Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Story of Your Season & Career - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1692811-story-of-your-season-career/13.htm

Author:   CosLamp
Date:   May 12, 12 at 3:01pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Story of Your Season & Career
-------------------------------------------
You'll go straight back down.

:>!

Author:   Suicide Messiah
Date:   May 13, 12 at 2:55am (PST)
That is not possible. Although I am finding it hard to find any players interested in signing, and I'm still in the red. D:

Although, I should sell more season tickets and fill my ground up a bit more this season!

Author:   Jono
Date:   May 22, 12 at 7:25am (PST)

2026/2027

Author:   Square
Date:   May 23, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
Great season Jono What the hell happened in the FA Cup?!

Your team looks great, your goalie is insane

Date:   May 23, 12 at 8:58pm (PST)
square i let my assistant take charge of that game

yeah my keeper is currently the best player in the game, and he cost me absolutely nothing. my left back is the second best in the world, and he only cost me 3.1m. good signings.

Author:   Square
Date:   May 24, 12 at 7:06am (PST)
Still not a good excuse to go out to Dagenham & Redbridge! They're my local team haha.

What happened in your other (previous) seasons? Is this the first time you've won the league?

Jono

Date:   May 24, 12 at 7:28pm (PST)
nah won it something like 8 times in a row, but might lose it this year, 12 games left and 5 points off tottenham, still a long time to go, but you never know. won champions league 5-6 times also.

pretty sure it was something like 24 shots to 4, played something like 8 first teamers aswell! shocking. Square

Author:   tukz_da_fm_king
Date:   May 26, 12 at 4:54am (PST)

Season 2011/2012

I've been searching for a game to get into for a while now, and on this year's additions ive never stuck to a Championship team. I was looking for a team in the Championship i can start a massive career with and hopefully take them to the top of Europe. I thought Reading would be a great start with the money in the club as well.

First season went absolutely perfect and as a whole its been a very enjoyable first season finally getting me excited about a long term game.
Here is the final league standings:

Promotion in first season was expect with the money i spent but was a great achievement, was a brilliant season and promotion at the first time was great to build this career on. The squad did really well in all competitions. I managed to get to the Qtr Final of the League Cup losing to Sunderland 4-1. On route to the Quaters i beat Chelsea on penalties which was my best result bar the promotion. Also got to the 5th round of the FA Cup, my 3rd round tie was Newcastle, the first match ended in a 3-3 draw and i manage to win the replay. Two great cup results against top level premier league teams was a good confidence boost in competiting hopefully next season.

With huge funds available in the Championship, i was keen to sign some young talent that will help me get promoted as well as could be future profitable signings.

Andile Jali and Bressan were both brilliant acquisitions for the club seeing as both were highly sought after by clubs in Europe. Both are too good for the Championship and both represent value for money and re-sale value. As we all know.

Jordan Rhodes, the goal scoring machine and one player i felt i really needed to help spearhead my promotion push. Injuries prevented him from playing as much as i liked but he still reached over 20 goals for the season which was great.

Nick Powell and Curtis Nelson were both young, English talents that i wanted to bring in to boost the squad and see how well they develop. I think Curtis Nelson has more potential than Nick Powell especially playing in the Premier League but we shall see.

Rivaldo was one of my favourite signings just for nostalgia and getting a bit of class in the team. I tried to get him to mentor Powell but they didn't agree personally. In 23 games he scored 4 and gave 7 assists which was perfect for the job he done for the side.

My best signing by far was Craig Dawson, at first i signed him on loan. In his first game he scored 2 goals. After his initial loan spell i felt i had to sign him up and he was on the transfer list for £1.5m. Here are his stats for the season, his loan spell was unreal.

13 games 8 goals is ridiculous for a defender to score. Really pleased with the season as a whole, heres hoping next season goes well and i stay in the Premier League.

Author:   FootballManagerBoy
Date:   May 27, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
quote tukz_da_fm_king

Season 2011/2012

I've been searching for a game to get into for a while now, and on this year's additions ive never stuck to a Championship team. I was looking for a team in the Championship i can start a massive career with and hopefully take them to the top of Europe. I thought Reading would be a great start with the money in the club as well.

