Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How you play. - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1761285-how-you-play/3.htm

Author:   Kommando
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 1:16pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How you play.
-------------------------------------------
I play solo with a Gunzerker

I spec heavily in resiliency and speed with a hulking tank mod, speed based skills, and a shield with 950 points..

I do hit and run, run and gun, or sniping depending on what I'm fighting.

I switch out weapons to beast deal with certain enemies.

Currently, the only difficult enemies for me are shock elementals and constructors, but rockets work well on them

Author:   xxT0MM3Yxx
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 3:19am (PST)
quote Theman
quote xxT0MM3Yxx
quote Theman
You guys haven't even gotting that far yet. If the only things your faceing is Bullymongs and Bandits. Wait till later on. Your second wind will be your best friend. No, i'm serious. You will go down so much, it'll be like you crouch the whole time.
After playing as Brick on BL1 and going on to play as Salvador, I keep thinking that I am crouched, especially when I am talking to the original vault hunters, I am so use to them being shorter than me. and I have to agree, I have spent far to much time in second wind.
Some good ways to stay out of second wind is to spend most of your badass tokens on sheild rechage delay and rechage speed. That way if your sheild go down all you have to do is duck behind cover for a few seconds and your good.
I just re-did my skill tree so that I could have the hard to kill, I'm the juggernaut, ain't got time to bleed and sexual tyrannosaurus skills and started spending my badass tokens on maximum health so that I have a massive amount of health and if it gets to low I can just hide and let it regenerate.

Author:   Airwalked
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 9:20am (PST)
Solo in the day, usually 3-4 player mp in the evening time.

How I actually play varies, sometimes i'll charge in with an smg/shotgun, other times i'll be in some stupid high place sniping away.

Author:   One Luck
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 9:26am (PST)
Solo, because I have no friends....jk. :3

I plan to beat the game by myself before I play with friends. More challenging.

Author:   Theman
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
I play with all the people. I've come to learn that all the people are great and can be spec'ed out in many diffent ways. One of my favorite people and specs would be Zero and his sinping tree, playing solo. That tree turns Zero in to a down range killing machine.

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 10:45am (PST)
^ That's what I'm doing with my main. Just scope and fire

The sniping tree just lets you destroy everything.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 10:48am (PST)
quote Eiche
^ That's what I'm doing with my main. Just scope and fire

The sniping tree just lets you destroy everything.

Right. Oh you so get it.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 1:11am (PST)
I play a mixture of solo and co-op. I have a Lv 22 Gunzerker, but right now i am playing a lv 20 Commando.

I use the Sabre alot with the rocket attachment. And play a pretty tactical style using alot of cover and fighting retreat. My main tactic is to run into an area activating all the enenmy spawns, deploy the turret and start supporting it and lobbing out MIRV grenades.

When the turret runs out i play a fighting retreat taking out high level enemies until the turret is ready. Also, if i am in a tough fight i will save my turret until i am almost dead then throw it and an MIRV nade out as i hit "second chance". This always gets me back on my feet. Love that Sabre. When playing co-op i usually play a more supportive role (due to my cautious nature and my two mates more "risky" tactics) saving my turret for tight situations and rescuing other players often.

I change my setup ALOT, but my My typical setup is roughly:

1- Jakobs revolver. High damage and as many rounds as I can get with a melee bonus if possible. This is my "shit myself" weapon incase i run out of ammo. (Sometimes use Maliwan elemental pistols here against specific enemies).

2- Vladof Assault rifle with as high damage, high ROF and as large a clip as possible. I use this for most mid level enemies. Really want one with a blade but havnt found one yet. (Will rarely use a Torgue explosive rifle here if enemies are shielded).

3: Torgue explosive shotgun. Use against bosses only.

4: Dahl triple burst sniper with a Flame or Caustic elemental effect. I also like a bayonette on my snipers. I use this as my general weapon dependant on range alongside the assault rilfe.

5: I always use fast recharging shields with low delays. I would rather lose some top end power for a fast charge. I also typically use MIRV grenades. The number of child nades is more important than overall damage for me. An electrical elemental effect also helps.

Also, I get most of my weapons from Moxxi's vending machine. Had some amazing finds there.

Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 10:55am (PST)
Hey, KR_1250 have you got the grenade mod from boom and brew at the beinning? It's an orange grenade mod, rare drop. The one I got is called Bonus Package. Says "2x more awesome, bonus extreme!". What it does is spawns child grenades and ALL the child grenades spawn 10 more child grenades. The damage this deals out is massive!

Author:   Kratos
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 12:57pm (PST)
I usually play with my two friends that are usually big on sniping. One's a commando that throws the turret and then supports it. The other is a sniping Zero. So I usually just charge in as a Gunzerker with dual shotguns and just blast away. Every now and again, I play a frontlining Siren that spams Phase Lock and elements like no tomorrow.

Author:   Splitr
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 3:21pm (PST)
i have my commando for single player and my gunzerker to play with my friend. i like both but i prefer to play the game at my own first so i cn check everything out without a partner rushing through stuff

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 11:27pm (PST)
quote Theman
Hey, KR_1250 have you got the grenade mod from boom and brew at the beinning? It's an orange grenade mod, rare drop. The one I got is called Bonus Package. Says "2x more awesome, bonus extreme!". What it does is spawns child grenades and ALL the child grenades spawn 10 more child grenades. The damage this deals out is massive!
Yeah on my Gunzerker playthrough that is still the mod i use at Lv 25. Its pretty awesome but is starting to get slightly weak now.

On my 2nd playthrough as the Commando i still have not found a Grenade mod i like. I defeated BoomBewm as a co-op team so i think someone else must have nabbed it.

Now i use a corrosive MIRV, but its something i am always looking out for.

Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 11:09am (PST)
KR_1250 that sounds great.

I like to also play as Axton and sit back and let my turrert do most of the work. I come in once it's done and wipe out the last bit of them.

Author:   IronFistQueen
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 12:11pm (PST)
I'm a level 21 Commando and so far I've played solo. I like going through the story on my own before playing with others just because people annoy me after a while haha.

For the most part I ALWAYS use a shotgun. Critical hits with shotguns are my go-to moves.

I also started a game splitscreen with my boyfriend, we're both level 10. I'm using the Siren, and i must say, I like this Siren's power move more than the last game. I still think the commando is better though.

And no matter what character I use.... shotguns all the way! <3

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 12:23pm (PST)
Ironfistqueen first person I have seen actually using the shotguns on this game. Even on the first game everyone I know hated using the shotguns. I enjoy them myself, they ca really be useful in certain situations.

Also no matter how good your skill is, Axton's is very hard to beat. Definitely once you start leveling it up.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.