Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mario Kart Wii U - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54712/t1821998-mario-kart-wii/

Author:   PerryLaw
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 6:00am (PST)
Subject:   Mario Kart Wii U
-------------------------------------------
With the news that this will be revealed at E3, what are you expecting from the latest Mario Kart?

I thought Mario Kart 7 was a tidy game, and I liked the glide and to a lesser extent, underwater driving. Will they put this on the new Wii U game, or think of something else?

Character wise I'd love to finally see Link and Zelda in a Mario Kart game. Hell ,even Sonic.

Online, I'd like four players to go online at once. And certainly the ability to join games about to start only, not have to watch somebody else finish two laps, then go through all the other options leading to a +5 minute wait.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 6:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: Mario Kart Wii U
Bring back Double Dash Co-op. The Upad will be perfect for it.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 6:30am (PST)
That's a great idea. I'm surprised that they haven't created another double dash game, I thought it was very fun and unique.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 6:49am (PST)
quote bbb7002004
Bring back Double Dash Co-op. The Upad will be perfect for it.
I always liked that feature in DD and wouldn't be apposed to them bringing it back.

Author:   PerryLaw
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 8:08am (PST)
I wasn't a fan of the double dash concept to be honest. Although I did play that Game Cube game to DEATH

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 4:32pm (PST)
I wouldn't want the Double Dash concept to be the main concept on another Mario Kart game. It was a cool idea but it got boring real quick for me. I'd be fine with it being one of the modes of the game.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 4:43pm (PST)
quote Gotenks
I wouldn't want the Double Dash concept to be the main concept on another Mario Kart game. It was a cool idea but it got boring real quick for me. I'd be fine with it being one of the modes of the game.
I concur; it was the focus of Mario Kart: Double Dash, so if brought back I think as just a side feature would be best.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 5:00pm (PST)
Did you play it co-op though? Alone it wasn't all that meaningful (though 2 items at a time was cool) but being able to play with someone else, especially when you really get into sync is the most fun I've ever had in a racing game.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 5:15pm (PST)
Most of my time playing that game has been in co-op. It'd be good for a multiplayer mode.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 5:28pm (PST)
Yeah, I need the co-op elements to really persuade me to the console release. I've still got plenty of play to squeeze out of 7, so unless its something I can play together with my sister or just does some really new and interesting stuff I'll likely be skipping this one.

Author:   Thrawn
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 9:50pm (PST)
I don't see that Double Dash feature ever returning tbh, just seems like it's something that will be forever unique to Double Dash. There are certain elements in Mario Kart 7 that I hope they get rid of for this next game, such as the crappy characters. Come on, who wants to play as Queen Bee? That was the most bazaar character they ever could have added to the roster of Mario Kart.

I hope they bring bikes back fot this one as well.

Author:   canderson
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 10:08pm (PST)
Nope, I don't want bikes returning, nor do I want the two player to a Kart feature from Double Dash to return. Those features are what made Mario Kart Wii and Double Dash stand out from other Mario Kart titles. If any of them were to return, it will just feel more of the same game.

They need to invent something new with this spin-off series in order to keep it fresh. They need something major than just adding gliders and underwater sections.
Like I mentioned in another thread, DLC is a must. We have the usual 32 tracks(I personally hope they're ALL new and none Retro), then maybe every couple of weeks, a new track will be available for download. The replayability of this title can be endless, if they make proper use of the DLC.

I have high hopes for this game as you see. xD

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 10:36am (PST)
I knew this would happen.

John234MKWii, are you reading this?

I hope Funky aka Stupid Kong isn't in this game.

Author:   Enth
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 10:49am (PST)
I agree that they need to think of something really interesting and new for this game. I know a lot of people still get excited for new Kart releases, bit IMO its the franchise most in danger of going stale out of sameness. If this effectively port MKWii and make it HD I won't be happy. The GamePad neeeeda to play a crutial part.

I'm really hoping that the amount of DLC NSMB2 has gotten encourages Nintendo to do extra downloadable tracks for Kart U on a regular basis.

Author:   AgatioGanon
Date:   Jan 25, 13 at 11:00am (PST)
I'd like to see King K Rool or Kritter added as a new character.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.