Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your finds of the day - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1761464-your-finds-of-day/8.htm

Author:   RatedRViper
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 5:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your finds of the day
-------------------------------------------
Ahh okay. I remember i had 10 health and no shield and it threw a bloody grenade out -.-

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 8:16pm (PST)
I still have yet to get an orange either from Slots or random drops/loot >_<

Still, got some decent items today.

Trechant Torment - It wasn't the greatest but was useful for a while. (The small clip size is what kills the gun, and it's not as accurate as you'd think)

Drumed Room Cleaner - I sacrifice accuracy for a drastic increase in damage. Would be much better if it didn't consume so much ammo.

Loaded Dahlminator - Came with the Hidden Treasure quest. Red Text Effect is Homing apparently. Can't wait to try this out!

Rappid Zooka - Was in the chest for the Hidden Treasure quest. Decent upgrade from my purple tri-launcher I've been using.

Author:   Existence
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:56pm (PST)
^ Noticed you're using a Torgue. The explosive effect is nice, but do all of them have that slow projectile type of fire?

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 12:31am (PST)
Existence, they do unfortunately. It's ultimately what kills the brand after you finish the explosive damage challenge off despite having higher damage output from what I've seen so far compared to other brands. The explosive challenge isn't even really a valid reason either; Bandit brand rocket launchers tend to have explosive damage and you can easily pull it off with a bandit technical vehicle or just throwing mirv grenades.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 1:12am (PST)
quote Existence
^ Noticed you're using a Torgue. The explosive effect is nice, but do all of them have that slow projectile type of fire?
The gun is actually one of the ones I forgot to feature. It's a quest reward from Marcus. I actually don't like it most of the time (it's weak as piss), but it has this really cool special effect. Sometimes on reloading, a SFX will occur and the gun will have a larger clip than usual (it's not consistent, it changes between about 300% to 500% of normal size), and has a DRASTIC increase in damage (around 10x apparently), so that 273 becomes more like 2700.

It's seriously beastly then. Like a (bit weaker than average at my level) rocket per shot. Considering rockets are a premium (and actually GOOD) in BL2, having a gun that can shoot out a large clip's worth mini rockets = godlike. The gun can actually fire really fast. I plan to try and use it on a boss at some point, and see how it fares.

EDIT: Here it is:

Thick Evil Smasher - Doesn't seem like much, but it's special effect is randomly larger clip on reload with ~10x additional damage bonus.

This message was edited on 2012-09-30T01:51:47-07:00.

Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 6:07pm (PST)
Found this stuff in the early AM, but didn't feel like double posting (so soon after posting previously) or editing my post, but it has been a while and double posting for a good reason isn't really a bad thing XD

Got my first (non-mission reward) orange! It's not a gun, but still....

The Bee - First (Non-mission) Orange! Looking forward to testing this out. Low cap., but it looks like the massive amp damage is infinite (need to wait a second between shots, I think).

Zapper Bone Shredder - Sold it before I used it. Replaced it with a Warrior drop. This gun was stronger, but far less accurate.

Dubble Pistal - Rather good, The Warrior drop.

Impetuous SubMalevolent Grace - Bit of a mouthful, but seems decent enough. The Warrior drop.

Marxmans Pistal - Meh, I'll sell it I think. The Warrior Drop.

Oh yeah, been using The Bee and combined with that ~2200 damage scopeless sniper rifle, it's pretty beastly so far in the second playthrough. I one shot critical most everything aside from bosses and the tougher enemies. I can one shot-kill the misc enemies with body hits. I do ~6600 damage thanks to the massive amp damage rewards. I hope to find a second Bee at the end of playthrough 2 so I can walk around killing things in one shot like a boss.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 12:55pm (PST)
I found 2 interesting shields i never knew existed.

First, a 10,000 protection shield with a 13% chance to absorb a bullet that hits you. Doesn't sound like much but will come in very handy in big gun fights with bandits.

Secondly a Shield that grants immunity to Fire damage, though i dont know whether say, a fire ball would hurt you or not, or whether is just prevents you from being set on fire.

I also found an Orange Rocket Launcher but i cant for the life of me remember what it was called.

