Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General OffTopic Discussion II- Guns, Guns, and More Guns! - page 28

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1757981-general-offtopic-discussion-ii-guns-guns-more-guns/28.htm

Author:   Theman
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: General OffTopic Discussion II- Guns, Guns, and More Guns!
-------------------------------------------
quote Vicarious
That is why I hate ordering games. Would rather just get it instantly.
Why? If you got it instantly then it would take away the anticipation of wait for the new games, and then there be no forums for us to talk about up coming games.

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
quote overlordlaharl134
quote LOD-squa
I am so sad, Gamefly sent me the wrong game so I have to wait longer to get my hands on BL2. Someone make me feel better.
It's probably not that they sent you the wrong game, but that they are out of stock in BL2 and did not want to leave you without a game. They do that.
Well the site kept bitching that I should have more games on the queue. I didn't want to but I got tired of staring at the warning so I went ahead and added them. Worst idea ever.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:28pm (PST)
Another shift code for a gold key for xbox users:
C3CBJ-CW5CR-3R6TR-5F33T-5RXZX

PS3:
C3CBJ-CW5HJ-6S3WJ-9B53T-5RX6C

It's active today(10/5) from 6PM to 9PM CT.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 9:41pm (PST)
Where the furk did everyone go?

Author:   Ajax
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 10:06pm (PST)
quote Vicarious
Where the furk did everyone go?
Game doesn't exactly have a lot of replayability man.

I'm still only half way through the game myself, and there's only so much easter egg hunting you can do.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 10:58pm (PST)
LOD-squa - Hey, can you notify me if you come across PC (Steam) shift codes? I screwed up on my freebie, so I've only got the pre-order bonus one currently. I'm nearly level 50 as well (well, level 44 but still).

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 1:18am (PST)
I decided to play the first game again before starting BL2 with another character.
Man, the original practically throws money at you compared to the second.

Also, I have coffee!

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:07am (PST)
Scott Cee - You have no idea dood. Before you finish the second playthrough, you'll be passing the visible limit.

They changed it for the second one because it was so ridiculous. They probably have the same 9,999,999 cap for money in the second, but you get money much slower. I mean, I'm level 44 but I've only recently started coming across $10K+ items, and most of them are still around the $2500 to $5000 range. Getting max moolah ($10,000K - $1) is still a while off, considering how often I hemorrhage money from respawns, and the occasional purchase. Right now I'm floating around $300K, but I've dropped from $300K+ to $20K or so due to respawns and a big purchase before, it'll probably happen again.

Eventually you'll run into guns in BL1 which can't display their real value and will be stuck at the visible limit of $9,999,999. Most end-game guns will be ~$2,500,000 at least.

In the first game, if i recall correctly, I managed to pass the hard limit for money and actually cycled over to $0. That's a metric shit-ton of money, just FYI. At least, I know I've lost in the 100 millions in the first game on revival.

Author:   Scott Cee
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 2:32am (PST)
I'm about to go to the Vault on PT1 of Borderlands, about level 35, and I'm already nearing the money cap.
Also, I got an amazing fire SMG at about level 17 that I'm still using. The thing, which has the effect 'we don't need no water', is an absolute beast. 77 damage, x4 elemental rate/damage, though only like 3 fire rate. I'm using it to snipe Lance in the balls, in lieu of a corrosive shotgun (which is my usual go to against Lance dudes).

Other guys might swear by (or at) the double anarchy SMGs, but I've always found them to be far too inaccurate for my tastes.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:41am (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
LOD-squa - Hey, can you notify me if you come across PC (Steam) shift codes? I screwed up on my freebie, so I've only got the pre-order bonus one currently. I'm nearly level 50 as well (well, level 44 but still).
Yes sir! I have 6 keys right now and I am waiting until I get to atleast level 40 before I start opening the chest. Looking forward to it!

Author:   dyeriuss
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:43am (PST)
anyones having issues loading up neos main page?

Author:   Theman
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 11:06am (PST)
quote dyeriuss
nope, it may be that your computer is messed up.

Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 3:51pm (PST)
quote dyeriuss
No, but it took ages (and a bunch of tries) to finally update my avatar.

It also doesn't function quite like it should (the fade is a bit wonky).

EDIT: Just noticed this post:

quote Scott Cee
I'm about to go to the Vault on PT1 of Borderlands, about level 35, and I'm already nearing the money cap.
Also, I got an amazing fire SMG at about level 17 that I'm still using. The thing, which has the effect 'we don't need no water', is an absolute beast. 77 damage, x4 elemental rate/damage, though only like 3 fire rate. I'm using it to snipe Lance in the balls, in lieu of a corrosive shotgun (which is my usual go to against Lance dudes).

Other guys might swear by (or at) the double anarchy SMGs, but I've always found them to be far too inaccurate for my tastes.
That's a Hellfire. Maliwan. I THINK BL2 has them as well. Ah yes, HERE.

I've mentioned them before. Hellfire, Anarchy, and Defilers are 3 of the godly (non-pearl) weapons in the game. Anarchy weapons are specifically close quarter weapons. If you're not using them at shotgun ranges you're doing it wrong. They are an ideal weapon for Sirens (her trees make her great for SMGs in general, and elemental weapons, and because of her ability to appear nearby targets and/or disappear from battle when necessary). I don't really like low firerate hellfires much. I've found some very high damage ones in BL1, but dropped them in preference of faster fire rate (more damage over time). Defilers are revolvers that come in 2 (common), 3 (Rarely), 6 (sometimes) shot varieties. The 6 shots are preferred, but a decent 2 or 3 shot will do well and sometimes are better than 6 shots if the 6 shot is just crappy. These are the go-to weapons for armored targets and are almost essential for the Knoxx DLC, they make it a lot easier. As to other powerful oranges, keep an eye out for the Volcano. A fire sniper with a large area of effect, and the Skullmasher (in particular if you're playing as Mordecai since has a skill that the skullmasher is great for). There is also the non-legendary Masher pistol, which is like a (fairly accurate) shotgun in pistol form, and can come accurate enough to do headshots against medium range targets.

I don't have many pearls myself. I like the Nemesis (super burst fire when zoomed, and procs corrosive and shock damage), and Serpens (Assault rifle with slow moving, winding bullets with corrosive damage and a massive clip). The serpens is best used against high HP, slow moving enemies like Craw and Knoxx himself.

If you like repeaters, keep an eye out for the Firehawk (orange rarity). In Borderlands 1 there is a pistol by that name and it has a similar fire effect, only it doesn't proc all the time I think (but it has the highest proc potential in terms of damage, up to 6x which isn't even listed). I prefer hellfires though.

Equalizers are the most common oranges (and I do mean common, you'll likely run into more of them than Anarchy weapons, or mashers, or any of the other very good non-legendaries). They're also mostly garbage, though you CAN (rarely) come across one that has a masher type effect, which is good..

Author:   Superwalnut
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 6:53pm (PST)
I like the Mechromancer talents.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
Just beat the last story earlier and it was pretty damn good. I would recommend it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.