Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Borderlands 3/Sequel - Ideas and Speculation Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1820708-borderlands-3-sequel-ideas-speculation-thread/

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 6:38am (PST)
Subject:   Borderlands 3/Sequel - Ideas and Speculation Thread
-------------------------------------------
Well, it's high time we added this. OK, rather it's a little early since they haven't even finished pumping out DLC for 2, but I thought it would be good to start this up.

What features would you like to see built into the next game?

Have you noticed something in this game that would suggest content for the sequel?

Etc.

Now, the most obvious one is about the multiple vaults featured at the end of BL2. Now, that to me suggests either there will be multiple, but perhaps smaller vaults, or they plan multiple sequels each attacking a different vault, OR a MMO of some sort (AKA: Borderworlds).

On the features side, something occurred to me while I was farming Terra....A way of getting loot you might have missed. My idea is to have a sort of special vendor in your base that offers the last 10 or so of each rarity above blue. The items will be perhaps the same price as their sell value, or maybe double that, or half the listed value so it isn't just an excuse to be lazy or something.

The reason for this idea is that the game drops a LOT of loot, and sometimes it's either inaccessible (drops into an area you can't reach, or falls through the floor, etc), or requires a time/trial and error to get it if it drops in troublesome location.

For example, there was a corrosive Norfleet that dropped when I, and three other players were farming Verminivous. It dropped out of the regular map area, and into a region where you were insta-killed by turrets. We tried for a good 30 or 40 minutes and it just didn't work and we gave up one of the better oranges in the game because of bad luck.

The most notable example of this issue though, is The Warrior. On occasion, loot spawns under its body, and as the Oranges tend to drop near him this means that even though you could spend hours farming for an orange drop, if it appeared there it meant either a loss, or (as it was later found) going through the previous area all over again to despawn the Warrior..

Author:   BrokenKnights
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 7:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: Borderlands 3/Sequel - Ideas and Speculation Thread
My biggest speculation/guess would be that Lilith, Mordecai, and Brick return as playable characters -- Lilith with new slag/siren powers, Mordecai with a new action skill (obviously), and Brick with an action skill focused around his hammer.

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Jan 21, 13 at 7:19am (PST)
I speculate that each of the mentor characters - Lilith, Brick, Moredcai, maybe even Clap Trap, Tina, Scooter etc - will have their own Vault to deal with, and act in much the same way that Angel did in providing exposition, dropping hints and generally letting you know what's going on in the story, but each in their own inimitable fashion.
I think each of the companies might get a Vault of their own, and maybe the enemies and such will be themed around that. Lots of elemental foes and loot for the Maliwan Vault, for example. Probably too obvious, and not really that likely since we've had the TORGUE DLC.

Maybe this time you'll get a create-a-character option, with soliders, sirens, assassins, gunzerkers etc as classes rather than predefined characters.

I'd lke to see Brick and Tiny Tina combined into one character, have her sitting on his shoulders lobbing bombs at things like in the sketch during the closing credits.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 8:40am (PST)
Why just not make Tiny Tina like the Mechromancer, but even better? They do have similar features in looks to each other. I can see Tiny Tina using bombs maybe even becoming a Bomb Engineer or something.

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 7:43pm (PST)
Because Axton, with the right spec and a TORGUE! weapon, can do enough damage with explosions that Tina would be superfluous as a single character.
Also, I find that image amusing.

Date:   Jan 22, 13 at 11:37pm (PST)
Yeah, but Axton's special isn't built around explosions (well, the Mini-nuke special effect aside, but that's optional). I'm thinking Tiny Tina's special would be more like "infinite grenade usage" for a short period of times, with buffs like 'increased explosive/grenade damage resistance' as well. I could also see her special making it so fuses were shortened or cut out entirely (perhaps as a 1 point skill).

So yeah, I definitely can see an older Tiny Tina as playable in the next game.

Author:   Aragorn Vzla
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 5:22am (PST)
+1 on Lilith and the other characters from Borderlands 1 becoming playable again (that doesn't mean that the new playable characters won't be featured, maybe they can work around how the two sirens can play differently but there's no problem with the rest since the only character that had the same action skill is not be playable anymore sadface )

+1 on different npc's being the guide for the search in multiple planets, that also allows for some better expansions. New expansions could be new planets to search similar to Borderlands 1 dlc's (especially Dr. Ned's Island) that had a different tone instead of looking like just another Borderlands quest.

+1 on Tiny Tina having her own class, I don't think it was the best character of the game, but an action skill revolving around the use of grenades "sounds like a blast" (couldn't resist...)

Author:   budgiemiester
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 4:21pm (PST)
Bet just about anything next 1 won't be out till the next gen consoles are here. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a death match style spinoff!

