Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Axtons Turret - Two Turrets or Double Firepower + Rocket Pods? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1763672-axtons-turret-two-turrets-double-firepower-rocket-pods/

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 5:38pm (PST)
Subject:   Axtons Turret - Two Turrets or Double Firepower + Rocket Pods?
-------------------------------------------
So i went through the game as Axton, upgrading the Guerilla side of the Skill tree(I think), to get the double barrel turrets. However i just purchased a skill reset and stuck them all on the other side to get 2 Turrets that stick to any surface.

Was just wondering anyones views on this for anyone you has tried both ways a bit. I'm gonna give the duel turrets ago tomorrow.

So, which is best?

Author:   Solx
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:44pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Axtons Turret - Two Turrets or Double Firepower + Rocket Pods?
You can have 2 Turrets that fire Rockets FYI.

Author:   Theman
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 10:47am (PST)
Have the double barrel turrets because they have slag. They let you do slag duty for your team or yourself so that way your team or you can have a diffent gun and do double the damage.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
Can't you also pull double barreled slag rocket turrets? That'd be scary. Me, I'm going for two rocket turrets. Then again, the middle skill tree lets you Longbow the turret, and then, upon deploying, it explodes like a nuke, and starts shooting again. Think about that for a moment. Long range surgical nuclear strikes, and then it starts firing missiles everywhere. So many possibilities with the Sabre turret. Either a 22-shot per volley rocket turret, a teleporting nuclear turret, or two turrets, with a combination of either magnetic or rocket, or something else entirely. Too bad it can't be elementalized apart from slag. I'd love to have a napalm rocket turret, or acid bullets, or lightning rockets.

When you get the rocket pods, does it still fire bullets though? That just makes it an evil machine if so.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 11:14am (PST)
quote Megas MkII
Can't you also pull double barreled slag rocket turrets? That'd be scary. Me, I'm going for two rocket turrets. Then again, the middle skill tree lets you Longbow the turret, and then, upon deploying, it explodes like a nuke, and starts shooting again. Think about that for a moment. Long range surgical nuclear strikes, and then it starts firing missiles everywhere. So many possibilities with the Sabre turret. Either a 22-shot per volley rocket turret, a teleporting nuclear turret, or two turrets, with a combination of either magnetic or rocket, or something else entirely. Too bad it can't be elementalized apart from slag. I'd love to have a napalm rocket turret, or acid bullets, or lightning rockets.

When you get the rocket pods, does it still fire bullets though? That just makes it an evil machine if so.
You get the rocket pods at the gamechanger skill half way down the first tree, and yes it does still fire bullets.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 12:04pm (PST)
I'm going to have a lot of fun. And I know it's the gamechanger. I just didn't know if it still gave enemies lead poisoning in addition to blowing them apart.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 12:06pm (PST)
I can't say anything for the double turrets but the rockets SMASH UP EVERYTHING. I mean no matter what it is the Rockets plus the turret just demolish.

Author:   SuggZugg
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 4:24pm (PST)
I have dual shielded sticky rocket turrets. They completely decimate everything, not to mention I have a class mod that adds points to the Resourceful skill which lowers the cooldown and gives an additional 30% cooldown reduction. I did the math and I have a 12.6 second cooldown on my turret. I love that thing so much. I pretty much just stick em to the walls if I'm in a building and they just light everything up. My buddy who plays Zer0 loves them too, but he also hates them cause they take all his kills haha.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:02am (PST)
quote SuggZugg
I have dual shielded sticky rocket turrets. They completely decimate everything, not to mention I have a class mod that adds points to the Resourceful skill which lowers the cooldown and gives an additional 30% cooldown reduction. I did the math and I have a 12.6 second cooldown on my turret. I love that thing so much. I pretty much just stick em to the walls if I'm in a building and they just light everything up. My buddy who plays Zer0 loves them too, but he also hates them cause they take all his kills haha.
Holy cow man. 12.6 second cooldown, that rocks.
(I think his turret shot the cow. )

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 12:12pm (PST)
Just wait till the level cap goes up and we eventually get dual sticky nuclear slag rocket turrets.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 12:19pm (PST)
quote SuggZugg
Shit that be incredible

Author:   SuggZugg
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:16pm (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
Just wait till the level cap goes up and we eventually get dual sticky nuclear slag rocket turrets.
Haha only if it's higher than the first level cap increase from the first game. If it's only 69 then there will only be enough skill points to either complete 2 trees or a tree and half of two trees. I'm personally going to go with dual shielded sticky turrets with slag. Imagine four rocket pods lighting up a slagged enemy. Talk about overkill!

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:04pm (PST)
can you get dual rocket slag? that seems like the best bet to me, like just forget about the sticky and shield part of it.

Author:   DestiniesFool
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:42am (PST)
quote Shinobi_razor
I haven't even started a commando character yet. This thread, and particularly this post, has just stalled out my assassin character and demanded my immediate building of a commando!!

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 8:02am (PST)
Nuclear Rocket Longbow Turrets that shoots 22 Rockets per volley and can last 10+ seconds with the right mod having a 15-20 second cooldown.

If the nuke doesn't kill it the rockets will. Sit back, grab a cup of coffee and a magazine maybe read a few emails while your turret does all the work. ALL THE WORK.

And when the level cap increases that turret will be broken.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.