Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Chelsea F.C - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1691175-chelsea/

Author:   tidus04
Date:   Oct 22, 11 at 8:10pm (PST)
Subject:   Chelsea F.C
-------------------------------------------
Anyone else playing a game as Chelsea?

I am just about to start my first PL game and it's against Q.P.R away, and then I got Manchester United at home, wonderful start I must say. My main 11 is this;

Cech

Bosingwa - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel

Anelka - Lampard - Mata

Torres

Sub 11: Hilario, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Alex, Bertrand, Meireles, Romeu, Kalou, Sturridge, Malouda, Drogba.

Looking on winning the PL first season and take anything else I can, main aims for the club are to cut down expenditure (mainly wages), Bring through more youth and become the best club in the word. Plans atm are to allow Anelka, Drogba and Kalou to leave at the end of the season and get Sturridge, McEachren and Lakuka on loan if anyone will take them. And thats about it, pre-season results were 5 wins, 1 draw which included 15 goals for and non against. I won't be signing any players until January to make it realistic so I'm stuck with what I got but I don't mind it. Something to build on I spose. Would rather have a better RW, but meh.

Edit: I just noticed I had done that but someone has reported the other post so I am unable to delete it now, just have to be left for a moderator. Cheers Smith1994.

Author:   Smith1994
Date:   Oct 22, 11 at 8:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Chelsea F.C
tidus04 use this thread delete the other one.

Author:   Smith1994
Date:   Oct 22, 11 at 8:18pm (PST)
quote tidus04
Anyone else playing a game as Chelsea?
Edit: I just noticed I had done that but someone has reported the other post so I am unable to delete it now, just have to be left for a moderator. Cheers Smith1994.
No problem mate, Hopefully the mods will take it down for you

And on topic I might give Chelsea a go as Ive never managed them,

Date:   Oct 23, 11 at 10:30am (PST)
quote Smith1994
And on topic I might give Chelsea a go as Ive never managed them
It's an alright game, already established with the chance of bringing youth through as they are not strong in that area atm and can build and hopfully win the CL which they havent yet. Also not to many funds makes it a little harder then City.

Well I have just got up to the Champions League draw and I have got Villareal, Dortmund and Copenhagen. Looking for a top spot though second should be easily achieved. In the league I am sitting top after 3 wins and a draw against Manchester United at home which I will take this early on as the team is still gelling to my system. Though annoyingly I keep letting in 1 goal per game so I need to clamp that out. Torres is on form with 7 league goals in 4 matches though I have been pegged back with Mata being out for 4 weeks and now Lampard getting injured for 2-3 months. With a small squad that I have players will have to float around into unfamilier positions now but it will give youth a chance as Romeu has been staring a little bit for me and Sturrige too.

Author:   WhyNotZoidburg
Date:   Oct 26, 11 at 2:27pm (PST)
Good luck with your season. Quick question, how are you playing Torres?

Date:   Oct 29, 11 at 9:48pm (PST)
quote WhyNotZoidburg
Good luck with your season. Quick question, how are you playing Torres?
I got Torres playing as an Attacking Forward with through balls being played infront of him from Lampard in a AM position and he's currently scored 30 goals in 26 matches. I set him to run and dribble with the ball and not take long shots. He gets constant chances in games, if only his composure was better he might just bag a couple more here and there.

An update, currently in march and I am 4th in the league, 5pts behind the top and I have won the League Cup and into the Sixth Round of the FA Cup. Europe is going well, 4-3 away leg victory over OM in the First Round so hoping to win at home. I have had heavy issues with injuries, Bertrand has been incredible cover at LB for Cole and having played Bosingwa as RW a few times and even Ferriera getting starts just shows how desperate I was. Luckily Cech has been fine! One time I did have Torres, Drogba and Lukaku injured for 2 weeks altogether and had Mitrovic upfront and even in the CL Group match I was forced to play a 16 year old from the Under 18's who I am hoping has a good future for the club.