Author:   Marshal
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 6:38am (PST)
I haven’t finished the game yet( made it to chapter 17 last night)so these ideas are based on what I think is missing from B2 and should be added in the sequel.

RPGs – I know they’re in the game, but they have the same fire mechanic, fire. Some should fire, some should require a target to lock on to and some should shoot into the air split into 50 and causes hellfire from above.
L/HMGs - they’re in the game, but as assault rifles. Give them their own weapon category.
A base/home. A room for each of the playable characters; an armoury, trophy room etc.
Acknowledgement. The only acknowledges a single vault hunter is in the room, just throw a word in when there’s more people playing.
Weapon attachments. I can pick something up that’s great, but it fires 3 rounds and has a capacity of 7Add a workbench or an attachment upgrade system.
A bigger party. I’m going to be daft and assume that RPGs only allow a 4 man party due to the limits of current gen consoles. The next game will be out in 2 years on a next gen console, so give me a party of 6.
More choice. I’m fine with a clear start and end point, but let me make decisions on the way that could help or f-me up. Failure should be an option, every now and then.

I don't know who lives or dies yet, but I like the idea of NPCs being added to the playable roster.

I don't know exactly how the game ends, but Shadow of Death's idea sounds brilliant. Give me planets to visit, a space station and a ship I can buy or at least name - out of a list of possibilities.

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 7:26am (PST)
I think that for the next game, they should raise the level cap right off the bat, and perhaps add even more choice to how to build up our skill trees. And more inventory/ bank space.

What I'd also like to see, is a "driver" class, or skill set, that would make vehicles better. Or vehicles have their own "skill tree" you could access in Catch-A-Ride, giving control over how to upgrade the vehicles to the player. Not happy with that low boost? Apply more... That mounted gun not quite doing it for you? Well... Replace it with something awesome from your inventory. Those kind of things.

Author:   Ulti9999
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 7:59am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Yeah, but Axton's special isn't built around explosions (well, the Mini-nuke special effect aside, but that's optional). I'm thinking Tiny Tina's special would be more like "infinite grenade usage" for a short period of times, with buffs like 'increased explosive/grenade damage resistance' as well. I could also see her special making it so fuses were shortened or cut out entirely (perhaps as a 1 point skill).

So yeah, I definitely can see an older Tiny Tina as playable in the next game.
Can you imagine the epic quotes we'd get from Tiny Tina in battle? I want her in a sequel *-*
Especially considering we got no explosive expert in this Borderlands.
I'd also want to see the Siren class become balanced again; I've always been dedicated to this class since Borderlands 1, but in 2 I was basically Tank / Healer. Cataclysm was downright bad in this game, and I'd like to see it somewhat better, not broken, but usable.

Also, just a thought, but how would it sound if in Borderlands 3 we got Lilith, and for her action skill, she could choose between Phasewalk, Phaselock, or a new Phase skill (Phasefield?)
Or is this a no no since each Siren has their own individual unique power?

Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 8:36am (PST)
Ulti9999 - All sirens, of which there are only like 6 or 7 in the universe at a given time, have their own powers. It was thought that Commandant Steele was one of the Sirens, so that would be one down. Lilith and Maya are another two, and You-Know-Who was yet another one....So yeah, there might be two or 3 remaining. Plenty for usage in Sequels in any case.

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:57am (PST)
6 Sirens, Shadow of Death. And yeah, Commandant Steele certainly had the blue tattoos that would indicate her being a Siren.

Maybe it's just me or a memory fail on my part, but the way Jack said it "6 Sirens at any given time", suggests that when Steele died, a new Siren was born. Sounded like it's a constant.

Author:   Nightmare Samurai
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote Coi Cki
6 Sirens, Shadow of Death. And yeah, Commandant Steele certainly had the blue tattoos that would indicate her being a Siren.

Maybe it's just me or a memory fail on my part, but the way Jack said it "6 Sirens at any given time", suggests that when Steele died, a new Siren was born. Sounded like it's a constant.
Borderlands had some comics that I believe confirmed Steele as a Siren.

As for additions...
More computer controlled NPC helping you out in battle. It was kind of awesome having the original Vault Hunters battle alongside you, would be nice to have Tiny Tina throwing grenades off the top of a building to help you or kill you, Scooter taking the wheel while you're on the turret, Brick and Salvador punching people in the face.

Author:   DQ junkee
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 6:24pm (PST)
make rocks less slippery.

boost loot drop rates. i know i know, the more people the better the loot but 2 people should be able to get some loot without having to farm for too long. maybe the longer you go without getting something rare (purple and above) the higher the chance?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.