Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Your finds of the day - page 25

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1761464-your-finds-of-day/25.htm

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:43am (PST)
Subject:   re: Your finds of the day
-------------------------------------------
Another single item for now, though I opened the Golden Chest a couple of times (and got mostly stuff I don't care to use ~_~)

"Slaged Smig - I don't normally use slag guns, but this gun is good even without slag bonuses."

Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 9:36am (PST)
Another day, another single item posting....Slag SMG again >_>

"Proactive Projectile Convergence - Not really sure if it's better than my current slag gun (more damage, smaller clip and Hyperion), Useful."

With my Mechromancer, I'm actually finding Slag pretty useful. I suppose I never gave it a proper chance. Combining my Slag SMG with a fire Singularity grenade mod, along with a pretty good AR, and as a bonus Deathtrap....Pretty wicked combination really. Makes taking down Super Badasses easier in any case.

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 4:07pm (PST)
Real nice RoF and reload speed on that one! When I first played this game I didn't care too much for Hyperion SMGs but they have grown on me for sure.

Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 11:03pm (PST)
quote MLongfellowDeeds
Real nice RoF and reload speed on that one! When I first played this game I didn't care too much for Hyperion SMGs but they have grown on me for sure.
I still don't like Hyperion much, but it's forgivable with moderately large clip sizes like this one. If nothing else, it helps slag enemies that are pulled into a group by my singularity grenade.

People don't generally like Bandit guns, but I've grown fond of those because of the large clip size, though the bonus is somewhat defeated by my compulsion to reload the second action abates (even if I'm in the middle of the battle, moving from one enemy to another right next to it XD).

Date:   Mar 16, 13 at 2:51am (PST)
Couple new weapons. It's fun to play Gaige without using The Bee.

"Redundant Spiker - Bleh, I don't like Spikers much, but on the other hand it's better for slagging than my Hyperion SMG. Does more DMG too."

"bandity smig - I'm liking Bandit weapons more these days. They usualy have overall OK stats, but with huge clips. Handy when under fire"

Date:   Mar 16, 13 at 10:07am (PST)
Yeah, only one card again this time. Though I did find a couple items worth posting (but forgot to cap them).

"Deadly Bloom - Grabbed this level 41 variant via the mission. It'll hold me over until level 50 probably, where I'll use my Hide of Terra"

Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 2:33am (PST)

"Extendified Gub - Dropped from Laney or whatever her name is. Useful against mechs."

"Inflammable Shield - Interesting shield, came from a golden chest. I'm sticking with the Deadly Bloom though."

Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 8:03am (PST)
Nice Gub! The RoF is real good on that one and you can't argue with that mag size!

I hate that I have never found an immunity shield worth using.

Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 12:47pm (PST)
MLongfellowDeeds - Yeah, it has proven pretty useful against mechs so far, especially when paired with Slag damage (both of those combined makes a big difference), though I'm still having issues taking down Constructors (esp. Badass constructors). Constructors, as far as I can tell, are immune to slag. I'm seriously running low on storage space though, Gearbox really did make an a-hole move limiting space so much, but this as been expounded up so often I'm starting to sound like I'm whining now XD

Anyway, a couple more items.

"Monstrous Snider - This is great for slagging. Way better than the spiker I was using. Slags in one or two shots, all the time."
^I actually encountered as similar gun shortly after that was better in every way except the chance was identical, and the clip size was 2 less. I stuck with the 7 clip version above though, since I didn't get it for damage, I got it for slag and clip trumps base damage. It'll be sold once I hit level 50 though, as I have a slag pitchfork waiting for me.

"Ever Alert Absorb Shield - I do like absorb shields, and this was a big upgrade from the booster one I was using (0.06 longer delay XD)"
It's also the highest absorb chance I've seen for a non-legendary in a while. The highest I ever saw for a non-legendary I think, was like 32 or 36 percent or something. So this will last me until I'm level 49 probably (I'll switch to the level 49 bee, until I hit level 50).

I'll be using The Bee in certain fights, once I hit level 50, and my meh Hide of Terra the rest of the time. Deathtrap with Hide sounds like a badass combination, but I might change it up to The Sham though. I'll only use The Bee when a lot of damage, fast is required, not durability.

Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 3:08pm (PST)
Bee for boss fights, Sham for bandits, and Hide for everything else.

Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 3:27pm (PST)
quote MLongfellowDeeds
Bee for boss fights, Sham for bandits, and Hide for everything else. :cool:
Might give that a shot.

Anyway, a couple more items from my most recent session.

