Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: FM Therapy Couch - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1691453-fm-therapy-couch/12.htm

Author:   Phelix
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 9:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: FM Therapy Couch
-------------------------------------------
Crowy thanks for the credit. ArsenalNo1Fan That machine will be fine to play FM. I have my doubts as to whether it would run at high speed, perhaps with only a few (less than 4) leagues running with maybe 2-3 divisions in each nation.

The RAM is good, but the processor is one of the lower end of Intel's range. It's onboard graphics means that the 3D match engine will be jerky at the highest settings, though you should have a good experience overall.

Depending on how much you want to spend try and get something with a Core i3/5 processor and a dedicated graphics card. I know my old man bought my sister a Toshiba at Christmas for around $500AUD (~330 GBP). The dedicated graphics card is the biggest thing that will improve your game experience in my opinion, making match day that much more enjoyable.

Hope I helped.

Author:   ArsenalNo1Fan
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 10:27pm (PST)
quote Phelix
Crowy thanks for the credit. ArsenalNo1Fan That machine will be fine to play FM. I have my doubts as to whether it would run at high speed, perhaps with only a few (less than 4) leagues running with maybe 2-3 divisions in each nation.

The RAM is good, but the processor is one of the lower end of Intel's range. It's onboard graphics means that the 3D match engine will be jerky at the highest settings, though you should have a good experience overall.

Depending on how much you want to spend try and get something with a Core i3/5 processor and a dedicated graphics card. I know my old man bought my sister a Toshiba at Christmas for around $500AUD (~330 GBP). The dedicated graphics card is the biggest thing that will improve your game experience in my opinion, making match day that much more enjoyable.

Hope I helped.

Thanks a lot for your reply. The graphics card was something I was a bit skeptical about as i'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Looks like I'll have to up my price range a bit

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 10:36pm (PST)
Phelix, if I was to buy a graphics card, which would you recommend? Also what would I do with it after purchase? Take it to PC World or something similar?

Got an Asus laptop last month with 6GB Ram and an i7 processor.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 11:15pm (PST)
Liverpool_96 - Most notebook's aren't capable of having a graphics card fitted if it doesn't come in the original specs. Let me know the model of your notebook and I will look into it for you.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 11:17pm (PST)
quote Phelix
Liverpool_96 - Most notebook's aren't capable of having a graphics card fitted if it doesn't come in the original specs. Let me know the model of your notebook and I will look into it for you.

This is the laptop.

Date:   Feb 29, 12 at 11:43pm (PST)
Yeh, most (if not all) notebooks these days are configured to not be upgradable, apart from perhaps the hard drive and RAM. The notebook you have is at the high end of on-board graphics and will be fine for FM, though I wouldn't expect to be running things like Crysis at the highest settings.

Author:   Severance
Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 3:11pm (PST)
Basically, I've started a game as Liverpool and set my previous experience to "Professional footballer", but whenever I give my team-talks players just switch off and their morale drops. It stops me getting morale from wins, it's like I'm always losing games. 

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Mar 01, 12 at 3:21pm (PST)
quote Severance
Basically, I've started a game as Liverpool and set my previous experience to "Professional footballer", but whenever I give my team-talks players just switch off and their morale drops. It stops me getting morale from wins, it's like I'm always losing games. 

Only rep I've had success team talk wise in the prem is international footballer, anything else seems to get negative feedback from the players about your lack of experience

Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 3:22am (PST)
Oh *bleep* off you *bleep* of a game! Playing Leeds in the FA Cup, fielded a weakened side and it's 1-1 and gone to extra-time. The ref decides now is the best time to become a Leeds fan and gives then 2 (TWO!) bullshit penalties for no reason. Go on to lose 3-1, *bleep* off.

Author:   Benjamino
Date:   Mar 02, 12 at 10:23pm (PST)
Rage quitting constantly trying to play Spurs.

Because City are too *bleep*ing good they're top on GD but have played two games more and have won their last 6 I swear by like 4 goals each time, it's mental. I've beaten them and United already, but Spurs I cannot beat. We always give away cheap goals (Ter Stegen letting a weak shot in... *bleep* OFF FM!) or have players needlessly sent off (Flanagan you silly *bleep* I will slap you).

Date:   Mar 03, 12 at 10:17pm (PST)
Why am I losing so many games!? I'm the better team, I have better players but we're playing like *bleep*ing down-syndromes. Also, why are Man Utd so *bleep*ing overrated on this game!? I understand they're good, but on this they're probably better than Barcelona! Rooney, 39 goals in 38 games, get to *bleep*.

Author:   Philip Ivanov
Date:   Mar 04, 12 at 4:28pm (PST)
Whenever we are up by 1 goal by the 80th minute, the opposition become gods and start handing out the 30-yarders, surely freak goals do happen, but not *bleep*ing 10 times in a season

This message was edited on 2012-03-04T16:41:25-08:00.

Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 10:29am (PST)
I've just played Sunderland as Liverpool. I've beat them 2-0, Suarez scored both, yet it's gone down as a 1-0 win and Daniel Agger got the goal  Suarez finished with a 5.8 as well.

Author:   hullfclegend
Date:   Mar 05, 12 at 1:09pm (PST)
Bleeping Shit Keepers

Author:   jabs_7
Date:   Mar 07, 12 at 9:23pm (PST)
Cant score, cant defend, cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.