Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Kevin Butler (the VP of Sony in all those commercials) promotes the Wuu - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54712/t1762493-kevin-butler-vp-of-sony-in-all-those-commercials-promotes-wuu/

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Sep 21, 12 at 9:38pm (PST)
Subject:   Kevin Butler (the VP of Sony in all those commercials) promotes the Wuu
-------------------------------------------
http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/151958/Bridgestone-commercial-Kevin-Butler-becomes-VP-of-Betrayal/

EDIT: Or actually just the Wii apparently, but still funny as hell news that I'd thought I share. Sony must be raging furious, what was Kevin thinking? A new version of the trailer came out removing Butler but one things for sure, he's probably never gonna show up in again in another Sony press conference.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186163

Author:   Trev_GFC
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 9:40am (PST)
Subject:   re: Kevin Butler (the VP of Sony in all those commercials) promotes the Wuu
Why would Sony be furious? He would've done that advert before joining Sony, and Sony would've seen his work at Ninty on his CV (Résumé).

Why edit the post but not the original title?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:59am (PST)
Subject:   re: Kevin Butler (the VP of Sony in all those commercials) promotes the Wuu
I don't really get why Bridgestone change the commercial. Dude's an actor, he acts in things.

Author:   Big A2
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 8:34am (PST)
Not in the world of console wars. There, appearing in a commercial isn't just a job, it's a contract signed in blood.

Though I do wonder asked Bridgestone to change it, since I really can't see a tyre company caring about whether some middle-aged man in their commerical is working for Sony now.

Author:   XXIV
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:45pm (PST)
Big A2: How do you sing something in blood :L

I don't see anything wrong with this. He's an actor, he acts for a living. Let him do his job.

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 5:44pm (PST)
LOL, Sony is apparently suing Bridgestone and the actor (Jerry Lambert's his name). Well done.

Author:   Trev_GFC
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 12:35pm (PST)
I was assuming the commercial was made before he was employed at Sony. If he was still an employee at Sony at the time, then it's stupid by him, as long as it's in his contract.

Edit: forgot to add stupid of Bridgestone too, but surely Butler should've mentioned his contract with Sony. My gut feeling is KB's contract must've been vague in this regard, leading to confusion. But my head says how could it possibly be confusing?

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 2:30pm (PST)
quote Trev_GFC
I was assuming the commercial was made before he was employed at Sony. If he was still an employee at Sony at the time, then it's stupid by him, as long as it's in his contract.

Edit: forgot to add stupid of Bridgestone too, but surely Butler should've mentioned his contract with Sony. My gut feeling is KB's contract must've been vague in this regard, leading to confusion. But my head says how could it possibly be confusing?
interpretation my friend, that is all, if a sentence is made of words that can be interpreted in multiple ways then it creates ambiguity, with this the contract loses clarity and in consequence it means it allows multiple interpretations on what it means, were i live that mix is forbidden and now i can see why

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
Trev_GFC

Kevin Butler is a fictional character, portrayed by an actor named Jerry Lambert. Mr. Lambert isn't an exec. of anything at Sony, just an actor paid by Sony to be in a few commercials.

Sony is apparently suing for copyright of the character. Apparently Sony's lawyers think that having someone act in a few commercials means they own that person for the rest of eternity.

Author:   XXIV
Date:   Oct 08, 12 at 10:34pm (PST)
They must be pretty desperate if they are actually doing this. You can't just say you own someones face. Unless its a game, in which you have to be pretty good to say that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.