Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Badass Rank - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1761548-badass-rank/6.htm

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 7:46pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Badass Rank
-------------------------------------------
Just beat the game and finished with 13,500 badass points. Only went purposely for shooting bullymong projectiles and running things over, because they were easy as *bleep*. I don't even have the vault symbol points, didn't even bother looking since killing shit gives you way more points. Killing someone with an elemental critical hit is already like 4 things in 1.

Author:   Aouron911
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 4:18pm (PST)
my bad ass is like 618 and i only have one file level 11 if you dont believe me check my avatar its name is Aouron911

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 5:42pm (PST)
According to research, it takes somewhere near five hundred Badass Tokens to get a single skill to 100%. This means of course, that having a wide area of somewhere around ten or so specific areas that you're investing in heavily, you'll end up requring around five thousand tokens to get them all to 100%, but you don't get much choice since you pretty much don't just get a list to go down apart from, what, five things per token, randomly chosen, pretty much?

The upshot, if you go along that path, getting the five hundred tokens to get to 100% bonus in something, there are two that are absolutely godly. Reload speed. It can cut the time in half, this means that most pistols will take between half a second to a second to reload, and a good assault rifle somewhere between two and four seconds. Anything else, you can maybe pull off near rapid fire. Next, shield recharge. As it does it in the minus range, at 100%, it would automatically set the recharge of all shields to 0.0, meaning your shield just recharges. The only time it's not recharging is when it's hit or when you're under an elemental effect. The instant the bullet is blocked or the effect goes down, recharge, at higher speed, to double capacity.

I follow a simple outline for my points:

Shield Recharge Delay
Shield Recharge Rate
Shield Capacity
Gun Accuracy
Gun Damage
Gun Fire Rate
Recoil Reduction
Reload Speed
Health
Elemental Chance

One of these pops up with each token earned. So, as I said, about five thousand tokens. I've got them all at around 7-8%... I've got a long road ahead of me. But when I get there, I'll have rapid reload times, no shield will need to wait to recharge, (almost) all guns will be very accurate, will do intense damage, and all elemental effects will be very likely to happen, at least one in three shots for most Maliwan guns. This is where the game's badass quotient comes from. Start off with a fresh character that's worth, more or less, a level 4 right away.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 5:46pm (PST)
Glad to see some of you guys with awesome amounts of points! Doesn't seem like the glitch has happened to anyone else that frequents here.

Author:   Theman
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 11:09am (PST)
quote Vicarious
Glad to see some of you guys with awesome amounts of points! Doesn't seem like the glitch has happened to anyone else that frequents here.
I feel for you man. The glitch hasn't happened to me but if it did I'd most likely kill someone.

Badass rank: 33,142. Ya, I have no life.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 11:34am (PST)
Theman what do your bonuses look like? I'm at about half of your rank, and it's taking well over 100 for a single token now. Are all the stats at +10% or at least close to it?

Author:   George2
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 1:10pm (PST)
Only 2960 at the moment at level 33

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
3348 @ level 30.

Author:   InnerDemon
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:00am (PST)
ITS OVER 9000!

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:44am (PST)
quote AznLiquid
Theman what do your bonuses look like? I'm at about half of your rank, and it's taking well over 100 for a single token now. Are all the stats at +10% or at least close to it?
Not all of my stats. Some are only like 2.7%, but Sheild recharge delay and Sheild Recharge rate are both at 100%. Most are at 25-35%. Guess I'm lucky with tokens because I get 1 every 20 or so ranks. Don't know why.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
Theman I find it hard to believe you have some bonuses at 100%, unless your game is broken. Mathematically, it takes 464 tokens to max 1 stat, but we are only given 5 of the 14 options per token, so it ends up costing more than that. It should take 72,135 Bad Ass ranks to get just 500 tokens. I'm at about 18,000 and my highest bonus is still under 10%.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
quote AznLiquid
Theman I find it hard to believe you have some bonuses at 100%, unless your game is broken. Mathematically, it takes 464 tokens to max 1 stat, but we are only given 5 of the 14 options per token, so it ends up costing more than that. It should take 72,135 Bad Ass ranks to get just 500 tokens. I'm at about 18,000 and my highest bonus is still under 10%.
That way I said I may be lucky. I get tokens at a really fast rate. I don't know why that is or if it's just my game but I'm not lying.

Author:   Wariyaka
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:03pm (PST)
Theman can you take a photo of your Badass Rank and % bonuses like AznLiquid did. 100% on anything should not be possible at that rank and "Luck" should not be a factor. Sound like your game is glitched if anything.

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
Update on my BR:

I haven't played much in the past 2 weeks, so it's not a huge jump from my last screenshot. All but ~500 of the ranks are from 2 characters, lvl 50 Zero and currently lvl 23 Gaige. Took about 19,000 for Gun Damage to hit 10.2%.

Date:   Oct 23, 12 at 10:49am (PST)
quote Wariyaka
Theman can you take a photo of your Badass Rank and % bonuses like AznLiquid did. 100% on anything should not be possible at that rank and "Luck" should not be a factor. Sound like your game is glitched if anything.
No I don't have the power to do that(no camera), but your right my game may be glitched. It might be because me and a friend uses some of the glitches in the game like getting unlimted money and copying weapons.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.