Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: XL - PARTY TIME!!! - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54588/t1767124-xl-party-time/9.htm

Author:   bronyracer
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: XL - PARTY TIME!!!
-------------------------------------------
I'm a terrible metal fan because I mostly just listen to it as background music while I'm driving. Never really know who's playing, and if I hear a song I like I immediately forget who it is by the time the next song is over. ADD FTW. I do like Between the Buried and Me and Protest the Hero.

Heard this on the radio the other day and really like it.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:14pm (PST)

rock on!

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
quote Luis_GT
quote Charlie
Luis_GT: Eh now that I look at it again, it's not AS bad. But you don't really find any of that really pervy stuff weird anyways. So you wouldn't think it's weird to post anyways most likely. Let's just stray away from those topics like we have been saying. MAKE ANOTHER PM THREAD IF YOU PERVS WANT. But yeah, you guys are doing a good job of actually listening for once. No I won't ban you, but if I see clothes on another pony (lul) I'M BANNING HIIGARAN EVEN MORE.....

Not finding it weird does not mean I like or encourage it. Not once did I post anything perverted on that PM thread other than a molestia comic strip.

Also... ban higgy!

DON'T TALK BACK TO ME. But haha man, I'm just messing with you really. Or am I?....

Clothed ponies are hawt, especially ones with socks fine.

BAN HIGGY FOREVER!

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:44pm (PST)
Yeah, I don't fancy much in the way of IRL social interactions. Even internet interactions I have my limits at times. Sometimes I just wanna type "STOP MESSAGING ME, YOU ARE BEING INCONVENIENT" (mainly when the messages are getting in the way somehow, or if I'm Folding@Home and not being talkative, the flashing notification actually slows down the computer) but being Canadian and stuff, I can't be that rude >_>

I don't like parties, I don't like booze, I don't like pop. Apparently when I was younger and went to b-day parties my mom ended up getting comments about not knowing what to do with me in regards to drinks since everybody else had pop and I didn't like it. Milk (Esp. choco milk) was default.

Introverts aren't people who are just shy and need coaxing, it's a legitimate personality type and don't need to be changed. There have been reports explaining just this in scientific magazines too, so suck it extroverts who think they're doing us a favor. Basically it details how extroverts get energy from social interactions and parties, whereas introverts find it draining (very true).

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 4:45pm (PST)
quote Liege
walnuts

Finally!

I lost my job!
What did you do?

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 5:20pm (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Introverts aren't people who are just shy and need coaxing, it's a legitimate personality type and don't need to be changed. There have been reports explaining just this in scientific magazines too, so suck it extroverts who think they're doing us a favor. Basically it details how extroverts get energy from social interactions and parties, whereas introverts find it draining (very true).
couldnt agree more. im perfectly comfortable with being on my own, and i enjoy it. however, that doesnt mean i will refuse every invitation to go out with friends. i just dont take the initiative because its not my cup of tea. i prefer the majority of my social interaction to come from a bunch of people i dont even know over the internet. its convenient as well, because i can talk whenever i want to, and still do my own thing.

id really like to know why some people thing its simply not 'healthy' to prefer isolation on a regular basis. what, do we get our vitamins and minerals from being in close proximity to others? i dont see how people can turn in to psychologically challenged people from it. ahh whatever, let them think what they want. we are happy doing what we are doing. more power to us.

Author:   Liege
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 5:35pm (PST)
quote walnuts
What did you do?
Nothing. Just that. Nothing. Well, I did, but not a lot. Eventually it got to the point where there just wasn't much for me to do and I spent my time just waiting for the day to end. We have a secondary parking lot across the road for when the primary one fills up. Once upon a time that secondary lot would be full and people would have to start parking at nearby businesses that wouldn't tow them. Nowadays, the second lot isn't even half-filled during day classes, and the primary lot is only 2/3 filled during night classes. They don't need as many employees if they're running low on students. They've even resorted to "borrowing" instructors from other campuses as of late on an as-needed basis rather than hiring more of our own. They still have two other system admins to look after the place, one of which hasn't actually worked for my campus in over a year, he's just conveniently close. My situation isn't unique, the education industry in general is getting that way all over the country. An education isn't worth what it once was.

