Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Things you love/hate about the game - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1763450-things-you-love-hate-about-game/4.htm

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Things you love/hate about the game
-------------------------------------------
Something i hate which isnt really the fault of the developers:

I play regularly with two mates and BOTH of them play as Zero. He is the most annoying character possible to play alongside.

- First of all his ability is kinda selfish. My Sabre turret helps everyone out, especially with its slag bullets as does the Sirens ability and it never hurts to have a tank like Salvador while he's Gunzerking to hide behind. But having a bloke who dissapears a lot and buggers off OR sits a mile away picking guys off isnt a whole load of help. Sure he can be useful, but not as much as other characters.

- Next his ability gets me killed. Any time my two mates and I spot a boss character or large group of enemies they cloak themselves and though some enemies attack the decoy loads switch over to attack me. If my Turret isnt charged it just gets insane. If they are already cloaked as a new group of enemies appear its even worse. They ALL go for me.

- Also he just talks some amount of crap. "Your eyes decieve you". Why are you telling the enemies that if you are trying to decieve them? LOL. It really gets on my nerves.

I quite fancy starting a game as Zero as he looks decent on his own, but playing with two of them on your team is really annoying. It often feels like im kind of on my own.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 8:22am (PST)
quote KR_1250
Something i hate which isnt really the fault of the developers:

I play regularly with two mates and BOTH of them play as Zero. He is the most annoying character possible to play alongside.

- First of all his ability is kinda selfish. My Sabre turret helps everyone out, especially with its slag bullets as does the Sirens ability and it never hurts to have a tank like Salvador while he's Gunzerking to hide behind. But having a bloke who dissapears a lot and buggers off OR sits a mile away picking guys off isnt a whole load of help. Sure he can be useful, but not as much as other characters.

- Next his ability gets me killed. Any time my two mates and I spot a boss character or large group of enemies they cloak themselves and though some enemies attack the decoy loads switch over to attack me. If my Turret isnt charged it just gets insane. If they are already cloaked as a new group of enemies appear its even worse. They ALL go for me.

- Also he just talks some amount of crap. "Your eyes decieve you". Why are you telling the enemies that if you are trying to decieve them? LOL. It really gets on my nerves.

I quite fancy starting a game as Zero as he looks decent on his own, but playing with two of them on your team is really annoying. It often feels like im kind of on my own.
Your mates are dicks for both choosing Zer0. I play a melee based Zer0 that *bleep*s shit up and one or two-shots everything, I'm also the guy who Decepti0n's and revives people if my mate who plays Siren's phase-lock/Res ability is still cooling down. I run ahead, choose the biggest guy (a lot of the time a Nomad with a shield), Decepti0n and *bleep* his shit up, then move to the smaller guys.

Your mates probably aim their holograms between you and the enemy/s. Sponging some bullets just to put the hologram in the middle of the group of enemies is better than both of them being lazy and leaving you hanging out to dry.

Zer0's fragile, but not that fragile.

Also, if they're whoring the Sniping tree like most Zer0's, they shouldn't be using Decepti0n for anything but reviving team mates. Unless you guys are getting destroyed, and that 0.5 second Decepti0n headshot is drastically needed, they shouldn't be disappearing on you to let an Axton bullet sponge.

Let them know that a lot of Zer0's sniping tree still gives bonuses to other weapons, and that there's no weapon proficiencies in this game. Sniper rifle's aren't amazing in this game. Just about everything out DPS' them.

Author:   Solx
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 8:40am (PST)
quote PokeFreak1994
quote AznLiquid
Whoever designed a sniper rifle that consumes multiple ammo per shot AND is burst-fire when zoomed obviously does not understand the concept of sniper rifles.

And I'm not digging some of these weapon designs. Maliwan SMGs in particular seem to be made by Apple.
i love this. I have an e tech sniper with fire damage. Shoots six shots in a straight line and always insta kills. 803x6 is to be feared
.....Not the XNumber rifles those are like super accurate shotguns, the ones with the FLAVOR TEXT "Burst Fire When Zoomed"
Burst = 1>1>1>1 one AFTER the other. This makes retarded amount of ammo waste.
10,000 X4 (Example) = This is 4 Shots AT THE SAME TIME, BUT it ONLY consumes 1 ammo and basically turns it 4.

and

"Consumes X ammo Per Shot" that is example "Consumes 4 ammo Per 1 SHOT".......

