Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How you play. - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1761285-how-you-play/2.htm

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: How you play.
-------------------------------------------
Hmm King Mong huh, sounds like a ton if fun! Can't wait to find that sucker.

Author:   Theman
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 9:14am (PST)
quote The Pursuit
Hmm King Mong huh, sounds like a ton if fun! Can't wait to find that sucker.
Good luck, you'll need it.

Author:   bobbpugg5
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 9:34am (PST)
{i'm at level 12 now, only played solo so far. my strategy started just being run and gun, and with my gunzerker it was pretty easy. but now things are getting hairier and fist to fist combat doesn't always work so well. luckily i've found myself a wicked sniper rifle that really opens up a whole different side of this game and now i've found myself picking off enemies from half a map away and loving that.

i have, sitting in the safe, an even better flame elemented sniper rifle that i can equip at level 13. here's to my trusty Ol' Blue, and the shenanigans we'll get into.}

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 10:47am (PST)
quote bobbpugg5
{i'm at level 12 now, only played solo so far. my strategy started just being run and gun, and with my gunzerker it was pretty easy. but now things are getting hairier and fist to fist combat doesn't always work so well. luckily i've found myself a wicked sniper rifle that really opens up a whole different side of this game and now i've found myself picking off enemies from half a map away and loving that.

i have, sitting in the safe, an even better flame elemented sniper rifle that i can equip at level 13. here's to my trusty Ol' Blue, and the shenanigans we'll get into.}

Find your self some friends online or split-srceen. It makes the game so much better.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 10:50am (PST)
quote Theman
quote bobbpugg5

Find your self some friends online or split-srceen. It makes the game so much better.
Thats somewhat debatable. The best weapons I have found were on my own despite the game itself saying it should be otherwise... And its balanced enough that a one player playthrough is relatively easy.

Author:   bobbpugg5
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 11:24am (PST)
{i'm definitely going to go online sooner than later. my buddy is buying it next week so i'll have him to shoot people in the head with.

quick question, not to detract from the thread's intentions - if i'm out in a level with three other random online people, will we have to share the guns, ammo, and loot that we come across? because if that's the case, i'll probably wait a little before going online because i just don't feel like playing "race to the treasure chest" with the online world.}

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 11:24am (PST)
quote SpartanNinja
quote Theman
quote bobbpugg5

Thats somewhat debatable. The best weapons I have found were on my own despite the game itself saying it should be otherwise... And its balanced enough that a one player playthrough is relatively easy.
True but I meant in the fact of just sharing the fun with friends makes it better, not that the game is better.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 5:40pm (PST)
I run in guns blazing and rely on Second Wind most the time since I'm severely underleveled for the point I'm at in the game. It tends to work pretty nicely.

NOTE: Also, I'm doing the game solo my first time through. But I'll certainly play co-op like a mother*bleep*er once I'm done (considering I'm fighting the final boss as I type this, that should be soon).

Author:   Paper Fox
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:05am (PST)
First playthrough playing LAN co-op with Prowl.
I'm a Siren, going to max out Cataclysm. The only down side is lack of any health perks, so I'll be putting the rest of my points into Harmony.
And Prowl is a loot hog.

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:21am (PST)
Solo.

My internets just been cut off (bummer) so I can't play online. Probably wouldn't of played co-opening anyway tbh

I'm using Axton and mainly snipe the enemy from distance then run in and shoot shit up whilst throwing the turret down. The turrets so helpful being as I'm only lvl 7

Author:   Prowl
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:32am (PST)
quote Paper Fox
Prowl is a gambling addict.
Fixed!

Wooo Co-Op

My Style = Lazy

Step 1: Find Bad Guys
Step 2: Throw Turret
Step 3: Casually walk around looking for loot and ammo while turret does the work
Step 4:???
Step5rofit

Author:   Paper Fox
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 4:36am (PST)
quote Prowl
Fixed!
You pocketed a gun I was in the process of inspecting!

quote Prowl
Step 1: Take Paps' gun
Step 2: Profit
Fixed!

Author:   xxT0MM3Yxx
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 9:14pm (PST)
quote Theman
You guys haven't even gotting that far yet. If the only things your faceing is Bullymongs and Bandits. Wait till later on. Your second wind will be your best friend. No, i'm serious. You will go down so much, it'll be like you crouch the whole time.
After playing as Brick on BL1 and going on to play as Salvador, I keep thinking that I am crouched, especially when I am talking to the original vault hunters, I am so use to them being shorter than me. and I have to agree, I have spent far to much time in second wind.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
quote xxT0MM3Yxx
quote Theman
You guys haven't even gotting that far yet. If the only things your faceing is Bullymongs and Bandits. Wait till later on. Your second wind will be your best friend. No, i'm serious. You will go down so much, it'll be like you crouch the whole time.
After playing as Brick on BL1 and going on to play as Salvador, I keep thinking that I am crouched, especially when I am talking to the original vault hunters, I am so use to them being shorter than me. and I have to agree, I have spent far to much time in second wind.
Some good ways to stay out of second wind is to spend most of your badass tokens on sheild rechage delay and rechage speed. That way if your sheild go down all you have to do is duck behind cover for a few seconds and your good.

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 12:41pm (PST)
Tediore Shotgun. Shoot, throw, shoot, throw, shoot, throw.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.