Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Board Room - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1688027-board-room/14.htm

Author:   Lazzara
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 9:49pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Board Room
-------------------------------------------
who's to say one story is rubbish and the other is not? and wouldn't trying to encourage them to make a better story (eg, constructive feedback) is better than just closing them?

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 3:39am (PST)
Just to clarify i wasn't being to serious about the FM-Base Rule

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 5:32am (PST)
So AndyD_U your career thread suggestion just pretty much the story of your season thread except localising each members posts into their own thread in the story forum. It would work but I do think it's what the story of your season thread is about, maybe it would increase some activity into the story forum.

[Must add that the story forum has been pretty active this year, dropped off a tad recently but still seems to have a number of on going stories]

Author:   FIFAleachy
Date:   Mar 28, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
Whilst Andy's logic is worthwhile, I feel it's going to take something away from the story forum granted the effort some people put into their stories, whilst others can just do yearly posts. That may just be me though.

Author:   Ma_sk_i
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 6:12am (PST)
It's a shame that you can't enforce a rule on how old someone should be before they post in here. It'd improve the quality of threads and posts tenfold.

Author:   Saul
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 7:55am (PST)
Maski

What age would you suggest?

Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 10:38am (PST)

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Mar 30, 12 at 10:45am (PST)
quote Maski
The average age of the forum users is probably less than that though. I do, however, agree with you that older members would tend to produce better stories and stick with them.

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 2:25am (PST)
Red has just implemented a new tagging system which allows people to tag their threads from a list when you first start a thread or when you you edit the first post of thread.

He has also brought in a filtering system which allows the tagged threads to be filtered. As you may see under the header their is now a list of two so far which if you press will bring up all the threads that have been tagged.

Just thought i would make you guys aware of it

Author:   harbin
Date:   Apr 02, 12 at 4:39am (PST)
This should be implemented from the start in the FM13 forums... downloads section to filter logopacks, tactics, skins, databases, etc, the actual forum to filter Team Discussions, etc... and perhaps the player forum to distinguish between staff and players.

I know the FM12 forum has started using these, but this should be added to the guidelines to help filtering threads.

Author:   dom_manU
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 7:19am (PST)
Don't know if its just me but I am finding it slightly frustrating that people have started to post about FM11 in here. I know that forum is dead but this is the FM12 forum, if they need anything I'm sure after the year that the FM11 forum was busy then they can find what they need there...

I know that there isn't many posts like it but it just gets on my tits a bit. Maybe I have just noticed it more than most for some reason

Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 7:22am (PST)
I've got to agree with that, a post now and then if you're playing a past game isn't too bad, constantly posting about FM11 though is annoying. It'd be like me going to the GTA VI forum and talking about San Andreas.

Author:   minigunny101244
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 7:31am (PST)
quote dom_manU
Don't know if its just me but I am finding it slightly frustrating that people have started to post about FM11 in here. I know that forum is dead but this is the FM12 forum, if they need anything I'm sure after the year that the FM11 forum was busy then they can find what they need there...

I know that there isn't many posts like it but it just gets on my tits a bit. Maybe I have just noticed it more than most for some reason

It's not just you, I've seen people doing it, and it frustrates me to no end!

Author:   Saul
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 9:33am (PST)
quote !
I've got to agree with that, a post now and then if you're playing a past game isn't too bad, constantly posting about FM11 though is annoying. It'd be like me going to the GTA VI forum and talking about San Andreas.
quote !
quote !

It's not just you, I've seen people doing it, and it frustrates me to no end!
quote !

Sigge

Author:   hullfclegend
Date:   Apr 03, 12 at 1:55pm (PST)
this tagging thing hasn't exactly worked as expected......

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.