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
Ajax - Just FYI, but aside from rocket launchers, snipers are usually the only weapons that can One-Hit kill enemies at or around your level. A good sniper + High Amp damage = awesome for picking off long or medium-range enemies. Mind you, I have The Bee orange shield. Shitty capacity, but over 4K bonus amp damage (more than my best sniper so far XD).

I play as a Siren, BTW.

Solx - Sure, normally burst-fire on a Sniper is a bad idea, but it CAN work pretty well. This was a godly weapon for a while (about 2x the damage I normally found for snipers at the time, PLUS elemental damage and was accurate enough with burst fire to kill most things, especially with headshots mixed in):

I'm transferring it to another character once I start one and it gets around the level requirement.

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
Snipers that consume 2 ammo per shot can be good sometimes. If it actually does x2 the damage of the next best 1 ammo sniper, I'll take it. But I never use burst-fire snipers. My first shot is already a critical, then it recoils off target, which is basically wasting 2+ bullets. I can see it being useful if you're essentially using it as a high damage assault rifle, but that's not my style.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 9:57pm (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Ajax - Just FYI, but aside from rocket launchers, snipers are usually the only weapons that can One-Hit kill enemies at or around your level. A good sniper + High Amp damage = awesome for picking off long or medium-range enemies. Mind you, I have The Bee orange shield. Shitty capacity, but over 4K bonus amp damage (more than my best sniper so far XD).

So, more than half the damage you get from a sniper, doesn't come from a sniper?

Take off The Bee and tell me which gets more DPS.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 10:05pm (PST)
quote Ajax
quote Shadow of Death

So, more than half the damage you get from a sniper, doesn't come from a sniper?

Take off The Bee and tell me which gets more DPS.
Erm, what are you asking me to compare the sniper to, The Bee's amp damage? Yeah, I should test it to see how often its effect comes into play, and if I need to pause shooting for it to recharge or not.

Anyway, I know the sniper isn't great for doing lots of damage over a period of time since it has a smaller clip than most weapons, and generally slower fire rate. It's a one/two hit wonder type weapon designed solely for maximum critical damage, as well as being used for long/medium range combat.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I feel like a badass getting a headshot from a good distance with iron sights (That Chikamin Buffalo rifle or whatever it's called).

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:48pm (PST)
quote Ajax
Your mates are dicks for both choosing Zer0. I play a melee based Zer0 that *bleep*s shit up and one or two-shots everything, I'm also the guy who Decepti0n's and revives people if my mate who plays Siren's phase-lock/Res ability is still cooling down. I run ahead, choose the biggest guy (a lot of the time a Nomad with a shield), Decepti0n and *bleep* his shit up, then move to the smaller guys.
Whoa, i wouldnt exactly call them dicks. Well actually i would but not for the reason stated. They both picked Zero independantly. Its not like they conspired against me. And playing with a Melee Zero... dunno. I cant be sure what skills they picked and dont know what zero's looks like. They do cloak then Melee an aweful lot. Its very annoying.

Your mates probably aim their holograms between you and the enemy/s. Sponging some bullets just to put the hologram in the middle of the group of enemies is better than both of them being lazy and leaving you hanging out to dry.
All i know is they dissapear and bugger off to knife one guy whilst im fighting like ten. Dont know where they go because i cant see them LOL. And with that characters skill its just gonna happen sometimes. Not every enemy attacks the decoy aswell. I figured that out fast.

Also, if they're whoring the Sniping tree like most Zer0's, they shouldn't be using Decepti0n for anything but reviving team mates. Unless you guys are getting destroyed, and that 0.5 second Decepti0n headshot is drastically needed, they shouldn't be disappearing on you to let an Axton bullet sponge.
Dunno. No idea what his skill tree looks like. Havnt played as Zero and probably wont be doing so. Not in co-op anyway.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:53pm (PST)
As i told Ajax a few days ago, i started out as Zero first, but he was very weak and his skills where underwhelming. I started again as Axton and its much better.

