Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Board Room - page 13

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55050/t1688027-board-room/13.htm

Author:   FIFAleachy
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 4:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Board Room
-------------------------------------------
Erm, Crowy's just basically put what I was going too post.

red man, you shouldn't have brought that out into the open, especially here. It should just stick to PM and at worst if the insults are offending you and what not you PM a moderator about it.

Sometimes I just feel whilst people are trying to help, they start to reel things off their heads like it's the last chance. A bit like suggesting for the sake of it, if you will. Nothing really needs changing the system isn't broken yet, so there's no need to fix anything. Although, I will be talking to the other mods about this team discussion lark, it's getting complicated.

Author:   Saul
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 4:49am (PST)
quote FIFAleachy
Erm, Crowy's just basically put what I was going too post.

red man, you shouldn't have brought that out into the open, especially here. It should just stick to PM and at worst if the insults are offending you and what not you PM a moderator about it.

Sometimes I just feel whilst people are trying to help, they start to reel things off their heads like it's the last chance. A bit like suggesting for the sake of it, if you will. Nothing really needs changing the system isn't broken yet, so there's no need to fix anything. Although, I will be talking to the other mods about this team discussion lark, it's getting complicated.
I hope I am not picking you up wrong, but surely you should be taking any suggested improvement for the forum with open arms. The way the forum works may not be broken, but that overused cliche is outdated. Just because it is not broken doesn't mean you shouldn't look to improve it.

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 4:54am (PST)
By which I mean I feel most if not all of these suggestions haven't been the greatest and won't have a significant impact on the forum. Of course we welcome suggestions, but like whoever it was that suggested all these basically threads for a specific members games. Well that's not really going to work when that's virtually a lazy SOMS, there's also the Story of Your Season thread which a lot of members use, and when they post their following season usually have a quick link to their previous season(s). And for that reason, that's why I feel that we don't need one of those threads especially when there's a search function at the bottom of the forum too.

Author:   LeytonOrientForever
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 4:54am (PST)
quote Saul
LeytonOrientForever

There is a box, bottom right that you type in his username and it shows all of his posts in the thread.
Ahh, cheers didn't know that.

quote Crowy
If you were really that interested in reading his updates, then finding them wouldn't really bother you. Members here are just being lazy.

Nothing will look nicer, as you will have loads of members creating one thread for their certain game and doing one game updates, then not coming back to it at all as they got bored of the game. That will just flood the main page with shit threads so how will anything look nicer ? Can't have one rule for one member and not for others so how could they implement a suggestion like that ?

I don't agree in a sub forum either but that is for the moderators to decide.
I do that. Don't call me lazy for just suggesting an idea. I am not lazy as I am busy bloody searching the threads for their posts. It is just very annoying and I am suggeting it just being in one place. Alright?

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 4:58am (PST)
FIFAleachy So if I start game with a team that there is no discussion for, I cannot create it as you feel it is a "Lazy SOMS"?

There is a massive difference between a SOMS and Team Discussion. I don't see how any of the team discussions on the first page are anything like a SOMS.

Again I hope I am not picking you up wrong, it has been a long day.

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
quote FIFAleachy
By which I mean I feel most if not all of these suggestions haven't been the greatest and won't have a significant impact on the forum. Of course we welcome suggestions, but like whoever it was that suggested all these basically threads for a specific members games. Well that's not really going to work when that's virtually a lazy SOMS, there's also the Story of Your Season thread which a lot of members use, and when they post their following season usually have a quick link to their previous season(s). And for that reason, that's why I feel that we don't need one of those threads especially when there's a search function at the bottom of the forum too.
Will everyone stop being such DICKHEADS! I actually suggested it on the 21st December and Crowy replied saying he didn't believe it warranted a sub forum. I replied with "Yeah, i guess...." and nothing else was said and yet when someone else brings it up again and I just am saying why I suggested it, you are all being wankers who are calling me lazy even though I have spend 3 months now not doing anything about it and searching through the threads. I did not know there was a box where you could search posts and all it was was a suggestion in the bloody place where suggestions are made. All you bloody need to say is "Thanks for the idea but we feel that it does not warrant a sub-forum". END OF! NO NEED TO CALL ME LAZY WHEN OBVIOUSLY I AM NOT WHEN I SUGGESTED IT 3 MONTHS AGO AND THAN WHEN SOMEONE DISAGREED, I DID NOT MAKE A DEAL OF IT. I JUST CONTINUED AS NORMAL! Bugger off!

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 5:05am (PST)
quote hullfclegend
I love the Colwyn Bay Story, something like that would be awesome.
I know we have the HDR, but if we have something like that, all updates will be in one thread.
That was the quote. Whilst I would probably agree if it's a challenge and set out nicely and correctly. Having alternate threads for the likes of SLB shouldn't be happening just because people like his games. So yes, you are picking me up wrong. Of which from the bit i've just mentioned that's what I regarded as a lazy SOMS, not team discussions.

