Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Board Room - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1688027-board-room/4.htm

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Oct 12, 11 at 10:55pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Board Room
-------------------------------------------
i always thought team guide sub-forum would be a good idea, but i've pretty much changed my mind. i agree with anyone who said it's gonna decrease the activity on my forum.

if anything, make a sticky that lists all the team guides/ discussion. so people don't really have to go to the index anymore.

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Oct 12, 11 at 11:03pm (PST)
quote Lazzara
i always thought team guide sub-forum would be a good idea, but i've pretty much changed my mind. i agree with anyone who said it's gonna decrease the activity on my forum.

if anything, make a sticky that lists all the team guides/ discussion. so people don't really have to go to the index anymore.
o

Good idea that, could be a drop down box that we (members) can open and close.

Author:   BenjiHibs
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 7:36am (PST)
quote BenjiHibs
What about the Football (Soccer) forum as a possible sub-forum? Right now you get to it via the lounge one so maybe a direct one would be appropriate?

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 1:44pm (PST)
My opinion is similar to FL's in that it should probably just be the same with some work maybe needed into the story forum to hike the activity up, not for writers as we usually have a lot of them but to get more people reading them. But then again only people interested will read them but I believe to merge the story forum with the main forum wouldn't work due to the numbers of people wanting to write stories.

Author:   Kesh
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 9:42pm (PST)
quote CatchFire
I want to ask when SOTF/SOTW is being run, and by who? I very much would like to compete for that, though I have tough competition from Kesh (seriously, go read his, then try to sleep at night)

I don't know what all the hate is about the new mod, FSC or someone, does it really matter? As long as he keeps the forum clean and tidy and keeps it active and engaging, then I don't see whether being good at FM or disliking the demo is a problem... In fairness though, I only really care about the story forum to be honest, so get that sorted!
Haha I've only had one update.

And by merging the story forum into the main one would just mean loadsa people would start writing stories cos it's in the main forum and it'd get more attention. Meaning a forum for the story would be needed as this one would get cluttered and the vicious cycle continues.

Oh and I don't mind doing the story blog again this year

Author:   FSC100
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 9:45pm (PST)
I don't think merging the story forum with the main forum is the answer. IMO, it would clutter the main board too much. Saying that, I don't think we can just leave the forum in it's current state.

Author:   Kesh
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 9:53pm (PST)
I swear it's the most active sub-forum?

Author:   FSC100
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 10:00pm (PST)
quote Kesh
Well, usually it seems to be just lots of threads of 10 posts, with 8 of them being by the author and little feedback coming in, leading to most stories shutting down after a week or two.

Author:   CatchFire
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 10:07pm (PST)
quote FSC100
quote Kesh
Well, usually it seems to be just lots of threads of 10 posts, with 8 of them being by the author and little feedback coming in, leading to most sotries shutting down after a week or two.
Why not get someone who is actually interested in running the story forum to handle all the things in there, i.e. Story of the Week/Month, and actually keep it up rather than doing it once and then forgetting about it. We need the mods to be interested in the stories and the writers to have a goal for it to remain active. That's why the others fell by the wayside halfway through each year...

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 7:40am (PST)
quote CatchFire
quote FSC100
quote Kesh
Well, usually it seems to be just lots of threads of 10 posts, with 8 of them being by the author and little feedback coming in, leading to most sotries shutting down after a week or two.
Why not get someone who is actually interested in running the story forum to handle all the things in there, i.e. Story of the Week/Month, and actually keep it up rather than doing it once and then forgetting about it. We need the mods to be interested in the stories and the writers to have a goal for it to remain active. That's why the others fell by the wayside halfway through each year...
We have a mod interested in the story side of things, since I was promoted, with the help of kesh we got the sotf going well and it was only because of the year being almost up that it stopped

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 7:53am (PST)
quote FSC100
quote Kesh
Well, usually it seems to be just lots of threads of 10 posts, with 8 of them being by the author and little feedback coming in, leading to most stories shutting down after a week or two.
That's because most of them are shit.

Author:   Stu
Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 5:09pm (PST)
How can you query how good a sub forum is going to be this year before the full game is even out?

Loads of people do stories at the start of the year, then it dies down as most of them have been done loads of times before and no one is interested in reading all the same players being signed every time.

Date:   Oct 16, 11 at 12:43am (PST)
quote walnuts
'Most'. Not all. I think if you go check it out, there are some good starters. Kesh is at it again. I've got some good feedback.

quote Stu
Loads of people do stories at the start of the year, then it dies down as most of them have been done loads of times before and no one is interested in reading all the same players being signed every time.
Make something yourself then, and do it differently. Come up with an idea, something new and interesting and show people how it's done. Check out Kesh's. No one could say it's not original. I'm trying to spice mine up, and it's not really started yet. If you encourage people, they'll want to write. If you give them an incentive to work on a story (i.e. SOTW, SOTM), then you'll get originality.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Oct 16, 11 at 12:47am (PST)
quote CatchFire
quote walnuts
'Most'. Not all. I think if you go check it out, there are some good starters. Kesh is at it again. I've got some good feedback.

quote Stu
Make something yourself then, and do it differently. Come up with an idea, something new and interesting and show people how it's done. Check out Kesh's. No one could say it's not original. I'm trying to spice mine up, and it's not really started yet. If you encourage people, they'll want to write. If you give them an incentive to work on a story (i.e. SOTW, SOTM), then you'll get originality.
Mate, I've been writing and reading SOMS before you were even born. I've been in there, and the quality is just not up to scratch. I miss Tweety Pie epics at Crewe Alexandria.

Date:   Oct 16, 11 at 1:06am (PST)
quote walnuts
Mate, I've been writing and reading SOMS before you were even born. I've been in there, and the quality is just not up to scratch. I miss Tweety Pie epics at Crewe Alexandria.
It's "Alexandra". And yeah, Tweety needs to do some more, methinks. Maybe he will. I know Burton Boy has a big one planned too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.