranian Cup against Vorskla who are crap. Im playing a 4-2-4
Pyatov
Srna Chygrinksi Kucher Shevchuk

Fernandinho Alex Teixera

Douglas Costa Dentinho/Willian

Seleznyov/Eduardo

The ratings for both wingers are in the 8's, eduardo is abouit 7.5, seleznyov is 7.10, Fernandinho and teixera are almost 8, and the back for are 7.7. But i am bottom of my champs league group, i have Lille, Dinamo (Croatia), and Inter, i lost the first game to inter 1-0, drew with dinamo 1-1 at home, and then had 24 atempts against lille, 13 on target, lille had 2 shots, 1 on target and scored, it was hazard who scored, but in thje reverse fixture against lille in france i won 1-0, but then away to dinamo i was leading 1-0 and 2nd in table, but then dinamo who were 3rd came back and scored 2, so im practically out, but as long as i win the league and cup i will be happy:

Author:   blogmybrain
Date:   Jul 19, 12 at 5:53am (PST)
Well I am new to the game so till now I don't have any story. But all of your stories are really interesting. I hope in next season I will also share my story.

Author:   SCOtoESP
Date:   Jul 19, 12 at 9:18am (PST)
Just started as Ajax so here is my pre season results and transfers so far:
IN
Jamal Blackman(Free) from chelsea-A young goalkeper with 4 star potential and already 1 star ability should be back up by next season
OUT
Mounir El Hamdaoui(5m) to Vitesse- I use a strikerless formation so would not play a part in team
Miralem Sulejmani(3.5m) to Bordeux- Would be third or fourth choice in all his postions so i saw no point in keeping him as back up
Eyong Enoh(1m)to Al-ittihad- would of been 3 choice DM and 5th choice CM
Ricardo Kip(500) to Roda JC-Had only 2 star potential any money for him was a bonus.
Ricardo Van Rhijin(loan) to Emmen- Wasnt going to get games for first team so sent him out for experience
Kenneth Vermeer(loan)to Man City- Couldnt sell Verhoerven so kept him as back up and loaned out vermeer with can be recalled so if Cilessen gets injured he can come back.
Pre Season
2-0 lose to Arsenal away(Was a friendly only to get money)
2-0 lose to Man City away (was a friendly only to get money
2-1 win vs Braga away (very impressed with team had 64% possesion with 85 % passes completed very good for pre season)
2-0 win vs Beira-Mar away (an easier friendly so my players had much time on the ball and they could build up morale)
Tactic
Gk(sweeper keeper-attack)
Rb(wing back-attack)
both cb(ball playing defender-defend)
Lb(full back-support)
Dmc(Anchor Man-defend)
Mcr(deep laying playmaker-support)
Mcl(Avanced Playmaker-attack)
Amr(Inside forward-attack)
Amc(trequartisa-attack)
Amcl(Advanced Playmaker-support)

thanks for reading any suggestions are welcome
More updates to follow every 3 months

Author:   dinthead93
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 11:02am (PST)
Started with Everton the other day and I'm doing pretty well so far. I'm on FM Weegies updated database and managed to get Nene on loan and got Junior Hoilett on a free transfer. Baines got injured in pre-season so I signed Arthur Boka on loan for the season. Sitting 3rd after 14 games and just had one of my most exciting finished to a game for a long while, made more exciting by who we were playing.

Author:   Atticus Finch
Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 2:55am (PST)
Started as Arsenal. (The mighty Gunners <3)
Finished the 11-12 season, 3rd place, Champions League under my belt, not too shabby.
12-13 season, finish 6th, FA Cup under my belt again, alright not that bad.
13-14 season, finish 13th, get the sack, David Moyes takes over. Apply for a club called Chester in Blue Square Prem. Finish 1st, take the trophy, get promoted to npower 2.
14-15, come second as Chester in npower 2, get promoted to npower 1. Had to let my youth CM Aaron Flanagan go on a Free Transfer because he wouldn't renew.
15-16. come 6th in npower 1. Clearly cannot cope, look for a job, none. Next thing you know Stoke's manager was sacked and I was the leading manager to take the hotseat, so I applied for the job. Got the job, Stoke were at 16th place with 15 games to go. Finished 4th.
16-17, Re-signed Aaron Flanagan to Stoke, providing the creative spark to Stoke. Flopped the playoffs in npower champ losing to Ipswich 3-1.
17-18, Still ongoing.

I've got 1 premier trophy from the Blue Sq. Prem and 6 other trophies to make a total of 7.

Author:   LeytonOrientForever
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 8:01am (PST)
quote Atticus Finch
Started as Arsenal. (The mighty Gunners <3)
Finished the 11-12 season, 3rd place, Champions League under my belt, not too shabby.
12-13 season, finish 6th, FA Cup under my belt again, alright not that bad.
13-14 season, finish 13th, get the sack, David Moyes takes over. Apply for a club called Chester in Blue Square Prem. Finish 1st, take the trophy, get promoted to npower 2.
14-15, come second as Chester in npower 2, get promoted to npower 1. Had to let my youth CM Aaron Flanagan go on a Free Transfer because he wouldn't renew.
15-16. come 6th in npower 1. Clearly cannot cope, look for a job, none. Next thing you know Stoke's manager was sacked and I was the leading manager to take the hotseat, so I applied for the job. Got the job, Stoke were at 16th place with 15 games to go. Finished 4th.
16-17, Re-signed Aaron Flanagan to Stoke, providing the creative spark to Stoke. Flopped the playoffs in npower champ losing to Ipswich 3-1.
17-18, Still ongoing.