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 5:13am (PST)
On last years forum we had the likes of SLB with their career threads and then this sparked on others to want to make their own career threads and the majority of them were crap. We can't set rules for some people and not others and it would probably be a big ask to get us to give permission for the types of threads. As FL has said, a challenge that looks well layed out and is appealing to many members is ok but when it gets generalised to being one specific club or whatever then it gets a bit too much.

A sub-forum for these type of things would not be worth while in my opinion as well as the main forum is all about playing the game and just general game play, the sub-forums really have to be specific topics less related to playing the actual game.

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 5:13am (PST)
Modiga / FIFAleachy I apologise for the miscommunication.

I thought you were on the topic of the sub forums for team discussions (as I thought that was what LeytonOrientForever was on about, which is turns out it wasn't) like we had before (not sure why it got closed, could you maybe explain?) not about a Story of my Season sub-forum. I agree with you on that topic.

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 5:29am (PST)
quote Modiga
On last years forum we had the likes of SLB with their career threads and then this sparked on others to want to make their own career threads and the majority of them were crap. We can't set rules for some people and not others and it would probably be a big ask to get us to give permission for the types of threads. As FL has said, a challenge that looks well layed out and is appealing to many members is ok but when it gets generalised to being one specific club or whatever then it gets a bit too much.

A sub-forum for these type of things would not be worth while in my opinion as well as the main forum is all about playing the game and just general game play, the sub-forums really have to be specific topics less related to playing the actual game.

I understand why we don't have it and a simple explanation is fine for me. It was just an idea and I understand what you are going on about but what gets on my nerves is when someone else brings it back up months afterwards and I get accused of being lazy when only presenting my reasons for suggesting it. It is out of order and the "lazy" comments are really not right. I was just making a suggestion in the place where suggestions are made. I appreciate you replying whilst not ripping me for it. Thank you.

Author:   Crowy
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 10:17am (PST)
LeytonOrientForever, I was replying to your post on the 27TH of March

Also the lazy comment weren't directed at you hence the reason why I used the term 'members'. I'm surprised this has kicked up such a fuss tbh, there are so many places where members can catch updates, even in a team discussion you will sometimes have to look through 3 pages before finding an update depending how busy that certain thread is obviously (granted not as often).

I've made suggestions on how to do stuff like this before (including a suggestion for a sub forum) but the fact is, it will never be implemented as it takes too much activity away from the main forum. They will also not let members create threads as and when they want as there will be too many shit ones and it will just make the forum look untidy. Saying that though there are probably already thousands of threads in the forum that are shit and make this place untidy anyway.

Author:   JohnRush
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 11:41am (PST)
quote Modiga
On last years forum we had the likes of SLB with their career threads and then this sparked on others to want to make their own career threads and the majority of them were crap.
I did one too last year, it went to around 4 pages and just died off if I believe. What most members try to do is create a 'career thread' right from the start. Really you should only make one if you have got pretty far into the game because they will start the save, then 2-3 days later 'lose interest'. If that makes any sense.

I think most people just want to have their team critisized if anything? I have said it before but I think the 'Rate my team' thread would solve this sort of thing. Maybe not a rate my team, rather than some sort of Team recommendation thread for members to post up their team if they were stuck on player suggestions or quick tactical problems. Then like said before about players just not bothering to help others just posting their own, just kill the thread then start it back up again in a few months?

Author:   AndyD_U
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 12:03pm (PST)
I was actually thinking about this over the weekend but never got around to post a suggestion

I think Career threads can be good when they are done in the right way as SLB has shown and what has been posted in the Story of Your Season & Career thread. If they were to be allowed then i agree with Crowy that they shouldn't get their own sub-forum nor be put in the main forum as it will look horrible. But their is one place that is just begging for some activity and that is the story forum so why not put them in there?

I think if done correctly it could work as they are pretty similar but i do think their could be problems in terms of stories getting bumped down and lost plus not being able to tell the difference without going into the thread its self. So to sort that then a few rules would have to be put in;
  1. Threads would have [Career] or [Story] to tell the difference
  2. Career threads can only be yearly updates like what is done in the Story of Your Season & Career thread as posts like i just bought this player or i just beat Blah can be put in to the HDR or team discussion.
  3. If they are inactive for more than a week they are closed and you will need to PM a mod to open it again
  4. Like a Story only one at a time
Of course you are always gonna have the possibility of driving the activity away from the main forum but my thinking is that rule 2 would solve that as members would still have to post their mid-season updates in the main forum.

I also like this rule of FM base

If your story is rubbish, a moderator will delete it. We have had many years of spam stories and there is now a simple zero tolerance policy on this. Moaning about it will result in infractions. Continually posting rubbish stories will result in a serious infraction or even a ban.
Thats just my two cents anyway

Author:   Crowy
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 1:09pm (PST)
^ Now that is what you call a good suggestion! I still don't see why members can't use the Your Season & Career thread, this way though you can follow the certain careers you want to follow to save you looking through pages to find the update you want.

You fully deserved your promotion Andy, none of these amateur moderators would of thought of that

Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 7:57pm (PST)
I like that idea.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.