Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Assassin: Bloodshed Tree - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1769376-assassin-bloodshed-tree/2.htm

Author:   Mister Ivanovich
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 2:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Assassin: Bloodshed Tree
-------------------------------------------
Thanks for the tips! I think I'll be fine with what I've put points in, but I may respec just to try and follow an established path before I play around with it. Like I said, I don't play this all that much, so I really just enjoy being able to pick it up every once in a while and not suck for 30 minutes before giving it up again and again.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 6:57pm (PST)
Well, I've been playing as Zero (arrived in Sanctuary a short time ago). So far it's pretty decent, you can do a lot of damage. I also found (well, bought) my first +melee class mod (22% bonus). That should add some decent amount of damage.

I really do need that final skill though, plus the one that regens health whilst in deception because I tend to get a lot of damage in that mode.

Fortunately I have a nice explosive pistol with +50% melee damage. It's good in its own right, but the real benefit of course is bonus melee damage.

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
Tried a Bloodshed build with the Law and Love Thumper, I still don't think it's as effective as a Snipe/Cunning build for Zer0. It's really fun alternative to shooting things all the time though. As a sniper, I'm doing north of 1,000,000 damage with a non-elemental Vladof boosted with The Bee and all the multipliers from the Sniping tree. Also +9.1% gun damage and +8.4% critical damage from Badass ranks.

This message was edited on 2012-10-02T22:21:47-07:00.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:44pm (PST)
AznLiquid

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 1:38am (PST)
Ajax - yeah, every time I see his badassery, I can't wait until I can do that. Though I'm going to keep my +5% Rare Loot Drop chance relic. Will nerf me a bit, but goddamn it UBER LOOT IS AWESOME! GIMMEH!

Unlike BL1, it seems Rare Loot boost actually works this time around. Well, it DID work in BL1, but only against certain enemies (Badasses and a few others, I think).

Speaking of nerfing, I really hope they don't nerf Zero. I know he's a bit overpowered when specced out right, but it's a somewhat unorthodox way of playing considering all the guns in the game, those that are willing to focus on the melee aspects of the game should be rewarded in the end with a badass character.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:49am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Ajax - yeah, every time I see his badassery, I can't wait until I can do that. Though I'm going to keep my +5% Rare Loot Drop chance relic. Will nerf me a bit, but goddamn it UBER LOOT IS AWESOME! GIMMEH!

Unlike BL1, it seems Rare Loot boost actually works this time around. Well, it DID work in BL1, but only against certain enemies (Badasses and a few others, I think).

Speaking of nerfing, I really hope they don't nerf Zero. I know he's a bit overpowered when specced out right, but it's a somewhat unorthodox way of playing considering all the guns in the game, those that are willing to focus on the melee aspects of the game should be rewarded in the end with a badass character.
Why would they nerf Zer0? All the characters are overpowered when specced right.

All they need to do to completely screw Zer0 players over is nerf Love Thumper and The Bee.

Love Thumper = pure offensive melee. The Bee = pure sniping.

A hybrid Zer0 doesn't interest me, why be ok at two things when I can be great at either?

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
Ajax, yeah I can do the same thing in the video with my pure-melee build. It's just that I can clear the same areas way faster as a sniper, since I have pretty good aim.

And if anyone needs nerfing, it's Axton. Zer0 actually does take the most skill to be really good at.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 9:38am (PST)
quote AznLiquid
Ajax, yeah I can do the same thing in the video with my pure-melee build. It's just that I can clear the same areas way faster as a sniper, since I have pretty good aim.

And if anyone needs nerfing, it's Axton. Zer0 actually does take the most skill to be really good at.
PC = good aim. Why anyone would bother being Zer0 on console, I dunno.

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:20pm (PST)
quote Ajax
quote AznLiquid

PC = good aim. Why anyone would bother being Zer0 on console, I dunno.
Why do PC players always act like it's hard to aim on console? I'll never understand that....

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:36pm (PST)
quote Mister Ivanovich
So... Maybe I'm just terrible at playing games like these as a close-range character, but I feel like investing in the Bloodshed skill tree while you play through the game is a bit under powered. No matter how well I try to utilize my abilities (shoot with shotgun then melee attack to maximize damage, shoot before using the Deception ability so I can melee out of it, etc...), it seems that I always seem to be very vulnerable to ANYTHING that has high damage output. Regardless of what type of weapon they have, be it a shotgun or otherwise, if I try to take advantage of my abilities that I've been putting points into, I typically get gunned down in a solid 15 seconds.

To avoid the aforementioned gunning down, I typically end up taking advantage of the shoddy AI and find a spot that the enemies don't walk out of so I can snipe them until they die. But since I've put no points into the sniping tree, whatever it's called, I get no bonuses and I feel like I'm doing my playthrough an injustice by not being a bloodthirsty close-ranger.

Any tips to make me be even more incredibly badass, except... At close range, this time?

Wait, so you can't be overpowered using melee in a FPS?! I'll be damned....

He can be decent with melee, you just need all the skills/relics/melee boost weapons you can find. Every bonus helps, but it's still not easy when there is a group of enemies and you have to get close up to take care of just one of them. The play style leaves you vulnerable to getting shot from all angles but some good tips in here to make it work. Once you are near max level you will have the Bloodshed skill tree maxed out, which enables you to use Decepti0n, kill enemy, reuse Decepti0n. Rinse & repeat. I would also use the remaining points to put in to Counter Strike which after 5 ranks you melee can do 250% more dmg after you get hit. This build can be powerful but it takes some patience to get there.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:46pm (PST)
quote MLongfellowDeeds
Why do PC players always act like it's hard to aim on console? I'll never understand that....
The mouse is much faster and more accurate than an analog stick, it's fact. Your wrist snaps faster than you can roll your thumb. I'm pretty sure aim tests like this are pretty much impossible with a controller.

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:12pm (PST)
quote AznLiquid
quote MLongfellowDeeds
The mouse is much faster and more accurate than an analog stick, it's fact. Your wrist snaps faster than you can roll your thumb. I'm pretty sure aim tests like this are pretty much impossible with a controller.
Perhaps, but when is it ever necessary to aim that fast in an FPS in the first place?
It's still easy to shoot things even without auto aim and it's easy to target most enemy crit points.

It's a matter of personal preference.
PC gamers just think console is worse because they're not used to it and vice versa.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:41pm (PST)
quote Kommando
Perhaps, but when is it ever necessary to aim that fast in an FPS in the first place?

Here's a good example. Borderlands is a fairly slow-paced FPS (except when dueling), but games like Counter-Strike, Quake, Tribes, all require you to aim and shoot your target in a split second. Controllers have their own advantages, mainly with action-adventure games like Prince of Persia and Batman: AA/AC but aiming with a mouse is a distinct advantage in shooting games.

This message was edited on 2012-10-03T15:53:08-07:00.

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:55pm (PST)
quote AznLiquid
quote Kommando

Here's a good example. Borderlands is a fairly slow-paced FPS, but games like Counter-Strike, Quake, Tribes, all require you to aim and shoot your target in a split second. Controllers have their own advantages, mainly with action-adventure games like Prince of Persia and Batman: AA/AC but aiming with a mouse is a distinct advantage in shooting games.
That's what I'm saying. The whole "aiming is better on PC" argument isn't relevant to this game, even if you do spec for maximum crit bonuses. The only reason I respec'd my Zer0 from sniper to bloodshed is becuase I got bored of killing things so easily.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 4:29pm (PST)
As a largely PvE game, you probably don't need lightning fast aim. But if I started dueling other players on Steam with my 360 controller, I'd be handicapping myself.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.