EDIT: The Launcher was called the Bustling Bunny. Damage isn't special but when you reload you throw it(Its a Tediore) it bounces round like a bunny rabbit before exploding at every point where it hit the ground/wall. Dont under estimate the power of the explosions when reloading, one killed me in one shot. I even made a video of it, but it terrible quality.

This message was edited on 2012-10-01T15:49:49-07:00.

Author:   overlordlaharl134
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 5:30pm (PST)
So as im going to Lynchwood to do side quests, i run into Mick Zaford and his crew. After i waste Mick using my Car turrets i pick up something sweet

Loaded Maggie Level 40 Jacobs Revolver

1361X6 Damage
83.1 accuracy
12.3 fire rate
2.4 reload
12 magazine

Monty's wife won't take no guff
Fires at fast as you can pull the trigger.
Pretty good, even as a level 40 gun, it is holding up against level 48-50 bandits in Lynchwood alright

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 7:19pm (PST)
4 Aces - Seems like more of a hindrance than help most of the time, I would think.

Anyway, I have some decent stuff in playthrough 2 so far. Though the scopeless sniper is from the first playthrough (looking forward to getting the second playthrough version!)

Chickamin Buffalo - I actually like scopeless snipers, and it was still my most powerful until a couple hours or so into playthrough 2.

Klook Muckamuck - Replaced my Chikamin Buffalo. Better across the board except for one less clip size.

Blitz Granadier - Slow arcing bullets = not so great. I believe the bullets ricochet on objects (I believe they also sparked or something), probably the reason for its high value (not justified though, IMO).
^Kept it for the time being I think, will probably sell it though.

Rocket Torpedo - HUGE damage, but slow arcing bullets = suck.

Rockit Launcher - Got a replacement for my corrosive launcher, a lot more damage.

Proactive Plasma Caster - One of those special bullet guns. Pretty powerful, but most useful at close/medium range. Eats up ammo like mad.

Duble Bareld Stret Sweper - Nice upgrade over my previous launcher by about 2K damage. Replace very shortly later with one 2 levels higher.

Duble Bareld Stret Sweper - Only difference from previous one was a higher base damage and 2 levels. Shows the difference that level makes.

Author:   AznLiquid
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 4:46pm (PST)

My main sniper for now.

Instant second-wind.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 10:37am (PST)
I don't have a picture, but I found a double barreled shotgun around level twenty six, did 225X10 damage, it was a Jakobs, with good accuracy (Upwards of sixty, which is respectable for a shotgun), very fast reload, and the best, and oddest part, it said 'uses two rounds per shot', as expected. The ammo the gun held? One. One shell, fired worth the double barrel, but only used the one shell. If I could find a triple barrel like that at level 50 (When I get there), it'd be the ultimate Jakobs.

Author:   SwiftBlade
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:11pm (PST)
For all the guys finding the purple guns at low levels, they aren't purple. That's magenta, meaning it's E-tech. I only realised that today, pretty annoyed because I had an e tech pistol before I sold it. :/

best find so far is a 331 damage e tech corrosive smg, at level 28. Beastly.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:10pm (PST)
quote SwiftBlade
For all the guys finding the purple guns at low levels, they aren't purple. That's magenta, meaning it's E-tech. I only realised that today, pretty annoyed because I had an e tech pistol before I sold it.
Yeah, it's annoying telling the difference, especially early on in the game.

True purple is much blander looking than e-tech's color. E-tech's color is more vibrant, and seems almost raised up from the surface compared to the other colors.

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 4:37pm (PST)
quote Sonic Chao
I found this a while ago. It was my first orange and so far I've never seen another shield like it.

Yeah, I found this shield yesterday, at the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve from a random drop. It's capacity is so good it's almost worth using even though it slows you down a bit. I might keep in on hand when I go up against bosses.

Where did you find yours?

Author:   Sonic Chao
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
quote MLongfellowDeeds
quote Sonic Chao
I found this a while ago. It was my first orange and so far I've never seen another shield like it.
[img]shield/img]
Yeah, I found this shield yesterday, at the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve from a random drop. It's capacity is so good it's almost worth using even though it slows you down a bit. I might keep in on hand when I go up against bosses.

Where did you find yours?
Mine was in the Caustic Caverns.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.