Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Board Room - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1688027-board-room/6.htm

Author:   Ma_sk_i
Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 3:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Board Room
-------------------------------------------
quote Kesh
Yeah well I had a 50+ page SOMS that won Story of the Year and I didn't even have football manager. So *bleep* all of you.
And that shows the level the SOMS Forum has fell to

Author:   Kesh
Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 4:33pm (PST)
Haha true say . But tbf it was in the 09 forum, and I think that's when the forum as actually at it's peak. But since 09 it's just rapidly fallen.

Author:   CatchFire
Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 4:37pm (PST)
quote Kesh
Haha true say . But tbf it was in the 09 forum, and I think that's when the forum as actually at it's peak. But since 09 it's just rapidly fallen.
Perhaps because all the good writers, who spent hours of their time playing the game, and then writing good-quality material, only to be beaten to SOTY by a sadistic non-player, turned their back on the forum? You devious bastard, you. ^^ (are we allowed to swear on the forum?)

Author:   FSC100
Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 5:03pm (PST)
The last thing the story forum needs is the writers to be arguing and putting each other down.

I've never been a big reader of FM stories, so it's difficult for me to decided on what I think the best course of action is. One thing I would say, is that, it would be good if people made more of an effort to have a look in the story forum, and even if they don't read a whole story they could still leave a little comment with encouragement or constructive feedback.

Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 5:08pm (PST)
quote FSC100
I've never been a big reader of FM stories, so it's difficult for me to decided on what I think the best course of action is. One thing I would say, is that, it would be good if people made more of an effort to have a look in the story forum, and even if they don't read a whole story they could still leave a little comment with encouragement or constructive feedback.
Neoseeker need a like button for posts like yours FSC.

quote FSC100
The last thing the story forum needs is the writers to be arguing and putting each other down.
It'd be an interesting concept for SOTF though. Put three stories up for it as usual, eliminate one using the voting system, then have the other two insult each other for an hour, and the best insult wins SOTF for their story.

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 5:17pm (PST)
if you're going to close the sub forum for fm stories, i'm all for it. in fact, sub forum is pretty shitty, tbh. it's not what it was expected before.

do the waiting list system for stories, and let people post players query on the main forum = more activities. boom.

if there was one sub-forum that's actually needed, it's tactic forum for archive sake

Author:   FIFAleachy
Date:   Oct 17, 11 at 7:23pm (PST)
There's also the fact that other good story writers don't often post here if at all anymore. People such as Jakeyd, KurtisWalsh, Burton Boy, Skadoosh and Huzzer, all had good SOMS over the last 3/4 versions of the game if I remember correctly.

The thing is, not many people want to read stories as it goes. People buy the game and play it, they don't want to write a story about it the majority of the time. Newer members, often join the forum to get some help with players, or graphics of some sort hence how they come across these boards.

There's not a lot that can be done about it, you've just got to stop moaning and get on with it. If you're story is as good as you like to think it'll get recognition, if it's not that good you don't get comments and replies - simple.

At the end of the day, if you're only writing the story for comments, then you're writing it for the wrong reasons aren't you.

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Oct 18, 11 at 6:36pm (PST)
Completly agree with what FIFAleachy said the biggest reason the Story Forum has got less popular over the last few years is just down to the main writers leaving the forum and no one really coming in to replace them. Their is still a number of people writing stories and as long as their are still people their writing then their will proberly be a sub forum

Author:   Stu
Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 12:22am (PST)
Get rid of the forum, make a 'Story of your game' thread in the main forum and let people post updates in there.

Or just use the Home Dressing Room like most people and do updates in there. I used to have a few stories a few years ago, but I really cba with it all now, just want to come on and share how I'm doing in a quick few paragraphs.

I think I went into the story forum about 3 times last year. Seriously think it's run it's course and if people are just going to argue about who's is better, is it really worth having it? D:

Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 12:41am (PST)
quote Stu
I think I went into the story forum about 3 times last year. Seriously think it's run it's course and if people are just going to argue about who's is better, is it really worth having it? D:
There are 12 people with stories currently in that forum. About 10 of those are active/daily story-tellers, and the game isn't even out yet. By no means has it run it's course, and no-one is insulting, merely questioning methods. A few paragraphs is easy to follow, why don't you think about contributing?

Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 1:00am (PST)
Because I have better things to do than read someones poorly written story on an FM game.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 5:11am (PST)
I wrote a story once. It was *bleep*ing awesome.

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 5:53am (PST)
ssh sh20090 had a pretty decent soton soms tbfh

Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 6:47am (PST)

Author:   DanielT
Date:   Oct 19, 11 at 12:15pm (PST)
Stu seems to think his opinion is that of the entire forums

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.