Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Terramorphous! (Spoilers) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1760689-terramorphous-spoilers/

Author:   SuggZugg
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Terramorphous! (Spoilers)
-------------------------------------------
So as most of you may have heard, there is an end game boss (unrelated to the story) called Terramorphous. He was described as very powerful and frankly a "pain in the ass" without the proper gear. Gearbox, recently, at their community day finally revealed him and well... he seems like a real challenge. Here's a video I found if you would like to see him (don't watch if you'd rather have a surprise when you first fight him): TERRAMORPHOUS THE INVINCIBLE

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 1:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Terramorphous! (Spoilers)
Seems like they plan to have a "- The Invincible" line of enemies in the series. Though I wonder if they'll have a second, DLC end-game type boss that'll be even tougher? Or will they keep this guy for farming and just make use of the level cap increases in the future?

We shall see.

In any case, he doesn't seem nearly as tough as Craw >_> Has a similar "Lawl, ejected from the fight!" mechanic though XD

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 2:15pm (PST)
Well if you had a glance at the scale poster thingy they have, there's something that's so big that Terramorphous is only as big as its foot. As for if it's stronger and tougher than him is beyond me. Because if you remember the Rakk Hive, it was pretty big but quite an easy fight. I'm also pretty sure they wouldn't put out the strongest creature in Borderlands 2 with the main game. They probably have plans for a creature far stronger in the DLC's along with a level cap increase. I also like how Terramorphous has like "stages" and each one is different so it kinda keeps you on your toes. I am personally going to save my golden key from the preorder for the Sanctuary Loot chest until I am level 50 and hope I get an epic Legendary weapon to take him on with.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
SuggZugg - I'm guessing the reason it's off the poster is not only is it big (and strong), but it's also a DLC enemy. Chances are that all the enemies shown in the poster are main game enemies.

Also, the weapons that drop out of that chest are Purples (and I think only purples). My theory is that they will be pretty much the best versions of whatever they are (IE: Best versions of all parts for that particular gun, at that level). Or at least skew that way. I will wait until all the level caps are in myself.

I wonder if there will be an exploit similar to the one in BL1 where, if you don't get something you want, you can force the game to close without saving, and come back again? We'll find out if that'll work in a while.

Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 3:58pm (PST)
Aww, well as long it's a good purple and will do the job I'll still use it. And I'm fairly sure that exploit would work since all the loot is randomly generated. I personally hope there's a DLC like the Secret Armory. I would like to see if there's a glitch that can be used to get all of the loot without having to be in the countdown.

Author:   icitnow
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
I am guessing its like the 4 player co-op boss, post story...but we'll see

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Sep 16, 12 at 7:38pm (PST)
Oooh I love a good challenge in my games and this is definitely shaping up to be one. I'm gonna go up in there and put a woopin on that boss.

Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 8:27am (PST)
Well Randy Pitchford did state that there was someone on the Dev team that found a spec and build for one of the characters that could solo Terramorhpous. So if you can find out what build that is you could probably run him quite often

Author:   Eiche
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 9:40am (PST)
Has anyone encountered this bad boy yet? Seeing as it's a giant thresher, I really don't want to fight him. xD

BUT I'VE GOT TO, MAN

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 11:22am (PST)
I'm currently only a level 37 so I am waiting till 50 to try him on. He's supposedly harder than Craw. So I'm hoping to get some epic gear before I take him on.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 4:42pm (PST)
I have the guide, and it says that Terramorphous was pretty much designed for four players to take him on and hope to have a real chance at victory. It's playthrough 2.5's ultimate boss, the mission known as 'You. Will. Die. (Seriously)'. It's the grandpappy of all Threshers, and should put Craw to shame. Probably a multi-one shotter where you have to constantly try your hardest to take down the tentacles in order to stay up. My recommendation, the best rocket launchers, ammo regenerators (Good ol' Salvador), health regenerators, and ranged reviving Sirens are a must, and good shotguns with a very low spread (Non-Hyperion for immediate results is my suggestion) for dedicated anti-tentacle quick revives.

Mind you, I'm going to end up taking it on either alone or with one friend because I don't have Live yet (Due to a gigabyte limit and the fact that my internet won't let me connect in the first place). As it's designed for four players, I'm going to end up with a lone Axton (Possibly Axton and Salvador) for double turrets to be sent out just as I'm going to be attacked so I can have a second wind when I really need it. I don't think Zero could solo this particular battle until the level cap goes up enough to grant a wider range of skills to really give him a chance. Don't know about Maya yet, I'll need a file with her.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 4:52pm (PST)
Took him on at Level 30 with a pal. That lasted around 2 seconds.

But honestly, he doesn't seem like he'll be too bad at Level 50. I'll build my Gunzerker to a ridiculous degree and see if I can take him on solo eventually.

Author:   Megas MkII
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 9:13pm (PST)
Good luck to you. Here are some suggestions. Get your health regeneration as high as possible while not Gunzerking, keep twin fire multi-rocket launchers (You can't miss), and get the shield with the highest rating possible, the fastest regeneration (I have a shield with 1301 strength and 1300 recharge speed and 1.3 second delay, so something five times that with the same delay ought to do it), and just for the best chance, something that increases health or shields by a considerable margin or something that cuts the time of the Gunzerking down, or keep killing tentacles to maintain it. If you have to do two players, is it possible to get two Gunzerkers? Kit them out the same with team regeneration at a high level, and you should be able to take it on. If not, Gunzerker and Siren with a team regen and ranged revive, while 'zerker draws fire. That's how I'd do it.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:15pm (PST)
So Ditnopota and I defeated Terramophous today (was mostly me ). But twas wondering if anyone else attempted him yet on Neo?

Author:   Axe
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:50pm (PST)
Solx, Ded Valve, and I tried and nearly won.

If I had that damn shield I want, we'd be able to kill him.. if all of us had it he'd be a joke...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.