First season went absolutely perfect and as a whole its been a very enjoyable first season finally getting me excited about a long term game.

Promotion in first season was expect with the money i spent but was a great achievement, was a brilliant season and promotion at the first time was great to build this career on. The squad did really well in all competitions. I managed to get to the Qtr Final of the League Cup losing to Sunderland 4-1. On route to the Quaters i beat Chelsea on penalties which was my best result bar the promotion. Also got to the 5th round of the FA Cup, my 3rd round tie was Newcastle, the first match ended in a 3-3 draw and i manage to win the replay. Two great cup results against top level premier league teams was a good confidence boost in competiting hopefully next season.

With huge funds available in the Championship, i was keen to sign some young talent that will help me get promoted as well as could be future profitable signings.

Andile Jali and Bressan were both brilliant acquisitions for the club seeing as both were highly sought after by clubs in Europe. Both are too good for the Championship and both represent value for money and re-sale value. As we all know.

Jordan Rhodes, the goal scoring machine and one player i felt i really needed to help spearhead my promotion push. Injuries prevented him from playing as much as i liked but he still reached over 20 goals for the season which was great.

Nick Powell and Curtis Nelson were both young, English talents that i wanted to bring in to boost the squad and see how well they develop. I think Curtis Nelson has more potential than Nick Powell especially playing in the Premier League but we shall see.

Rivaldo was one of my favourite signings just for nostalgia and getting a bit of class in the team. I tried to get him to mentor Powell but they didn't agree personally. In 23 games he scored 4 and gave 7 assists which was perfect for the job he done for the side.

My best signing by far was Craig Dawson, at first i signed him on loan. In his first game he scored 2 goals. After his initial loan spell i felt i had to sign him up and he was on the transfer list for £1.5m. Here are his stats for the season, his loan spell was unreal.

13 games 8 goals is ridiculous for a defender to score. Really pleased with the season as a whole, heres hoping next season goes well and i stay in the Premier League.
Excellent Season, By any chance what was your tactic?

Author:   mitjamvp
Date:   May 28, 12 at 9:17am (PST)
My Career from 2011 to now (2023):

2011-2012: German third division champions (Promotion)
2012-2013: 2nd in German second division (Promotion)
2013-2014: 3rd in German Bundesliga
2014-2015: Bundesliga champions
2015-2016: German Super Cup winners, Bundesliga champions, Liga Europa winner
2016-2017: German cup winners, Bundesliga champions
2017-2018: 2nd. in Bundesliga
2018-2019: Bundesliga winners, German cup winners, Champions League winners

Resigned from Osnabruck, leaving the club after being listed clubs legend, and the stadium is named after me.
The club kept on playing well after my resignation and they won 3 more Bundesligas with a new manager in charge. They are now highest rated team in Germany and 4th richest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. 7. 2019 Took the newly promoted Crystal Palace job. They were predicted last in the league.

2019-2020: Finished 3rd in Premiership. Knocked out in semi final of FA cup

Resigned from Crystal Palace. Wanted to win the league immediately and leave England.

24. 5. 2020 Apointed as Man City manager. They finished 6th in the league previous season. Got huge amount of money with main goal to win the league. Almost all players i brought to the club were former Palace and Osnabruck players. I lost 3 league matches, 2 of them were last 2 league matches. 128 goals scored, and 32 conceded. Almost 100 goal difference. 70 goals scored in Europa League.

2020-2021 Won premiership , Europa League, League cup

Resigned from Man City.

5.8. 2021 Apointed as AC Milan manager. The finished 7th previous season and were in huge financial problems.

2021-2022 Serie A winners

Resigned from AC Milan

4.9 2022 Apointed as Belgrano manager. The finished 9th previous season in Argentine top division.

2022-2023: Won Opening stage, Closing stage, Premier Division (obvious), and Copa Libertadores.