I've got 1 premier trophy from the Blue Sq. Prem and 6 other trophies to make a total of 7.
Just have to say what a great name you have. Love How to kill a Mockingbird.

Author:   ccfc_joe
Date:   Aug 12, 12 at 1:27pm (PST)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpPlS3c-lWM&feature=youtu.be

Author:   Crowy
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 4:03pm (PST)

Tottenham Hotspur
2011/2012

Pre Season

I was given £28.5M to finish in the Europa League places, but my main aim was to reach the Champions League spots which with this squad we were more than capable of. I had teams interested in Rafael Van Der Vaart, Luka Modric and Gareth Bale so knew it was going to be a tough summer to hold on to all of them.

Transfers

I managed to signe Cavani for £30M at the start of the season and I bought in Yaya Sanogo for back-up for 800K, Marc-Andre ter Stegen came in January when the board give me £16M more to spend.

As you can see I got rid of quite a bit of dead wood like Jenas, Huddlestone, Bassong, Defoe and Caulker, I know some are on loan but will look for permanent deals for thm in the summer. I managed to keep on to my main players, Modric wanted a move to a bigger club but I convinced him to stay for one more year and promised to meet his ambitions.

Formation

As you can see it's a bit of an unorthodox formation but I saw this formation on a different forum and thought it would be perfect for Spurs, so I used the formation but integrated my own player/team instructions.

Squad Stats

This is for all competitions, but as you can see Cavani had a fantastic year scoring 55 in all competitions. He scored 44 in the league and 11 in the Europa League.

Premier League

League Table

We got off to a slow start initially but then had a fantastic 22 game unbeaten run which got us back in to the title race, the crucial game I had was against Arsenal at the Emirates that finished 2-2 whilst Man City won and took them 3 points clear but I had a game in hand so we went in to the final day joint on points. I was confident of beating West Brom at home but knew it was to much of an ask for West Ham to get a point at the Etihad

To be right up there though at the end of the season and losing out on goal difference is still fairly pleasing was expecting to finish 10 points off top two and battling for 3RD and 4TH.

Europa League

Group Stages

As you can see I had a fairly easy group, must admit I was expecting more of a challenge from Gladbach.

I went on to beat Bordeaux, Everton, FC Kobanhavn and Metalist on route to the final where I would face Lyon.

Final

Was pleasing to get my first piece of silverware even if it's the Europa League.

Summary

Overall I had a decent season I lost out on the league to goal difference, won the Europa league and got to the quarter final of the Capital One and FA cups. I think my most pleasing aspect of this season has to be Edinson Cavani has been a fantastic signing.

Next year I will look to improve my defence as I think that is the only area that needs improving to be honest, I may look to let Van Der Vaart move on and replace him with someone younger to if funds allow me to. I would also like to win a double next season.

Author:   ciaranod7
Date:   Aug 14, 12 at 4:19pm (PST)
So, I finally found the time to play some FM and decided to play as Man United using the new MUF update and...I JUST THUMPED NEWCASTLE 8-1. Rooney, NanI with one outrageous goal, Hernandez got a hattrick, Ferdinand got one as well before a diving header from Berba. ANYTHING CITY CAN DO, I CAN DO BETTER!!

Got Kagawa playing behind Rodney and Javier with alterations between Nani, Valencia and Young on the wing. Signed Flammini from Everton for £15 Mill, so far so good from him and I am on 4 games unbeaten with wins over Swansea, Norwich, Reading and Newcastle with games against Liverpool, Chelski and PSG coming up.

SS are coming

This message was edited on 2012-08-14T16:41:09-07:00.

Author:   SuperSharpShooter
Date:   Aug 30, 12 at 4:33am (PST)
Started a game as Swansea. Finished 6th in first season, 4th in second and won Euro Cup, currently lying top with 4 games to go and an FA Cup semi against Stoke...my main players are...

GK Vorm
DR Bocaly (9.5m)
DL Taylor
DC Munoz (5.5m)/Bodurov
DC Boyata (9m)
DMC Javi Garcia (12m)/Crisetig
MC Elm (4.6m)/Allen
MC Sigurdsson (3.4m) /Yaisien (free)
AMR Oscar (19.5m)/Dyer
AML Sinclair/Llajic (free)
ST Mbaye (9m) /Nangis (5m)

Even though Mbaye and Nangis are still only 19, they're still smashing it. Sigurdsson has a prem average of 7.71 with 16 assists so far. Oscar cost me 19.5m and I'm re-training him as an AMR due to Sigurdsson's form as MC. Fun times for Swansea fans!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.