Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General OffTopic Discussion II- Guns, Guns, and More Guns! - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1757981-general-offtopic-discussion-ii-guns-guns-more-guns/3.htm

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 9:30pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General OffTopic Discussion II- Guns, Guns, and More Guns!
-------------------------------------------
replayed MGS3 again... took me 10 hours with cutscenes. Now onto Portable ops... or maybe I'll just play Peace Walker again.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 9:39pm (PST)
Getting ready for the new one are we *insert your real name here* ?

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 9:42pm (PST)
Names Ron... and yes more or less. I plan to marathon the three before again around when Ground Zeroes gets released.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 9:51pm (PST)
I just imagined you taking off sunglasses saying that in a deep-ish voice. "Names Ron"

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 9:53pm (PST)
Am I wearing a plaid shirt and a trucker hat? If so that is completely different from what I look like.

"Names Bond, James Bond"

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 10:05pm (PST)
No more of a suit our something of that sort.

How is the new metal gear looking? I haven't looked at any videos myself yet.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 10:09pm (PST)
Mind if I post it here?

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 10:11pm (PST)
YES I MIND!!!!

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 10:21pm (PST)
Lol

Long but cool

also its all real time on PS3

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
Damn those graphics are just impeccable really confused at what it's going on at this point though. What is the plot and setting of this one?

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:19pm (PST)
Oh boy where should I start...?

Pacifica Ocean a.k.a. Paz Ortega Andrade. Enlisted the help of Militaires San Frontieres (MSF) lead by Big Boss aka Snake to look into American and Russian activity in Costa Rica. It turns out a man named Hot Coldman (le sigh) was behind the building of a Metal Gear named Basilisk a.k.a. Peace Walker, which has an AI on board with a personality of The Boss (the mentor of Big Boss who he had to kill) and through cyber warfare tries to convince American leaders that the Soviet Union launch a full scale attack on them. Big Boss manages to stop Peace Walker from launching its own nuke and tries to stop the Americans from reacting to the false Soviet attack. The AI in Peace walker then takes on The Boss's ghost (ghost in the shell) and suicides itself to stop the false attack.

Big Boss then tries to follow in The Bosses footsteps but builds his own Metal Gear for when he tries to build his nation of soldiers. It turns out Paz is really a Cipher (Patriot) spy and steals the Metal Gear Zeke Big Boss was building. He manages to destroy it and he subsequently thinks Paz died during the fight, much to the dismay of all MSF. Sometime between Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes, Chico (who was met early in Peace Walker) is supposedly kidnapped by Cipher forces and was sent to Omega base (the rainy prison you saw) and apparently betrays MSF in some way for the cassette player. The burned man in the video apparently has Paz (who survived) held somewhere close. Meanwhile Snake has rejoined Fox (American Special Forces) and found out Chico and Paz are captured and is there to get them back.

And that is my extremely scrunched version of things. It would take a novel to type the whole story...

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:27pm (PST)
SpartanNinja Haha I have beaten 1,2 and 3 but yet I still barely understood a word of that.

Either because I am stupid or it could be because I didn't play Peace Walker.

So this all happens after 3 and Peace Walker but before Solid Snake was "born" and 1 correct?

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:37pm (PST)
Le sigh It is all Peace Walker. which takes place in 1974. Solid Snake and Liquid Snake were born in 1972, in fact its part of the reason why MSF exists in the first place. Ground Zeroes will take place after Peace Walker but supposedly before Solid Snake enlisted so 1974-1990, given Big Boss' aged appearance and (I'm kind of proud of this one) the fact that XOF is flying in Blackhawks which didn't see real use until 1979 imma say its around then.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:43pm (PST)
Hmm well that makes a little bit more sense. I like the story and how they really created two main characters and 2 main villains as well (Ocelot and Liquid for me). I love this series but I played the games when I was younger (besides 4) so I didn't follow too well. I need to play them again one day and pay more attention.

Four made me tear up though.

Date:   Sep 03, 12 at 11:49pm (PST)
MGS4 had an epic old guy fight! and if 4 made your tear up try playing all of the current ones and watch it again its even more ridiculously sad. Especially watching Big Boss die at the end...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.