Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 12 New Characters - Post your wishlist (Pick 8) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54788/t1665914-12-new-characters-post-your-wishlist-pick-8/

Author:   Saikyo Mantis
Date:   Jul 20, 11 at 6:15pm (PST)
Subject:   12 New Characters - Post your wishlist (Pick 8)
-------------------------------------------
According to Amazon.com, there will be 12 new characters added, increasing the roster to 50.

This is the current 38:

CAPCOM MARVEL
- - - - - - - - - - - -

New Characters
One-third of the dozen new characters has already been chosen. They are:

MARVEL CAPCOM Pick 8

With eight left, pick four Marvel and pick four Capcom characters you believe will be added, and perhaps why.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

My list:
MARVEL Honorable Mentions:
Dr. Strange / Brother Voodoo (their villains, Dormammu and Shuma-Gorath, are in, so why not them?), Iron Fist, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, Daredevil, Black Bolt, and a thousand others!

CAPCOM Honorable Mentions:
Everyone in Street Fighter II, III, and IV. No Phoenix Wright! Something from Monster Hunter series would be a nice surprise...

Author:   Shinobi_razor
Date:   Jul 21, 11 at 3:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: 12 New Characters - Post your wishlist (Pick 8)
all characters.

Characters:
Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Dr.Strange, Nova, Iron Fist and Rocket Raccoon
Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Frank West, Firebrand, Strider and Nemesis
i want to see them do like TVC and have a couple characters that are huge and take up at least 2, maybe all 3 character slots. like Apocalypse or Onslaught, and whoever else like that from Capcom side. they would count as 2 or 3 characters so you could only pick at the most 1 more after them, but they would have more life and be more powerful than a typical character. would add a new dimension to the game.

Author:   Saikyo Mantis
Date:   Jul 21, 11 at 1:42pm (PST)
Oh yes, 15 or so minutes after making this thread, Akira_EX's thread of Leaked Characters was posted.

Here I was, ready to ride out the next (almost)4 months with the usual hyped-up speculation, hoping to create a discussion that would contrast fan expectation versus Capcom's plans, when, like a flame doused with ice water, it all came to a halt. All 12 revealed.

Oh well. Turns out Jill and Shuma-Gorath are still listed as DLC, so fan favorites could be in the DLC future. But I doubt it though (one of the suspected reasons they trashed their DLC line-up in lieu of this Ultimate expansion was the poor DLC sales). Leave a wishlist here if you have one, I suppose.

As for giant characters, I liked Gold Lightan and PTX-40A, but they made them so slow to compensate for their massive power. Almost too slow. Two screen-filling Onslaughts headbutting each other to death would be funny to see though.

Author:   Squall
Date:   Jul 23, 11 at 1:16am (PST)
I just wanted Ken. Oh well.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.