Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tottenham Hotspur - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1690876-tottenham-hotspur/

Author:   wadeycakes
Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 3:36pm (PST)
Subject:   Tottenham Hotspur
-------------------------------------------
Right every discuss about greatest team in the world.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PmJYNMLHaHM?wmode=transparent" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goalkeepers

Brad Friedel ***
Heurelho Gomes ***
Carlo Cudicini **1/2

Right Backs

Vedran Corluka ***
Kyle Walker **

Left Backs

Gareth Bale ***1/2
B. Assou-Ekotto **1/2

Centre Backs

Ledley King ***1/2
William Gallas ***1/2
Michael Dawson **1/2
Sebastian Bassong **1/2
Younes Kaboul **1/2

Right Wingers

Aaron Lennon ***
Steven Piennar ***

Left Wingers

Gareth Bale ****
Niko Kranjcar *1/2
Gio Dos Santos *
Danny Rose *
Andros Townsend *1/2

Defensive Midfielders

Sandro ***
Tom Huddlestone **1/2
Scott Parker **1/2

Attacking Midfielders

Luka Modric ****
R. Van Der Vaart ****
Iago Falque *1/2

Strikers

Emanuel Adebayor ****
Jermaine Defoe ***
Roman Pavlychenko ***

Youth Prospects

There are only a couple decent prospects for Spurs by the looks of it. 2 of the main ones are strikers by the name of Harry Kane and Souleymane Coulibaly. Coulibalyhas a potential rating of ****, so could be the future of your club. Also William Ekong could be a future Centre Half for you but i would not rely on that and would bring in someone off the transfer market.

Players Out On Loan

Kyle Naughton- Norwich
David Bentley- West Ham
Steven Caulker- Swansea
Bongani Khumalo- Reading
Jermaine Jenas- Aston Villa
David Button- Leyton Orient

Transfer Targets

Left Back

Leighton Baines for definite should be your main target. BAE is a decent LB but Baines would push your club forward to next level.

Goal Keeper

Friedel and Cudicini are aging now so try and bring in a youth Keeper to become Gomes' back up.

Author:   Denners
Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 4:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Tottenham Hotspur
Was going to write a Spurs guide, but guess I'll just post in here. Only played for about 10 mins at 2am last night, will boot the game up again in a bit and have a marathon session so I'll let you know how it goes!

Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 4:47pm (PST)
If you want to write it i can give you the credit..

Author:   SouthStandSpurs
Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 5:26pm (PST)
Played with the mighty Lilywhites on the demo but got frustrated because I couldn't recreate my success on '11 with the dream team of Hulk and Soldado up top!

Will get a decent game going within the next week, just need to find some players that don't have ridiculous asking prices (Draxler £18m, Ter Stegen £19m etc.) because last year I had quite a few decent players for reasonable fees

Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 5:47pm (PST)
Done a small team guide.

Not really done much so far. Sent Bassong, Caroll, Rose and Bostock all out on loan.

Going to give BAE a chance till January if doesnt perform will bring in Baines.

Also trying to sign Kara from Tromso. But cannot get a work permit for him...

Author:   sammo10
Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 7:46pm (PST)
Alright lads, just starting my game up now. I have so far sold Gomes (£5m), Cudicini (£500k) and Pav (£5m).

Looking for a young goalkeeper to be back up to Friedel and play cup games, then take over the no 1 spot next season. Most likely go for Krul or Begovic. Not sure where else I will strengthen.

Author:   Joes56
Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 7:58pm (PST)
quote sammo10
Alright lads, just starting my game up now. I have so far sold Gomes (£5m), Cudicini (£500k) and Pav (£5m).

Looking for a young goalkeeper to be back up to Friedel and play cup games, then take over the no 1 spot next season. Most likely go for Krul or Begovic. Not sure where else I will strengthen.
I'd suggest looking at the young keeper at Borussia Mochengladbach, not sure of his name but I saw him earlier and he looked awesome for a 19 year old.

Author:   sammo10
Date:   Oct 21, 11 at 8:03pm (PST)
Just come across him, Ter Stegen. Looks an absolute beast.

Author:   spurs26
Date:   Oct 23, 11 at 7:19pm (PST)
having just passed the jan transfer window i thought i would post how im doing so far

ive gotta say im finding this game a lot easier than last years
but i have had a couple of moody results away from home!

i started by signing jak alnwick great prospect of a gk and
leandro from gremio who has been a star so far, top goalscorer for me

and after lots of tapping up and negotiations with wages( he is one stubburn git) i managed to sign tevez in jan!!! 18mil bargain!!!

the board were also very kind in giving me 40mil to spend in jan.

i am currently sat in second behind city and in the league cup final against burnley (happy days) and still in the europa league and fa cup

so all in all a great start to the season x

Author:   Seanlfc
Date:   Oct 23, 11 at 8:08pm (PST)
Started as Spurs in a network game with two of my mates. Brought in Baines for 14 million, and alexandre santos (amc from santos on loan at cruziero) comes in January for 5 million.
Sold Cudicini, Assou-Ekkoto, Alnwick and Luogon (sp)
Played one league game against Wigan 2-0 Bale getting a brace with lennon two assists. One europa league game 3-1 dawson, pav, adebayor.
Lennon got injured for 3-4 months so bringing in a young right midfielder from Angola whose name I've forgot!

Author:   DanielT
Date:   Oct 28, 11 at 3:06pm (PST)
LET'S GET THIS BITCH GOING

if I don't win the league first season then I am going to kill wade and then myself

Author:   superspurs
Date:   Oct 29, 11 at 11:24am (PST)
Currently joint top with Liverpool played 9 won 7 drawn 1 and lost one!

beat the scum 4-1 and chelsea 1-0 away! So far so good slightly easier i think than the last one. Having said that spurs squad is pretty dam shi* hot, so much strength in depth depending on what formation you want to play.

I have only signed Gabriel Silva as left back cover for this season with hopefully pushing on to be first choice next year!

Playing in europe is keeping the fringe players fresh, i have beaten every one piss easy so far stuffing all teams!

Date:   Oct 29, 11 at 12:09pm (PST)
current results:

Spurs 3-0 Arsenal
Slask 4-1 Spurs
Bolton 0-0 Spurs
Spurs 5-0 Slask
Spurs 1-2 Norwich

mixed bags ftl

only signed Cristian Eriksen, Jano and Saviola so far, mainly all as back-up with the former 2 looking to replace VDV and eventually Luka

Date:   Oct 30, 11 at 2:50pm (PST)
ahh man, been going from strength to strength really

since that loss against Norwich, I've won 13 of 14, drawing the other (home to Partizan in Europa League)

best results:

Chelsea 2-5 Spurs
Spurs 2-1 Chelsea
Spurs 3-0 Man City
Palermo 1-2 Spurs

really showing I can mix it home and away with the big boys

top by 3 points 14 games in, Everyon my closest contenders, quite weird that Chelsea and Arsenal are both like mid-table, Liverpool are doing shit and Newcastle are relegation zone ;s

Date:   Oct 30, 11 at 4:51pm (PST)
So not really progressing on my save due to 12 hours working 7 days a week. But i have Sold Kranjcar, Sent Bassong, Bostock and Townsend on loan.

I have the choice of signing Baines for £14,000,000 or taking Bolijiesen (sp) (AJax Left Back) or Eirik Pieters on loan with view to permanent move.

Think I'm going to play the Germany 4-2-3-1 formation. Coulibaly looks like he will become an animal.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.