Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your finds of the day - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1761464-your-finds-of-day/5.htm

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 6:39pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Your finds of the day
-------------------------------------------
quote Darknet

That's what guns would look like if they were made by Apple.

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 9:50pm (PST)
quote Darknet
quote KR_1250
Aww so lucky Darknet

What manufacturer is it? If you say Vladof or Dahl i am officially jelous.

I am now Lv 20+ on two characters and have had a few purples from Moxxi's one armed bandits but no orange. Hoping for a sniper or AR.
Here it is

I've got the same orange, except mine's fire, not corrode.

It's a pretty good weapon man.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:26pm (PST)

So I opened the golden chest today...

Author:   CAGarber
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:31pm (PST)
quote Avalith
So I opened the golden chest today...
Now THAT is a grenade, my friend. Mirv is the way to go imo....

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:44pm (PST)

Base Bane - The "Cursed Gun" - It slows you down drastically and isn't accurate to start, but is very useful (at least against armored foes)

Slick Longarm - I do love Jacob's special trait when combined with high damage and accuracy XD

Shock Kiss of Death - I'll probably use this instead of Transfusions (not that I use transfusions much).

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:59pm (PST)
quote Darknet
Here it is

No way!

You got an orange gun at Lv 10-ish ?

Aww so jelous. Nice stats for its level. And it explodes when reloaded. Awesome. if i were you i'd stick that in Claptraps bank when you are finished with it. I now have two awesone low level weapons stored there for next time i start a new game.

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 1:29am (PST)
Is it just me or do all shotguns have rubbish accuracy this time around?
They're not really worth using at anything other than point blank range.

I mean, in the first game, once you get The Blister (which is a corrosive shotgun with a scope) that's pretty much what you'll be using against Crimson Lance until the end of the game, unless you get a lucky drop.
But now, the best I have is a fairly rubbish level 16 hyperion corrosive shotgun that I've been using for like 10 levels simply because the accuracy of all other shotguns that have dropped means they aren't worth using.

I'm just bitter, is all.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 1:39am (PST)
quote Scott Cee
Nah you are quite right. The spread is usually far too loose for me too. I used Shotguns more than anything else in Borderlands 1 but use them less now. I usually carry a big explosive one incase i get caught with my pants down but by and large i use them only if i have to.

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:41am (PST)
quote Scott Cee

I mean, in the first game, once you get The Blister (which is a corrosive shotgun with a scope) that's pretty much what you'll be using against Crimson Lance until the end of the game, unless you get a lucky drop.
But now, the best I have is a fairly rubbish level 16 hyperion corrosive shotgun that I've been using for like 10 levels simply because the accuracy of all other shotguns that have dropped means they aren't worth using.

I'm just bitter, is all.
Ohh...I'll post a picture of a shotgun I found last night later on. It has low dmg but it has like 74% accuracy and LONG range with high RoF. And it's corrosive.

But yeah, I know what you are saying....most shotguns are awful, spread is too large to do much of anything. In BL1 I know Roland could be a beast with shotguns.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:53am (PST)
I found another orange gun BUT I think you get it anyway during Mordecai's gun quest.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 6:59am (PST)
quote KR_1250
No way!

You got an orange gun at Lv 10-ish ?
I got an orange from Knuckle Dragger with my Siren at level 2.

Posted it a few pages back iirc. It basically one-shoted everything before Boom Bewm.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:04am (PST)
I've seen some shotties with above 60% accuracy. Not sure how common I'd say they are, but not really less common than BL1 (orange rarities aside).

Anyway, I reserve my shotties for close range anyway. They're powerful guns so if they were powerful AND capable of being used at medium distance they'd be just a bit overpowered eh?

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:10am (PST)
Darknet

I didnt get a bloody orange gun from Mordecai LOL. Do you mean the mission where you have to track down his stolen loot? The "Truxican standoff" HAHA. I got bugger all interesting for that.

And Eiche

Thats pretty awesome LOL. I'd just put it in Claptraps box when it becomes too weak and use it for my other low level playthroughs.

What kind of gun was it? (I id try to look but cant see images on the forum often).

And Shadow of Death

Overpowered ? Nah. I just want a bit better spread not a gamebreaker. I havnt found anything with over 30% yet. I'd happily lose some top end power for some mid range accuracy anyway. Not asking for too much.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:12am (PST)
quote KR_1250
Darknet

I didnt get a bloody orange gun from Mordecai LOL. Do you mean the mission where you have to track down his stolen loot? The "Truxican standoff" HAHA. I got bugger all interesting for that.

Yeah that one. So you don't get an orange gun from that? Damn. Two in two days!

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
quote Darknet
Yeah that one. So you don't get an orange gun from that? Damn. Two in two days!
Apparently not.

And i have two characters each over level 20 and have been playing 6 days and i still havnt found a decent shield for one character, a decent nade mod for the other and NONE of them or my two mates characters have any orange guns LOL.

Even their golden keys gave them purple. And my rarest was a purple electrified shotgun from Moxxis vending machines which had such low accuracy and mediocre power that I just sold it.

One of the best guns i found so far was a crappy green Dahl sniper rifle which turned out to be a complete monster.

Question to everyone: Would anyone else agree that the assault rifles are by and large slightly underpowered?

Every time i look at ones stats it seems to be much lower level loot. Im lv20 and often find lv 12-15 rifles. And even the "powerful" ones have few good points. They are a bit mediocre. I still like some of em though. Jakobs and Vladof in perticular.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.