I'll likely go back to Zero once i finish Playthrough 2 as Axton, simply to finish both playthroughs as each character.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 1:22am (PST)
I think Zero is pretty good, actually. He'll be much better once I can repeatedly Deception after killing an enemy whilst invisible (this will be something like 36 levels though). Be a godlike ability at that point. Maya's highest one point skills don't look nearly as interesting as this. It can be abused to get rid of all the weaklings, leaving you to deal a nice damaging blow to a more powerful enemy without interference from weaklings.

I'm imagining though, that the Siren would be the best Co-op support character. She benefits everyone, even if she isn't specced out to heal allies. It's the simple virtue of providing an easy target for everyone to shoot, whilst simultaneously taking an enemy out of combat for a while. I've got her specced out to suck enemies towards the phaselocked one, which also interrupts their combat and unsteadies them for a while. She's also specced out to cause an explosion too.

Though Axton's ability to provide general support is nothing to scoff at. Zero's Co-op abilities, I think, would be mediocre. Like the Gunzerker, it seems mainly focused on helping the user, rather than being of any special use to partners.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 2:17am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Though Axton's ability to provide general support is nothing to scoff at. Zero's Co-op abilities, I think, would be mediocre. Like the Gunzerker, it seems mainly focused on helping the user, rather than being of any special use to partners.
I'd be more than happy to swap one of my mates Zero characters for a Gunzerker. I'd much rather a high damage tank to hide behind whilst my turret recharges. And with the same cooldown and action time i think those two skills could compliment eachother.

And at least Salvadro stays visible and seems more dependable and predictable. And he doesnt talk in annoying Haikus LOL.

"Your eyes decieve you
I bugger off on my own
Help im down im down"

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:37pm (PST)
I hate Axton's entire skillset becuase he lacks any good defensive tide-turning skills and has to rely so much on his turret. His turret is good, but when it's not available, he's kind of screwed.

I mean, the other characters either have fast cooldowns for their action skills, or in salvador's case, can be beefed up enough to survive without it while it cools down. The Sabre turret has a 42 second cooldown and while it's cooling down, axton is a glass cannon at best.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:41pm (PST)
Ajax - Oh yeah, I've taken The Bee off finally. I just couldn't justify keeping it on when shields exist that have about 10K more charge on them. I am DEFINITELY still missing the amp damage though. It made the game so much easier when it was active. I'm struggling now, in playthrough 2. The cost of skipping side missions in order to save the rewards for playthrough 2.5, where they'll be level 50 I guess.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:13am (PST)
quote Kommando
[color=navy]I hate Axton's entire skillset becuase he lacks any good defensive tide-turning skills and has to rely so much on his turret. His turret is good, but when it's not available, he's kind of screwed.
That may be true, but it is not really detrimental to a co-op partner. Any Commando should just make decent use of cover and more standard FPS tactics. I do fine when my turret is cooling down. Not to mention i have 13 MIRV grenades to use during the down time.

Infact i play like a standard FPS most of the time and save my turret FOR those defensive type situations.

I do wish there were more ways to increase the cooldown rate though.

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:13am (PST)
quote KR_1250
quote Kommando
[color=navy]I hate Axton's entire skillset becuase he lacks any good defensive tide-turning skills and has to rely so much on his turret. His turret is good, but when it's not available, he's kind of screwed.
That may be true, but it is not really detrimental to a co-op partner. Any Commando should just make decent use of cover and more standard FPS tactics. I do fine when my turret is cooling down. Not to mention i have 13 MIRV grenades to use during the down time.

Infact i play like a standard FPS most of the time and save my turret FOR those defensive type situations.

I do wish there were more ways to increase the cooldown rate though.
That works for some fights, but this is a game where most enemies spawn in waves and may even literally come out of nowhere.

That wouldn't be a problem if not for 2 issues:
1. Axton's skillset doesn't provide much of an escape plan.
2. Enemies don't usually target the sabre turret unless it's the only thing they've seen.

Because of that, I die 5x more than on any other character because I'm not fast, tricky, or resilient enough to retreat before getting downed. Granted, this mostly only happens with loaders and threshers, but it makes them much more difficult than they are normally.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.