Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Taking cues from Diablo 3? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54903/t1735454-taking-cues-from-diablo-3/

Author:   Lorx
Date:   May 21, 12 at 3:09pm (PST)
Subject:   Taking cues from Diablo 3?
-------------------------------------------
neo.article

Cliff Notes: Loving these changes, manually looting ammo got to be a real chore. I'm a little lost as to why it's cues from D3 and not just cues from...stuff in general though. This has been a common trend recently, since Auto-loot is shiny and amazing in every way.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   May 21, 12 at 3:15pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Taking cues from Diablo 3?
Love love love auto-loot. I get sick of having to run over and pick everything up after a fight. Sometimes I do enjoy sifting through the landscape of dead bodies to find that perfect loot though.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   May 21, 12 at 3:50pm (PST)
The Pursuit & Lorx - It's not auto-loot though, it's auto-ammo and money which is different. Just thought I'd clarify the differences >_>

Only way auto-loot would work is if there were no limits on your personal storage, and if everyone online got the same equipment.

Author:   MLongfellowDeeds
Date:   May 22, 12 at 4:36am (PST)
Auto loot is good! Even if it is just for money and ammo.

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   May 22, 12 at 10:43am (PST)
Borderlands 1 had instant-heal health packs too. Plus I rarely used health packs anyway, especially with Siren, so this change doesn't matter to me much.

Date:   May 22, 12 at 10:55am (PST)
So sick of running around and picking up all of the ammo and money honestly. So glad this is getting changed!

Author:   One Luck
Date:   May 22, 12 at 3:47pm (PST)
That is better, with auto loot being just for money and health. Don't hate me but I really enjoyed sifting through the mountain of loot that Craw dropped.

Date:   May 22, 12 at 4:20pm (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
The Pursuit & Lorx - It's not auto-loot though, it's auto-ammo and money which is different. Just thought I'd clarify the differences >_>
It's a kind of autoloot? "Smartloot"!

It loots all of that trash I really hated needing to click on all the time!

Date:   May 22, 12 at 4:30pm (PST)
quote Lorx
quote Shadow of Death
It's a kind of autoloot? "Smartloot"!

It loots all of that trash I really hated needing to click on all the time!
It was such a hassle wasn't it. Needing ammo in battle so you have to run around picking it all up, just should have been auto in the first place.

Author:   Paper Fox
Date:   May 23, 12 at 2:07am (PST)
Auto-money/ammo would be refreshing. I just used to run over to a pile of loot and spam square, which would suck if I accidentally picked up a gun I didn't want.
Health kits are probably not a big deal. Playing as a Siren in the first game, once you got to the point where phasewalk regens health, there wasn't really any point in buying the packs, and the storage space was better used for loot anyway.
But it's great the devs are really thinking about the first game and trying to improve on it.

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   May 24, 12 at 7:03am (PST)
You know you can hold down square to pick up all the money or all the ammo within close proximity, right?

Date:   May 24, 12 at 7:48am (PST)
quote HunterKiller666
You know you can hold down square to pick up all the money or all the ammo within close proximity, right?
Yeah but this is so much easier, and as somebody else said, won't pick up all those guns you actually don't want. :3

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   May 24, 12 at 8:10am (PST)
quote Lorx
quote HunterKiller666
Yeah but this is so much easier, and as somebody else said, won't pick up all those guns you actually don't want. :3
Ummm, the button/key holding to grab ammo/money in the area never picked up weapons too...If you held it on a weapon or other equip it would auto-equip that item (and if you were careless and didn't notice when you had a full inventory, it would eject the previously equipped item)...

The only thing that's changing with this gameplay alteration is not needing to pick up ammo or money manually....

Author:   Paper Fox
Date:   May 24, 12 at 2:19pm (PST)
quote HunterKiller666
Yeah I know, but I only really use that when I'm looting ammo from chests. I always found if I tried that with enemy drops, I'd be switching out for shit guns. Plus if the area was larger, I'd have to do it again anyway. I just thought it to be quicker to spam square while running.

Author:   Ditnopota
Date:   May 24, 12 at 2:28pm (PST)
Well, Borderlands taking cues from Diablo isn't really anything new. BUT the new features are pretty neat. Glad to see auto-loot for sure.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.