Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Past or Present Characters? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1796806-past-present-characters/

Author:   EricF
Date:   Nov 24, 12 at 7:43am (PST)
Subject:   Past or Present Characters?
-------------------------------------------
Since I'm still yet to play Borderlands 2, I was wondering whose side most of you guys are on. I thought, on the first game Lilith and Mordecai were fantastic characters to play as. Brick was okay if you were into messing shit up, and Roland was pretty dull and generic as a whole. But still, at least 2 of the characters were really enjoyable, and Siren's special ability was always fun.

Which game has better main characters, and why?

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Nov 24, 12 at 8:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: Past or Present Characters?
Well, they develop the old characters (BL1) more in BL2, and BL2 playable characters are more fleshed out than the original 4 were in the first game.

I'd say that, so far as abilities go anyway it's like this for me so far:

Lilith > Zero > Maya > Mordecai > ???? > ???? > ???? > ????

I'm sure I'll put the Commando (Axton) over the Soldier (Roland) though, since Axton's ability is an evolution of Roland's. I haven't played Axton though, nor Salvador. I didn't like Brick much, so I expect him to be on the bottom.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Nov 25, 12 at 8:01am (PST)
When Borderlands 1 was in its prime, and Borderlands 2 hadn't been conceived yet, I only liked Roland and Mordecai. Only played as Brick and Lilth for an hour or so.

Fast forward to Borderlands 2 and Lilith irritates me, I still don't like Brick, Mordecai gives you one of the worst missions ever, Roland is weird. As for the new guys, I have level 50 versions of Gaige, Zer0 and Axton. I liked all 3 though Zer0 is a bit too squishy. Maya just seems boring to play as to be honest, while i'm partially looking forward to playing as Salvador.

Starting with my most liked, it would go:

Gaige>Axton>Zer0>Mordecai>Salvador>Maya>Roland>Lilith>Brick

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Nov 25, 12 at 10:47am (PST)
Overall, 2 has better characters, But I really enjoyed playing as lilith in the first one.

I prefer characters with better defensive skills.

Gaige > Zer0 > Lilith > Salvador > Brick > Maya > Axton > Roland > Mordecai.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.