Now getting ready for World Club Championship.

I also had lots of unsucesfull adventures with national teams. I am just not the guy to manage national teams.

PAST EXPERIENCE: sunday-league footballer

Author:   tukz_da_fm_king
Date:   May 29, 12 at 8:31am (PST)
quote FootballManagerBoy
quote tukz_da_fm_king

Season 2011/2012

Excellent Season, By any chance what was your tactic?
Cheers mate, i was pleased didn't know what it would be like as i havent got into championship games.

I played a 4-2-3-1 with an AMR AMC AND AML with two DMC

I also played a 4-4-2 with the Left winger as a AML

Second season went average i managed to finish 16th so managed to survive, wasn't the greatest of seasons was hoping for better.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   May 29, 12 at 8:39am (PST)
That's an awesome save you have there Mitjamvp! I'm looking to do something similar after starting as Schalke first season, winning th GC and Bundesliga and leaving them in 1st place and in the KO of the CL in Dec 2012 for Valencia. They were 17th and I couldn't attract any big players and I finished 4th with them. Will leave after I win La Liga.

Author:   ho1mesy2011
Date:   Jun 05, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
Arsenal 2014/2015 season Review

Community Shield

A great way to start any season seeing your kids thrash Manchester United a 2nd Community shield

League Cup

Some great results from the kids again thrashing Premier league clubs before Neymar scored the winner late on in the Final to give me my first League cup.

F.A Cup

After winning the F.A Cup last year i was hoping to retain it but that didn't happen as we found are self 2-0 down within 5 minutes against Norwich and just couldn't get back into it

Premier League

A record 97 points saw us take the premier league for the 3rd time in 4 years and the 100 goal tally was beaten again Disappointing part was Fulham did the Double over us other dropped points was 5 to United and defeats away to Spurs and Liverpool

Champions League

the groups went pretty well winning 7-0 home and away to Wien That was the only time I won away all tournament my Home form though saw me through to the Final after draws in Eidenhoven and Manchester were followed by simple wins at the Emirates The semis saw us lose the away leg 3-2 but an amazing defence and a goal from Gibbs(his first ever for me) saw us go to Wales where another brilliant defence and a 120th minute goal from Neymar saw us once again crowned Champions of Europe

The Team

Goalkeepers

19 clean sheets in 32 apperence saw the Poll come second in the golden glove and help us to the second best defensive record in the league

the best second choice keeper i could have played a big part in the league cup and Champions league win Keeping 9 clean sheets in 13 for the latter tournament only managed 6 league games though not bad for 1million pounds last season.

Defenders

Only the second player to come through my academy with any real potential(4 star)made his debut age 15 on the final day of the season will keep him in the first team squad give him a few games till he signs professional contract before sending him on loan to a feeder club.

Brought in for the future for 6 million at the beginning of the season scored 5 goals in 8 cup games(not bad for a defender) also got a goal and an assist in the premier league from 2(7) apperences

Joined For 12million January last year and has been amazing when fit this year only Managed 21 starts in all competition due to injury avg 7.26

an amazing player done so well for me over the past two years but at 31 and atm asking for 125k a week it looks like he could be on his way out

Another great season for him after the disappointment of last year i almost sold him but he kept on playing and showed me the kinda defending he had in the first 2 seasons as well as chipping in some goals.

brought in for 3.4 million the youngster had a very good season playing 14 times (1 in the league 6 in the cups and 7 in the champions league) avg 7.31

added great cover at both centre back and Left back making 29 apperences in all competition avg 7.35

due to Injuries the 32 year old played more games than anyone else(43) with a year left on his contract am hoping to tie him down to a long term contract and see him retire at the club.

the lb had an injury hit season but did manage 26 apperences in all competition in which he avg 7.27

Sime had just played 11 games when he damaged his Cruciate Ligaments ruling him out for up to a year

a great cover for the left back position and happy enough to be second choice averaged 7.21 in 24 games and scored his first goal to put us in the champions league final.

