Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: XL - PARTY TIME!!! - page 12

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54588/t1767124-xl-party-time/12.htm

Author:   Chobi
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 1:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: XL - PARTY TIME!!!
-------------------------------------------

quote Giga Bowser
First Round, Battle 3 - SUPERWALNUT Vs. MOM

[youtube] DbUItEhWwTk [/youtube]

quote Auron Blade
New pet peeve: people who automatically write off anything "mainstream" as garbage. Also, the use of "indie" as a genre. Indie, so far as I understand, simply refers to any artist not signed to a major record label. If I'm wrong, then can someone please explain to me the defining characteristics of this "indie genre"?

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 2:01pm (PST)
Yeah, I don't like the Ice Climbers myself (never used them when I played one of the Smash Brothers games), but they kicked their opponent's arse >_>

I also don't like metal music, and even rock music generally. Not saying I don't like any of it, but there are always exceptions in a genre.

I tend to prefer pop, ambient, string, and some electronica/trance/synth (not great at defining genres TBH).

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 3:18pm (PST)
Gah, Mom, ya changed yer avatar, now the whole video's ruined :c

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 3:22pm (PST)
quote Charlie
quote Auron Blade
New pet peeve: people who automatically write off anything "mainstream" as garbage. Also, the use of "indie" as a genre. Indie, so far as I understand, simply refers to any artist not signed to a major record label. If I'm wrong, then can someone please explain to me the defining characteristics of this "indie genre"?
I myself only used the word "mainstream" because it's usually what people call all the artists like Lil' Wayne all over the radio and etc. A lot of people judge a genre off of what's play off of the radio and stuff which is the most stupid thing you can do ever. I really dislike people like that.

I like mainstream anyways. Saying it's ALL garbage is pretty dumb too. But idc, I like a lot of it so it doesn't really matter much to me! :3 But uhhhh, people still listen to radio stations daily? I do I'm in a car, at the gym sometimes, or something.

I don't think I'd ever take my iPod and headphones to the gym to block everyone out, so if there is a radio that is fine. But errr maybe I will sometimes. Yes some people are antisocial like that, but if someone was trying to get my attention they might have to come up and tap me on the shoulder, and it would throw me off! I don't need music to focus while exercising anyways. If I'm with other people I like to talk to them too ofc, people who put on their headphones while hanging out with friends are rude lol. Then you're just like "HUH?" over and over. Putting them on around your parents, annoying people, or family members sometimes is another story though. Though friends can get annoying sometimes too........:>

YAY INDIEINDIEINDIE!

Radio... ever since I got my ipod adapter for my car 3 years ago... I rarely listen to radio... and besides... radio stations here suuuuck... the good ones only play on west side of the island...

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:39pm (PST)
quote Giga Bowser
REMATCH!

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 5:11pm (PST)
quote Mom
quote Auron Blade
    WELL GEE, SORRY. I guess I shoulda said synthpop instead of indie 'cause it's SO ANNOYING. :0P

Yeah, most of my post there was inspired by hipsters. I really really really dislike hipsters. I don't have to deal with them too much, but on those occasions I do I find myself resisting the urge to pummel them relentlessly.

Some folks out there just don't get that, while some popular music does really suck, a lot of it is popular because it's genuinely good. Also that a lot of the quirky obscure "indie" music is really really annoying to listen to because it's so quirky. These are just my impressions of course.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 9:01pm (PST)
quote Giga Bowser

Author:   Giga Bowser
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 9:03pm (PST)
lol yeah, three days ago, when I edited these videos

Just didn't notice it under the Cutie Marks.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 9:40pm (PST)

Author:   Kingy
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:41pm (PST)
quote Shadow of Death
Wohoo! I won!

Was a close thing though. Started off pretty strong, but KINGX2 started pulling ahead, but in the end I pimp slapped him out of the arena XD
Congrats!

Charlie: First mod and best mod tbh.

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 12:57am (PST)
quote KINGX2
quote Shadow of Death
Wohoo! I won!

Was a close thing though. Started off pretty strong, but KINGX2 started pulling ahead, but in the end I pimp slapped him out of the arena XD
Congrats!

Charlie: First mod and best mod tbh.

I MAKE COOL *bleep*ED UP THREADS, LIKE THE REGGIE FACE GD!

hiigaran: She's a whore, and you're a whore!

Author:   alahna777
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 1:38am (PST)
Calm the farm....

HURHUHURHURHURHR HEHEHEHEHEHURRR

Author:   Short Circuit
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 3:59am (PST)
So I was walking up to the shops today, and I passed this really strange-looking guy as I walked up my street. He flashes me this really unnerving grin, then laughs when I pass him.

*shudder*

It was a really sinister laugh too, eek. I hope he's not a stalker or something...

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 4:24am (PST)
aww, he likes you!

quote Charlie
hiigaran: She's a whore, and you're a whore!
blasphemy! go make a rap with zecora or something!

Author:   Kingy
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 8:26am (PST)
quote Short Circuit
So I was walking up to the shops today, and I passed this really strange-looking guy as I walked up my street. He flashes me this really unnerving grin, then laughs when I pass him.

*shudder*

It was a really sinister laugh too, eek. I hope he's not a stalker or something...
Tell him you're gay and then hit on him. See what he does afterward.

If he's gay too, run. And fast. Never look back.

Also, I landed a new job finally. Gonna be a guy who helps design and put up signs/banners around town. The name of the company is Rainbow, if you can believe it, haha.

This message was edited on 2012-09-30T09:38:56-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.