I also had some serious problems with the way things were run and how it impacted the students, and I wasn't apathetic and didn't swallow the Kool-Aid like many others.

quote Shadow of Death
Indeed. I have always been an extreme introvert. Recently I've become much more extroverted and now prefer the company of others to solitude, but still have moments when I need to retreat, and I know how to approach introverts.

Never understood how extroverts think telling somebody just to be different would be any help. Why don't they just go sit in their bedrooms alone all weekend rather than socializing? The same reason I didn't get out much, that's why.

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 5:40pm (PST)
hiigaran - I like little get together just fine, but bigger ones, and especially ones with people I don't know I prefer to avoid. Also, anything that conflicts with the schedule even a bit (IE: if I have work that night) makes me less inclined to go out. I like my free time to do whatever on the computer.

Yes, internet based social interaction is my thing because it's on my terms, by and large. If I really don't want to interact with others, I just ignore the messages until such time I feel like responding. I usually try to say "hello" or something, so as not to be too rude about it.

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 5:47pm (PST)
I don't know what I am... I enjoy solitude from time to time, but I also enjoy going to parties (as long as I have 1 or 2 close friends with me... otherwise I won't go...)

I'm a very social drinker though...

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:25pm (PST)
Wow. Is there anyone here who doesn't like heavy metal? I'm starting to feel left out. Metal just isn't pleasant to listen to for me, it's noisy and gives me a pounding headache. I will make an exception though. I rather like Metallica, especially Enter Sandman and the rest of the album it is on.

I also hate how many different sub-genres there are, as well as how...emotional, let's say, the fans can get about the differences between them. Feels like walking across a minefield while blindfolded whenever I start trying to learn about it.

I have to agree about the whole introversion thing. Alas, I've recently been wanting to get out more and nurse my long neglected social life into somethig resembling what it should be. I still suffer from crippling social anxiety though, so the going is tough.

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:52pm (PST)
Nightwish is Symphonic Metal.

Symphonic Metal Heavy Metal.

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:53pm (PST)
quote Auron Blade
Wow. Is there anyone here who doesn't like heavy metal? I'm starting to feel left out. Metal just isn't pleasant to listen to for me, it's noisy and gives me a pounding headache. I will make an exception though. I rather like Metallica, especially Enter Sandman and the rest of the album it is on.

I also hate how many different sub-genres there are, as well as how...emotional, let's say, the fans can get about the differences between them. Feels like walking across a minefield while blindfolded whenever I start trying to learn about it.

I have to agree about the whole introversion thing. Alas, I've recently been wanting to get out more and nurse my long neglected social life into somethig resembling what it should be. I still suffer from crippling social anxiety though, so the going is tough.

I hate metal... but I do love metallica... I'm more of a Alternative rock/techno/trance/pop kinda guy...

Author:   Chobi
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
quote Auron Blade
    I really wanna post a video in response to this, but it's probably too inappropriate for this forum. ;~;

I would say Apocalyptica is more symphonic metal than anything. :0P I dunno, my tastes are really varied. I love metal and electronica, but I also really adore indie music (The Magnetic Fields are amaaaazing; they sing my favourite song). Yay music. :0)

Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:07pm (PST)
A call your apocalyptica or however its spelled and raise you SOAD

ROCK ON!!!

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:12pm (PST)
quote Giga Bowser
Nightwish is Symphonic Metal.

Symphonic Metal Heavy Metal.
Precisely the point of my second paragraph. All of those [adjective] metal genres confuse me to no end. Other genres do that too, but metal seems like one of the worst offenders to me. It's to the point where I don't answer with genre names when people ask what I listen to.

My brother listens to metal and a lot of that electronic stuff, he's tried to explain it to me a few tines but I just don't get it. I mostly just like what I like when it comes to music, no rhyme or reason to be found.

Just cause of the other videos.

This message was edited on 2012-09-28T19:37:54-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.