Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Rumor: Amazon distributor says Wii U will launch on November 11, to be priced at $249 - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54712/t1766395-rumor-amazon-distributor-says-wii-launch-on-november-11-to-priced-at-249/2.htm

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 5:21pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumor: Amazon distributor says Wii U will launch on November 11, to be priced at $249
-------------------------------------------
quote cyseller
Gaming companies have stated that the future will be all digital so there for it is plausible and I for one believe that Nintendo is going to surprise us all and release a Wii U with no disc format and go fully digital. If not now then maybe in a year or two. We'll find out soon, Sept. 13 is right around the corner!
Given this only applies to select regions in the US on the coastal states and completely fails outside of those regions I would say don't bother getting your hopes up. Companies like Redbox thrive because massive sections of the country are on the tech equivalent of 56k and streaming is the last thing they'd fathom right now. Other parts of the world are in similar situations where major cities are well fitted for bandwidth but outside of it the support falls by the wayside.

That's a whole other story of broken promises and pocketed money from Telco's though.

Either way it has a physical disc format and will through the console cycle and the price doesn't reflect them ripping out a critical component to their entire foundation.

Author:   Zombie_Barioth
Date:   Sep 04, 12 at 8:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumor: Amazon distributor says Wii U will launch on November 11, to be priced at $249
-------------------------------------------
Nintendo also stated they have no plans to cut out retailers and go digital only, opting to keep both formats available to give consumers a choice. Either way Nintendo is the last company that would go digital only anyway, they wouldn't even do it with Nintendo Power.

Not that I have a problem with digital games strangely most of my psp games ended up being digital, so I see the appeal.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.