Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: GD XLIX - A Dry Spell - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54588/t1815312-gd-xlix-dry-spell/4.htm

Author:   Benedict
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 10:24am (PST)
Subject:   re: GD XLIX - A Dry Spell
-------------------------------------------
A fire/grass type would be interesting... either way this new fire starter doesn't look like shit unlike the previous one.

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 12:27pm (PST)
I don't care what the fire starter's secondary type is as long as it's something other than fighting.

We've had Fire/Fighting starters three straight generations, and I would love a bit more variety.

Don't care at all what the secondary types are for the other two, cause I won't be using them.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 3:29pm (PST)
quote Auron Blade
I don't care what the fire starter's secondary type is as long as it's something other than fighting.

We've had Fire/Fighting starters three straight generations, and I would love a bit more variety.

Don't care at all what the secondary types are for the other two, cause I won't be using them.
From the looks of things, I seriously doubt it will be Fire/Fighting TBH

Either pure fire, or Fire/Normal I'd say.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 4:42pm (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
quote Auron Blade

From the looks of things, I seriously doubt it will be Fire/Fighting TBH

Either pure fire, or Fire/Normal I'd say.
It'd be a slap in the face to be in a hybrid with Normal. You gain immunity to ghost moves but gain a weakness to Fighting moves. Overall that's a loss. Yeah you gain STABs from Hyper Beam and other Normal junk abilities, but said moves are never going to be super effective on anything.

Author:   Linnie
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 5:19pm (PST)
Take a look at Tepig, Auron Blade. Did anything about it indicate it would be a Fighting-type?

Then we found out it involved into a poor man's Ganon, and it became the worst starter (while the reveal of Samurott made Oshawott the best starter).

Any level of disappointment can be accomplished by bad evolutions.

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 5:25pm (PST)
I hate Tepig. Yet I still wound up choosing it last time I restarted Black. I named him Kevin. Because pigs+fire=Bacon.

Only Fire/Fighting starter I like is Blaziken, although Infernape isn't all that bad. But Emboar is just terrible in every conceivable way.

Author:   Mister Brightside
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 6:13pm (PST)
Luis_GT

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 6:28pm (PST)
quote KINGX2
IKR

Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 7:10pm (PST)
I just have to share this with you guys:

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 6:08am (PST)
KingX2 - I ended up watching a few of his vids, and subscribing. He does go a bit far (particularly that shock one) at times, but it's a good channel. I mean, people were ready to call 911 and he never let on it was a prank.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:24am (PST)
Not to be racist by clumping a group of reactions, but the black people reactions were the best.
"Oh snap..."
"Oh what... GURL"
"Instagram dat joint"

Author:   Benedict
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 7:42am (PST)
quote KINGX2
I just have to share this with you guys:

I was expecting a RWJ video >:

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 11:06am (PST)
DUN DUN DUN

http://navitaserussirus.deviantart.com/art/Sparkles-Experiments-Log-28-347806605

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 4:08pm (PST)
da fuq

Author:   Linnie
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 6:16pm (PST)
So I was watching Cartoon Planet.

I am struggling not to fill this with expletives.

So I was watching Cartoon Planet, like I said. Cartoon Planet occasionally airs shows I dislike, such as Camp Lazlo, Chowder, and Flapjack (the last one especially). I don't mind them playing them, though, because even if they're not actual Cartoon Cartoons, they're still old-ish, and have fans. They also each lasted a considerable amount of time.

This week they ended Cartoon Planet with a show that, frankly, I had never heard of before. It was called "Robotomy." I watched the entire episode.

Oh it was awful! It was just eleven minutes of violence unrelated to the story, and sexual innuendo unrelated to the story! At least when Regular Show does innuendo (I don't watch Regular Show, for the record) it's slightly entertaining, this was just masturbation jokes! And when we discuss the plot, it's... also unnecessary violence and unentertaining sexual innuendo! The plot was two losers getting jobs to buy things to impress women. They worked for an entertainment... place that consisted of a giant, farting monster (they made a fart joke, yes) eating its customers. The losers hate that job, but find out they can sell "coolant" for money. The process is too reminiscent of sperm donation, except the whole time they're screaming in pain. I'm not exaggerating, they screamed as they were... "milked." Things go south, they learn women like their men to have "coolant," and they get it back, but are suddenly chased by police robots trying to kill them. They ride on the farting monster from earlier to escape them, who kills a person they hate and a person they like. The episode ends with the losers remarking how they hate women.

WHY DID THEY AIR THIS ON A BLOCK DESIGNED FOR POPULAR NOSTALGIC CARTOONS? THIS CLEARLY WASN'T POPULAR, I HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT, AND IT'S NOT NOSTALGIC, IT MUST BE SOME KIND OF NEW CARTOON THEY CANCELLED BECAUSE OF HOW AWFUL IT WAS.

I'm seriously considering finding who I could write to so I can voice my criticism (much more nicely worded than here) and see if my opinion matters.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.