"Desperate Hulk - Pretty good for killing slagged enemies, and as a close-range damage weapon in general. Always prefer torgue shotties TBH"
^Probably going to replace it with my Boneshredder gun, as it's level 48 and shotgun-like range. Still, it's good for now and I MIGHT stick with it if the Boneshredder gun doesn't do as well as I hope.

"Patrol Scorpio - Took a while to get this corrosive scorpio to spawn. Needed to replace my level 40 Gub."

Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 11:35am (PST)
Lot of items to show, most are from the first two DLCs. Yeah I know I'm late to the party [but I'll bring the beers, I'll bring the beers.... ]

^Took a lot of my tokens, but seems decent enough. I haven't quite figured out how to use it efficiently yet but it has been good for second winds (not so good against Pyro Pete). My version seems to be on the low end damage and accuracy wise but a little better in reload speed and mag size (which I'd prefer anyways)

^This dropped from that T-Rex thing. It is amazing! It made quick work of that bar room brawl, just set everything on fire. It's essentially a Splasher Blaster on steroids. One of my favorite weapons now.

^This was the first Sandhawk I got...very fitting that I got it on my Commando fire build playthrough. Tears through Terra like nothing.

^This one I got on my Assassin playthrough...which is also fitting because it's what I use against Hyperius. Love that it's a smooth version which is +reload speed.

^This one I 'farmed' for once I figured out how...took about 7 tries. I love me some shock weapons and it doesn't get any better then a wall of shock bird bullets flying at an enemy.

^I am going to assume this is one if not the best version you can get? There is literally no recoil (even with my Two Fang skill) and the 9 shots instead of 8 is awesome as well. Now one of my favorite pistols. Just messing around with my Bee shield and Killer class mod I got this gun to do 3182k dmg on a headshot! (Deception and kunai played a big part, but still....that's a crap ton of damage!!)

^This gun is surprisingly awesome. The velocity of the rockets are really quick and it has a very nice AoE explosion when it hits. I might try this on my Assassin with 10/5 into Vel0city to see how fast it shoots....then I might buy another and try them out on my Gunzerker, should be a good setup for crowd control.

^These are tough to find in elemental versions so I figured I would show it here before I sold it. Are there any weapons with a listed reload speed under 1.0??

^New Sniper class mod. This one has higher damage % on both crits and sniper.

^Any Rough Rider using Sirens need this?

^This one seems to have real good all around stats. I will use it on my Assassin sometimes and might do a pistol build Gunzerker we'll see...I was surprised that the Law pistol could be dropped from (not sure if it was dropped from the Deputy or Sheriff), I thought it was only a quest reward. It was only a lvl 48 but that is neat to know that you are not SOL if you accidentally sold yours.

^You would think I would use the dmg boosting one but the first one just works better for me. I don't mind having less damage as long as more shots will stay on target.

^It's a shame I don't use too many assault rifles. I kinda wish I never traded my Hammer Buster, would go great with this relic.

^Nice stockpile relic there...might use it just for the launcher ammo.

Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 1:12pm (PST)
Aaaand this just dropped from Pyro Pete

^Awesome! Not sure I will use this mod as of right now (tough to replace my Professional Mod) but definitely going to hold onto it as I will use it at some point. Gotta love that critical damage of 29%!

Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 9:00pm (PST)
MLongfellowDeeds - Lol, I don't drink beer though (also, I'm not dead).

Too bad you're not on PC, I could use that Siren mod, since I do have a Rough Rider. Though I farmed a while for rough riders and every single one I found was pretty cruddy.

Never seen a Pocket Rocket. It is supposed to appear in Torgue vending machines? Yeah, never seen one of those pop up as item of the day? Sounds a bit interesting, fast projectile with larger blast radius? Sounds like my dream Torgue weapon TBH.

My Gaige is level 50 now. Found some nice stuff (including a Mod I forgot to capture).

"Gromky Moloko - I hope that in the next Borderlands, Railgun type snipers will be a bit better. I like the concept in general though."

"Casual Flakker - Warrior, why do you mock me so? Must you continue to give me this shitty gun over and over? It is very 'Ewww', y'know?"

"Resistance Relic - Decided to keep it when it dropped from The Warrior. Just because it seems pretty decent."
^Though Corrosive instead of Slag resistance would have been much better no?

Date:   Mar 19, 13 at 4:34am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Never seen a Pocket Rocket. It is supposed to appear in Torgue vending machines? Yeah, never seen one of those pop up as item of the day? Sounds a bit interesting, fast projectile with larger blast radius? Sounds like my dream Torgue weapon TBH.
It's not usually in the item of the day...that's why it can be easily missed. But yes it can only spawn in the Torgue vending machines. I believe it has the fastest projectile of any Torgue weapon.

I have a couple more things to post later tonight, I may have finally found a better Professional class mod.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.