Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Borderlands 3/Sequel - Ideas and Speculation Thread - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1820708-borderlands-3-sequel-ideas-speculation-thread/2.htm

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Borderlands 3/Sequel - Ideas and Speculation Thread
-------------------------------------------
Same loot for all players. I hate it when a loot ninja hoards all the good stuff. A way for all the players to get it would be good.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 11:55pm (PST)
quote Coi Cki
Same loot for all players. I hate it when a loot ninja hoards all the good stuff. A way for all the players to get it would be good.
Instanced loot I think, is one way of going about it. Each player sees their own loot. Trading can still happen if people notice loot that their friend would like, or would be better suited for their character. I tended to let my friend take first pickings of Shotties because he actually used them all the time. Or each player sees duplicates of the exact same loot, though that would mean if an orange appears once, it will appear for each character and Gearbox might not want to do that >_>

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Mar 31, 13 at 7:04am (PST)
Thought I'd re-ignite this with a request.

In Borderlands 2, the thing I hate hate the most is the structure of the story. Hunting Vaults is awesome and that should(And probably will) remain, but the way you go about things needs to change. I mean rescuing Roland. You have to go to the Bloodshot stronghold. To get in there you have to go get a Bandit car off Ellie. To do that you have to destroy 5 Bandit cars. Then you have that, and have to pip your horn, fight through a shit ton of stuff, only to find out they've threw in another mission(Admittedly, that you can avoid) where Warden takes him. My point is there's too many side-quests in the main quest.

For *bleep*s sake, why not write a long ass story, instead of hiding dozens of un-optional side missions in them.

Author:   phaserwalkerandlocke
Date:   Apr 23, 13 at 6:46pm (PST)
A cussing switch wouldn't hurt, gender option example I get ragged by my friends cuz I pick the sirens every time but they are girls u should make to where they can be a guy, pick ur powers from a list, example siren, u should be able to pick from phasewalk, phaselock, and maybe 2 other powers. Interraction with ncp characters not Unstalling no quests for u or hey u get that thing done yet? Be older characters from 1 and 2. Last to have a pet wouldn't be awesome to have a slag, or a rokk, bullymong as a pet? Every time u level up u could give a mini point for the pets skill tree

Author:   RingM4ster
Date:   Apr 30, 13 at 5:04am (PST)
Bank and invo space is a must 33 slots in bank and invo is a joke. With each legendary/pearl able to drop with different elements it makes it impossible for collectors to get everything unless they use multiple mule toons.

They should add the ability to buy a house or a place in the main city of the game were you can upgrade specific parts to allow more space to store shit. Have an armory you can buy for X money and X what ever the eridium equivalent would be in the next game. That way you can store more than 33 measly items. I like to keep all my loot on the main toon i play.

Author:   hellspawn518
Date:   Apr 30, 13 at 7:28pm (PST)
The things I can think of on the top of my head are:

Author:   RingM4ster
Date:   May 01, 13 at 7:02am (PST)
So basicly you want duel spec from wow. The loot system from wow.

Author:   hellspawn518
Date:   May 01, 13 at 11:21am (PST)
quote RingM4ster
So basicly you want duel spec from wow. The loot system from wow.

Never played WoW so I can't really say.

Author:   METROIDKILLER12
Date:   Jun 05, 13 at 7:10am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
quote Coi Cki
Instanced loot I think, is one way of going about it. Each player sees their own loot. Trading can still happen if people notice loot that their friend would like, or would be better suited for their character. I tended to let my friend take first pickings of Shotties because he actually used them all the time. Or each player sees duplicates of the exact same loot, though that would mean if an orange appears once, it will appear for each character and Gearbox might not want to do that >_>
Yeah that is something i agree with because when i play i hate to admit it but i am a loot hoarder and not to mention an ammo hog XD. But i think they wanted to try to test the waters with part of what you said hence the trading system in B2 so they might make the program white, green, blue rarity weapons to spawn on both screens individually (so it would be so both or more players could pick it up with out taking anyone elses) but stops at blue rarity anything above like purple, the orange coloration rarity and finally pearlecent only show up once on each players screen and then the amount of players would have to duel for it to see who gets the badass weapon. Now onto story i think they are probably going to have these older vault hunters go get close to the whichever vault then one of the characters we play as ( not that i wouldn't mind playing as brick again.) (not the characters from 2 they are part of the veterans) go and seek out these old veteran vault hunters to train and seek out the vault that mentor was close to then it switches you over to another character but on a different story line and a different vault and finally when you have done all of the characters you then pick whichever one you want to play as for the finale you all go fight big badass corporations and aliens (of course) to get into the vault.
On a complete side question or note to myself and to you guys i have no idea how the multiplayer would work.
Yeah i know a convoluted idea, but hey i write stories.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Jun 05, 13 at 8:03am (PST)
Take a breath dude...

Me and Shadow agree we want Challenges, Weapon Proficiencies and Badass ranks.

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Jun 05, 13 at 8:39am (PST)
I think it would be sweet to have the head and skins have effects on the characters as well. Not just looks. Like the manufacturer-specific skins would boost that manufacturer's guns/shields a little. Or, say, a purple skin that'll give you slag resistance. Or an skin that'd cause some enemies to behave in strange ways. Say, a clown skin that'd make some enemies laugh uncontrollably, and others to run away in fear (what, clowns are *bleep*ing scary)

Or heads give you various visual effects, like Zer0's Ech0locati0n - head, for example would show enemies on the minimap before they become hostile, or a head for Axton that would allow you to prioritise targets for the turret. Things like those.

Author:   METROIDKILLER12
Date:   Jun 06, 13 at 4:45am (PST)
quote Coi Cki
I think it would be sweet to have the head and skins have effects on the characters as well. Not just looks. Like the manufacturer-specific skins would boost that manufacturer's guns/shields a little. Or, say, a purple skin that'll give you slag resistance. Or an skin that'd cause some enemies to behave in strange ways. Say, a clown skin that'd make some enemies laugh uncontrollably, and others to run away in fear (what, clowns are *bleep*ing scary)

Or heads give you various visual effects, like Zer0's Ech0locati0n - head, for example would show enemies on the minimap before they become hostile, or a head for Axton that would allow you to prioritise targets for the turret. Things like those.

that sounds equally awesome it would surely add another element to the gameplay.

Author:   Aulis Vaara
Date:   Jun 06, 13 at 6:16am (PST)
quote Coi Cki

I'd rather NOT have this. I hate getting screwed over in games for my choice of wardrobe.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jun 06, 13 at 6:24am (PST)
quote Aulis Vaara
quote Coi Cki

I'd rather NOT have this. I hate getting screwed over in games for my choice of wardrobe.
Ditto. I like stuff being vanilla in that respect. I don't want to have to choose stuff I don't like in order to get the effects I want, not to mention having to change wardrobes whenever you want to prioritize something else. It's enough having to have different weapons for different situations IMO..

Author:   XtremeBladesta
Date:   Jun 06, 13 at 8:29am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
quote Aulis Vaara
quote Coi Cki

Ditto. I like stuff being vanilla in that respect. I don't want to have to choose stuff I don't like in order to get the effects I want, not to mention having to change wardrobes whenever you want to prioritize something else. It's enough having to have different weapons for different situations IMO..
I agree. How about, then, maybe some sort of general armor upgrades? Like, for example, you could purchase a Hyperion Capacitor or something like that and it'll show up on your person and increase Hyperion damage a bit, but it's still affected by the skin, so it wouldn't just glaringly stand out. And you would only be able to have 1 or 2 of those things equipped at a time.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.