Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tiny Tina DLC: First Impressions? WARNING: SPOILERS!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1876902-tiny-tina-dlc-first-impressions-warning-spoilers/

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 4:31am (PST)
Subject:   Tiny Tina DLC: First Impressions? WARNING: SPOILERS!!
-------------------------------------------
I won't be able to play it until later today,, but for those who are currently playing it what are your thoughts? Does it live up to expectations? What do you like/dislike about it?? Any neat loot you have found so far?

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 7:07am (PST)
Subject:   re: Tiny Tina DLC: First Impressions? WARNING: SPOILERS!!
MLongfellowdeeds - Lawl, I think that any person who clicks on this thread gives up their right to complain about being spoiled about the plot because ALLCAPS WARNING IN THE TITLE!

If you feel the need to be extra-clear on the matter, you could just subtitle the thread in bold red letters "THAR BE SPOILERS ABOUND!" or something to that effect.

I won't be able to play until late myself. I should hopefully be co-op playing with Cain_Kousei_69 tonight. Assuming I'm in good shape, and he erm, remembers to get on >_>

I will point out that I saw some extracts of weapons. Seems there are either red-texted purples (or they were supposed to be oranges, but because the game isn't out the color was swapped? I did see at least one properly labeled orange that's exclusive to the DLC though. Well, there is the Dahlminator, not to mention the Deadly Bloom, though the Bloom was supposed to be orange). Some new regular purple weapons (all mineral themed), and some seraph stuff. One of the Shields looks like it would soak up damage like nobody's business.

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 2:25pm (PST)
Heh, just wanted to make sure...kind of like those computer options you see sometimes:

Do you want to delete this?
[X] Yes
[ ] No

Are you sure? This item will now be permanently deleted and sent into the computer space time continuum never to be seen again.
[X] Yes
[ ] No

No turning back now, hope you made the right choice!
[X] OK
[ ] WAIT I change my mind!!!!!!111!!!11111

quote Shadow of Death
One of the Shields looks like it would soak up damage like nobody's business.
About time a shield in BL2 does what it's supposed to!!

I'll be playing within the hour most likely...hopefully it won't take an hour to install it, lol. I'm excited to start playing it for sure.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 2:25pm (PST)
It's crap. Enemies are awesome but once I had to fight a Level 71 enemy I almost gave up.

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 2:31pm (PST)
quote Shave ya Head
It's crap. Enemies are awesome but once I had to fight a Level 71 enemy I almost gave up.
Say what now?!

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 2:38pm (PST)
So PS Store is down for maintenance and I am unable to DL it from the BL2 menu...awesome. I didn't want to play this DLC on release day anyways. ::facepalm::

Author:   Anonymouse guest
Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 3:04pm (PST)
I hear you there. Damn living in europe.

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 3:20pm (PST)
PS Store is now back in action had to install an update for it. Installing the DLC now, should be about 20-25 minutes until go time.

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 4:06pm (PST)
quote MLongfellowDeeds
quote Shave ya Head
Say what now?!
Enemies can level themselves up, in which they get full health as well. One of the enemies I fought was Level 71. He was on par with the Warrior for health I reckon.

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 6:52pm (PST)
quote Shave ya Head
quote MLongfellowDeeds
quote Shave ya Head
Say what now?!
Enemies can level themselves up, in which they get full health as well. One of the enemies I fought was Level 71. He was on par with the Warrior for health I reckon.
Wow! I haven't come across that yet....crazy! Any enemy can level themselves up or just certain ones? I might be killing them too quick with my melee Zer0 for them to level up. =P

A few notes on my first thoughts of the DLC:

-Epic! Love it so far...the music, sounds, scenery, enemies, story, characters...it's combining my two favorite games into one (Skyrim and BL). Gearbox did a very nice job with this one, as expected.

-I love opening all of those little chests that hold one ammo/money...and I have to smash every ammo pot I go by. (Don't ask!)

-One of those trees (forgot the name) in which you pick the bloodberries from dropped me a Blast Prof Bee shield (Yay!)

-I did roll a 19 on the dice chest and got a [purple] Jakobs Cannon (value of like $900000) and a nice [purple] Maliwan shock SMG with a Maliwan grip.

-I did have trouble with the 4 Kings because melee didn't seem to effect them, nor did shock....had to switch to a Sheriffs Badge and an Unkempt Harold for that one.

-The Dwarven Mines are pretty cool, true to Skyrim IMO. The jumping puzzle made me rage a bit, I would have gone broke if it actually affected your money. Was it solvable after Tina added more platforms? I still couldn't do it, but then again....I never was that good at Crash Bandicoot and the like.

-Zer0's 'DLC haikus' are hilarious...anyone who is playing this DLC as him know what I mean.

That's all for now, I'll update more tomorrow...can't wait to get back to playing it!

Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 7:50pm (PST)
"Did you just say laserbutts?"

"Whatever that is, I want it."

Oh, Brick.

"Oh is it RAFT?...I bet it's RAFT!"

"Did you guys just say fart? What a stinky thing to say!"

"You ruin everything."

lmao!

Author:   GWorr
Date:   Jun 25, 13 at 9:39pm (PST)
Well it's Wednesday now and I still don't have the DLC. My fault for living in the UK and not owning an Xbox

Date:   Jun 26, 13 at 1:18am (PST)
I gave up on it. It's just...boring. The puzzle pissed me off. I was tolerating it in the hope it'd get better, but then it made me stop killing things to make me solve a *bleep*ing puzzle? I know it's a rip off of Dungeons and Dragons but *bleep* me I want to kill things.

Date:   Jun 26, 13 at 4:22am (PST)
quote Shave ya Head
I gave up on it. It's just...boring. The puzzle pissed me off. I was tolerating it in the hope it'd get better, but then it made me stop killing things to make me solve a *bleep*ing puzzle? I know it's a rip off of Dungeons and Dragons but *bleep* me I want to kill things.
The cube puzzle? You can just melee it and you can advance, but if you want to solve it (to get to the dice chest) then just solve it in reverse. Took me quite a while to figure that one out.

Date:   Jun 26, 13 at 5:29am (PST)
Son of a...I was gonna melee it but thought it was a bit too obvious...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.