Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 100% Achievements - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1770650-100-achievements/

Author:   overlordlaharl134
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 11:35am (PST)
Subject:   100% Achievements
-------------------------------------------
Soooo I am quite close to getting all 50 achievements, and i have gotten it down to 4.

Challenge Accepted:If i understand this achievement correctly, the only challenge i need is the Jimmy Jenkins one. I am pretty sure i do not need to do the Area-Specific challenges. and I have a "trick" to do Jimmy with

The other 3 are class specific, i need to Phaselock 100 enemies, which is pretty much easy sauce, but then the other 2 seem to take more of a commitment, Gunzerking for 90 seconds continuesly and Stay in Deception mode for 10 seconds continuously. Im sure i have to spec correctly with each character or something but damn......gonna take a long time, especially since i do not have an Assassin yet.

Any tips on how to do these 4 quicker?

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 100% Achievements
The challenge one is misleading. Have you done Catch a Rocket and Shotgun Sniper? If not, you gotta get all five levels of Open Wide! and Splish Splash to unlock em, and THEN you'll get the Trophy/Achievement.

I got the Platinum Trophy a few days ago. Last one I got was Axton's turret getting 100 kills, which honestly doesn't take all that long. Level your Axton up to around Level 9 with a friend online, start a new game, and only use the turret to kill people. Phaselock also isn't hard, as you can use the same enemy over and over and over.

For both Zer0 and Salvador, I believe you need Level 31 characters. I used Salvador from the get-go so I was prime for that one, but I just did the same thing I recommended for Axton to get Zer0's Trophy. Power-level with a Level 50 friend of yours and you'll have all these Achievements before this day's end.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:21pm (PST)
No, i didn't have those 2 challenges done (Open Wide and Splish Splash) and im not very close on them, going for 4 on Open Wide and 3 on SPlish Splash. So that is 2 more challenges and Jenkins to do.... Plus grinding for levels on 2 characters. Alright.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
I have those achievements/trophies to do and like kill a chubby and Donkey Mong.

What the hell are those anyway? :<
I'm hoping to Platinum the game for when I come home for Christmas from uni

How would you stay in deception mode for 10 secs? I assume there's a skill to increase it but idk how that would work

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:45pm (PST)
Chubbies are a rare spawn, i believe they can spawn as Skags, Varkids, and Midgets, nto sure about anymore. Donkey Mong is a rare spawn Bullymong in the Eridium Blight, he usually spawns in the area near the entrance to Hero's Pass

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Whelan - Donkey Mong I believe, is in Eridian Blight, just wandering around. He's an oversize Billymong. He's not actually that strong really. Just get out your best weapons and waste him.

Chubbies are randomly spawning fat midget bandits, basically. I've killed at least one, possibly another.

As for staying in deception for 10+ seconds, I assume it has got to do with the final deception skill in the Bloodshed tree called "Many Must Fall" where it redeploys a decoy and adds time to deception, each time you kill an enemy with melee in deception.

EDIT: Apparently overlordlaharl134 knows more than I do about those spawns XD

Author:   Paper Fox
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:03pm (PST)
If it helps, I killed a chubby varkid which spawned in the Caustic Caverns. I know I've killed at least 2 chubbys, can't remember if the second one was a varkid as well.
Is Donkey Mong a spawn in the same area as King Mong?

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:08pm (PST)
I have seen King Mong spawn by the door to Arid Nexus, and on the hill outside of The Hero Pass entrance, Donkey spawns close to the latter location, down the hill and heading towards the Ore Chasm and the Arid Nexus entrance.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:35pm (PST)
King Mong in short, spawns anywhere in Eridian Blight that actually make some sense for a creature of his size (maybe some exceptions, I dunno).

I've beaten him twice, in Playthrough 1. So I don't think he's THAT rare of a spawn.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:39pm (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
King Mong in short, spawns anywhere in Eridian Blight that actually make some sense for a creature of his size (maybe some exceptions, I dunno).

I've beaten him twice, in Playthrough 1. So I don't think he's THAT rare of a spawn.
He shows up in one of those 2 places everytime i goto Eridium Blight

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:47pm (PST)
There can be Chubby Spiderants, too.

As far as Donkey Mong, Knightmare Chaotix and I had tons of trouble finding him as well. What I did was go to the Blight and take a car through the Hyperion door just near the fast travel. This is apparently where King Mong spawns the most. If I saw King Mong, I'd instantly quit and reload and go back searching for Donkey Mong. I found him on the left portion of the map a bit away from the spot you go for to do the Kill Yourself side mission.

Shadow of Death is right btw. King Mong is a ridiculously non-rare spawn. I found him at least 20 times whilst going for Donkey Mong. If anyone says otherwise, either their game is glitched, or they're lying.

Jimmy Jenkins is a rare spawn, but he's easier to find in three places (so I've heard). The Dust, Opportunity, and the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. You know the mission in the Preserve to find those Audio logs for Tannis? The second or third log is in a group of 4 boxes about halfway through the Preserve. As far as I know, this is the best place to look for Jimmy Jenkins, and I can most certainly assure you this is where I found him. Fight your way through until you encounter the bots fighting Stalkers. Kill that bunch off until the Badass Loader comes out, then either kill him or run past him to the room near Bloodwing's Enclosure (NOT the room where you actually meet Bloodwing. People don't make that clear. It's near his Enclosure, NOT him). Open all the boxes in this room. If Jenkins doesn't appear, reload, rinse, and repeat.

Another Challenge I had trouble with was Blue Sparks because it confused me. I didn't know if you had to boost over enemies or skid over them or what. So it turns out you hold the brake button before you begin moving, and right before you hit the enemy, try to kinda turn a bit. I did this in the Dust by weakening Bandit Technicals and power sliding into them for the final hit. Worked a charm.

Any other problems?

Author:   Paper Fox
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:04pm (PST)
Yo Ditno, I can't believe you got the Plat so quick, *bleep* you man!
Do you know if I still have a good chance of finding Jimmy if I've already done the story missions on playthrough 1? I already know about the spawns in the Exploitation Preserve while Doctors Orders is active, so I tried farming Opportunity a bit and no dice. Should I just try to farm the Preserve again in TVHM?

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:11pm (PST)
Do Loot Midgets only spawn alot in there during Doctors Orders? Or is that some kind of HotSpot, i remember first time i went in there i got 4 midgets at once

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:27pm (PST)
It's not reliant on the mission, you can go back there outside of the mission and still have just as much of a chance of getting Jenkins as if you were doing it during Doctor's Orders. That's how I got it, trust me.

Paps, I'm sorry, I just had too much fun with this game to not get plat

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:57pm (PST)
Sadly, the only progress so far has been doing Splish Splash, progress on Open Wide, getting Catch a Rocket as soon as it was unlocked by SPlish Splash, and getting some levels on a Gunzerker....enough to get acouple points into the Adds Time ti Gunzerking per kill. Nothing on Assassin yet though.

EDIT:Jimmy still being a bitch Been running Ditnopota's thing for awhile now, gonna keep going though. OMG thought i had him, saw a Loot Midget i had never seen, but it was just a midget jet.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.