Midfield

with several players ahead of him i tried to sell song but he refused to leave due to loving the club to much will try again this season and if not will just have to leave on a free.

transfer listed at just 2 million last January i couldn't not bring him in a great first full season for the defensive midfielder

signed for 3.9 million from Southampton academy one for the future hopefully

such a great player and such a shame that he will probably leave in the summer unless he takes a wage cut due to Younger players with more potential playing in his positions

Young player cost me 16million which at the time i thought may of been to much but if he continues to play aswell as he has done then he will stay at the club for a long time.

came from my own academy a brilliant player played every game in the champions league avg 7.14 scoring 3 and setting up 2

due to lots of players playing were he can play had little opertunity this season may send him out on loan next year.

again managed very little games due to others may loan or even sell

my tactic has no wingers and he didn't do very well as a mid/attacking mid/striker plus want's a 30k wage increase so will look to sell

played 37 scored 5 assist 4 avg 6.99 not good enough for 100k a week and despite bringing him back as he is a club legend can see him being sold

32 assist and 15 goals in 37 apperences that is all i am going to say

If he was at any other club he would be first choice but unfortuantly for him Jack is at the club 6 goals and 14 assists in 12(7) games

8 assists in 8 games avg 8,07 not bad for 1k

8 goals and 5 assists in 31 matches not a bad return but more importantly he top the pass completion rate with over 90%

Strikers

came in for a massive 40million(10 upfront 10 over 48months and then another 20 based on goals/apperences) scoring 11 in 20 apperences not the best return but as 2 of them were winning goals in both the league cup and champions league final its ok

11 goals and 5 assists in 16 apperences proved to be a great season for the young Italian

Ongenda came in at the beginning of the season for free a young player with high potential ended the season with 24 goals and 13 assists

Damiao missed a large part of the season but still finished with 14 goals in 18 starts

after spending last season at loan at Zenit Fierro returned to the club and scored 11 goals in 16 starts

another free a couple of years back he has a decent record still only young scored 8 in 8(8) apperences

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
Not sure if im allowed to put these on here...

Episode 1 - http://youtu.be/FOWPH__Wr7U
Episode 2 - http://youtu.be/bh1zuk_JA0w

Author:   ccfc_joe
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 1:43pm (PST)
Hi, this is my first post in this thread. I started as my local team and the team I love, Cardiff City. It was a fantastic season overall for us as we won the Npower Championship. We were just a point above Southampton who had to settle for 2nd place.

In the Carling cup, we managed to get to the Quarter Finals after beating Chelsea 3-2 and Blackburn 1-0. However we lost 1-0 against Wigan. The highlight of the competition for me was Rudy Gestede's 85th minute thunderbolt to knock Chelsea out of the cup. A very pleasing cup campaign.

In the FA cup we were poor, after scraping past Derby at Pride Park, we went to the Riverside and lost 2-1 to a decent Middlesborough side. I was pretty disappointed with our performance in the FA cup, however the league and Carling cup performances made up for that.

The most disappointing performance in the league was a 3-1 loss at Ashton Gate to Bristol City where everything seemed to go wrong, however we picked ourselves up and managed to beat Leeds United away with a very inspiring performance.

I felt we pulled off some good deals this season in the transfer market, eyebrows were raised when we sold two star players, Peter Whittingham and Kevin McNaughton for a combined fee of just under £6million. However, we signed 6 players for £2million and loaned Haris Vukic and we looked ready for the season. My favourite transfer this season was by far the capture of Nacho Novo for under £200k in January. His experience, work rate and overall will to win was key in our title winning season. Whittingham had a decent enough season in the Premier league with Stoke, where he made a small contribution to their fantastic league position of 6th (going into the last 2 games of the season). Kevin McNaughton had a great season in Scotland with Celtic, playing a major part in their title winning season whereas Steven McPhail also became one of the first names on the team sheet for Motherwell.

We are strongly looking forward to next season, however I am unsure if we can beat the drop, with signings like one we have lined up, Alberto Paloschi, we'll certainly have a chance, who knows?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.