Not made any transfers but Drogba, Anelka and Kalou will be leaving me as I won't renew them and I will try and offload Alex and replace him with Bruma next season possibly. Other area's are undecided but no new signings will be made to my second season which I have stuck with. Also cant wait for Mata to be back, only made 11 starts for me due to constant injuries with all my squad.

Author:   Boris999
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 2:17pm (PST)
Just finished the first season. Managed to win everything except the ever-illusive champions league. Got thrown out in the Semi-finals by Barcelona - though they went on to lose to Valencia in the finals lol.

Second season, I've just bought Hazard and am trying to decide what formation to play. Think it will be

-----------Torres-----------
--Hazard---Mata---Afellay---
-------Mikel--Ramires-------
--Cole--JT---Luiz--Bosingwa-

But cannot for the life of me decide whether to play the wide version or the narrow version. Narrow version fits the players better, but I just always feel very dodgy playing without any wide players.

Also trying to find myself a long-term replacement for A.Cole and maybe a long term Centre Back backup. If anyone has any ideas, I'll be glad to hear em

Author:   mark_lutton
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 2:34pm (PST)
tidus04 & Boris999 did any of use two play Romeu much, I have Chelsea as my parent club on my Rangers save and want to no is he worth playing over Edu?

Author:   Boris999
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 2:50pm (PST)
quote mark_lutton
tidus04 & Boris999 did any of use two play Romeu much, I have Chelsea as my parent club on my Rangers save and want to no is he worth playing over Edu?

I actually used him as a backup CM/DM a fair few times throughout my season. He had 16 league apperances with a 6.97 rating. I never remember him letting me down when I wanted to rest my bigger players.

Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote Boris999
I actually used him as a backup CM/DM a fair few times throughout my season. He had 16 league apperances with a 6.97 rating. I never remember him letting me down when I wanted to rest my bigger players.

With a rating like that in the EPL then he shouldn't do to bad on my Rangers team, I'll use him as a sub get moulded in see how he goes

Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 4:53pm (PST)
mark_lutton

I play him as a Box to Box midfielder along side Mikel and he raked in a 6.93 over 47 starts (32 in the league) and 3 sub appearances. Got on the scoresheet 3 times and made 9 assits.

Personally I played him as a first team player and he did fine, though he did play right back a few times due to mass injuries I was happy with his performace so in the Scottish league he should piss it so I would reconmend signing him, but for Chelsea I would look for another option as his passing/shooting could easilly be better for the Premier League standards.

Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 5:03pm (PST)
quote tidus04
Personally I played him as a first team player and he did fine, though he did play right back a few times due to mass injuries I was happy with his performace so in the Scottish league he should piss it so I would reconmend signing him, but for Chelsea I would look for another option as his passing/shooting could easilly be better for the Premier League standards.

He was loaned out to me by my parent club Chelsea so i'll give him ago as seems he does well, thanks for the advice

Author:   craigch102
Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 5:24pm (PST)
Cech

Bosingwa - Ivanovic - JT - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Sturridge------------------Mata

Torres

I Play Bosingwa And Cole Both Has Attacking Wing Backs
Mikel Anchor Man Denfensive
Ramires Box To Box
Lampard Centre Mid Support
Sturridge Inside Forward
Mata Is My Main Man I Play Him Has A Advanced Playmaker But On The Left But He Drifts
Torres Is A Complete Forward

Havent Played Any League Games Yet Im Currently Doing My Bournemouth Game But That Is How I Set Up

Date:   Nov 01, 11 at 10:20pm (PST)
Might give my save a re-going over but not to sure yet, never knew if I should play Mikel in the DM or CM position though I do find they play fine but defence does lack support with Cole and Bossie going up the flanks now and again. I might try and sort out a home and away formation as playing the same just doesn't work for me.

Author:   ricky_hyde_89
Date:   Nov 19, 11 at 10:31pm (PST)
Just starting as Chelsea now. Not sure whether to sell the likes of drogba, anelka, lampard ect... (but not Terry) and rebuild the sqaud or hold out for a couple of seasons and hope to get some class regens.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.